red steel

you have to beat each level with the samuri rating to get a 100% completion of the game. I have beat the game but am only at 77% b/c I took my time on the levels. I can't seem to find the link but there is a walkthough that gives you the time, accuracy and respect points for each level for the samuri ranking.

Despite what all the reviews and people say I still find it a very fun game to play, not the best game in my collection but its quite near the top. My non-gaming friend who bought a Wii really loves red steel, so yeah its a good game.

Nymisus said:
Multi player is fun if the other person is used to the controls, but I wish there were more maps.

there's a map?!?! I've never seen maps for this game

this is a great game. the only things that bug me are the crosshairs never stay still and will jump about. this is annoying when you are lying in wait for someone to pop their head up and then the damn crosshair moves. the other thing that annoys me is when doing sword fights (is it just me or do the sword fights get easier as you go through the game). the controls for the sword fight are not sensitive enough - you really have to make your actions slow for the wii to respond which is annoying - i dont think i've ever pulled off a scorpion attack

It was a fun experience, though mainly because it of Wii itself. The reticule jumping is incredibly distracting (it always waited to get me till I was trying to snipe under fire), and turning around takes forever. In multiplayer (as fun as that is) once someone gets behind you (if they're half-way good), you're dead before you can turn and confront them.

Wiinter said:
It was a fun experience, though mainly because it of Wii itself. The reticule jumping is incredibly distracting (it always waited to get me till I was trying to snipe under fire), and turning around takes forever. In multiplayer (as fun as that is) once someone gets behind you (if they're half-way good), you're dead before you can turn and confront them.

Fortunately for me I haven't played anyone who is very decent at it so I tend to slaughter anyone that I play against. I like the game, that stupid jumping crosshair is just too much for me at times, so it has been collecting dust for a few months now.

the best way to play this game is to kill them from a distance. as long as the cross hair doesnt jump around to much you can target them, zoom in and take head shots. even the shotgun (which is 'sposed to be for close action combat has a very long range)....:wtf:

bear in mind as well that you can stock up on bullets at harry's bar for both of your weapons up to a full mag so of course if you do get chance to pick up a weapon that you cant normally get access to such as an AE rifle then you can start the next mission with a full mag. 1 shot from an AE and they are down no matter where you hit them :lol:

I thought that the game looked cool, but I don't have it. Multiplayer looked like it was pretty good also.

Back