Red Steel Sux??

Shaderhack

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2007
I just got a Wii for Xmas along with WiiPlay, Red Steel, Zelda, and RE:Umbrella Chronicles. Almost every game I've played so far (haven't even budged Zelda or RE) has been exceptional. I picked up on Red Steel right away with it's control scheme. I like it a lot! It's very immersive and takes a lot of coordination to get right. The story is cliche of course, but I like the action. It feels right! The swordplay is just as good.

Why did this game get condemned for it's controls? Perhaps we have a lot of non agile players out there!:yesnod:

-M

This game is cool. But, the sword play was dumb. When I wanted to do a horizontal slash, it would do a vertical slash or nothing. That's what bugged the crap out of me.

the controls werent bad for the first FPS game on the wii ever. but the main criticisms came when people saw what they COULD have been. Redsteel controls are...laughable compared to those of Metroid Prime 3.

Want a great FPS with amazing controls? metroid prime 3 my friend. Redsteel wasnt bad when it first came out. but the controls were nearly rock bottom to be honest. compared to the stuff were seeing now.

That game gave me a big friggin head ache from moving around and the flashing lights. But yeah, it was cool.

i hate the stupid reviews, Redsteel rocks!!
it's one of the best Wii games, and the gameplay is very cool, escpecially with the sword!!! :)

wait til you try multiplayer

lol sniping with pistol...

Anyone else notice this glitch? Or am i just crazy

And for people who are like "huh"

You can kill anyone with a couple of shots from the pistol from anywhere in a level. Really amusing

Thank God you agree with me. :lol:
I found the controls to be excellent for a launch title and I enjoyed the game very much, so I have no idea why a lot of people didn't like it.
Anyway, welcome to WiiChat. Happy gaming. :)

I guess the game isn't for everyone. Sortof like Assassin's Creed (which I loved).

My brother said this is an awesome game and recommended i buy it. He played it at his friends house and says the controls are great, especially with the sword.

I've had some great times with Red Steel (mostly February - April). Similar to what most people said, the controls were not the best but, for me, the game was not half bad.

I found the game to be good.
People say the game sucks, because the Sword Swinging was not as good as it could have been, not as precise. Also the visuals were bad in some places. But I enjoyed the game, loved the fact I could tilt my gun on the screen :lol:

If you really liked this one, your bound to enjoy Red Steel 2, which is coming out around the fall of 2008.

great game... I agree w/ a poster said about the multiplayer being better than the story line. Great concept though, where the multiplayer map was just big enough to fit 4 ppl playing with each other. The assortments of weapons I thought could be better but at the end, IMO anyways, I think the pea shooter is still the best!
Finally, the other minor thing is that the multiplayer game allows gives the player kills when he/she grenades themselves and everybody else... All in all, can't wait til the RS 2.

Red Steel is a pretty good shooter. It wasn't as bad as most people say it is. Plus now you can pick it up for about 15 bucks used so it's well worth it.

Back