Remeber when everyone thought this game was going to be good?

did you even play ssbb online yet?

You trying to remind everyone of that god-awful lagfest? You must really hate Brawl too.

ok bodine for ur imformation...brawl is one of my favorite wii games that i play almost everyday both offline and online but i mostly play online. 2 as for the lag...honestly i dont really care about it much, if it lags bad then oh well. if it dose'nt lag then i will continue to play brawl, other than that brawl is fun IF you know how to fight good. so again...i hate brawl!?...PLEASE :prrr:

Well when you check updates for a game every single day, it losses its greatness.

also brawl online sucks

Looks like you spoiled yourself. And yes, brawl online sucks. It's way too barebones, but it's tolerable, at least.

Once again, opinion is opinion.

Well when you check updates for a game every single day, it losses its greatness.

also brawl online sucks

Looks like you spoiled yourself. And yes, brawl online sucks. It's way too barebones, but it's tolerable, at least.

Once again, opinion is opinion.

While I don't agree with everything you say I defend to the death your right to say it and that quote is a prime example of why.

Excuse me if this is spam, last time I posted something here that was the main conversation....

But anyway; I was so pissed off when I got this game. I beat it within a week and was thinking "that's it?"

I hope the new HG and SS don't turn out like this...

Fighting/multiplayer games aren't supposed to be long. :p Brawl's SSE, trophies, stickers, etc. are nothing but a ton of time-consuming fun, which lasts much longer than your run of the mill fighter.

And once you do unlock everything, that's when it's time to start playing other people; then the real fun begins.

While I can agree with online being very... limited, imagine how brawl'd be WITHOUT online at all, for some people. Not everyone has a lot of other people to play with all the time (I live in the middle of nowhere, practically, so... yeah), and you can get sick of the same people over and over too. Online brings a lot of Smash Bros.; be it bare-bones (taken from Bio :p) or not.

... ... ... I'd moap around forever if HG/SS turned out to suck. I've been waiting for a GSC remake for so long... just as we've all been! DX

other then the laggy online the game is great. tons of characters and stages plus the option to make more stages. the game is awsome.

This.

Also, for sake of mention, my wi-fi barely lags at all, maybe 5% of the time; and that's only on Basic Brawl. As long as you add people in the same area as you (and if you have a good connection, in the same country), you won't be getting lag very often. There's also plenty of ways to prevent lag. Shut down all IE windows on the PC, temporarily, move your signal closer to your Wii and vice versa, etc. etc.

you're one of the people that looks at all the hype and assumes a game must be at a certain point. you can claim otherwise but judging from your attitude, i'm exactly right.

everyone knew Brawl was going to be great. then a delay. we all thought they were adding something epic. then another delay. they better be adding something epic. the world(except japan) gets another delay. now we're wondering why japan didn't get the delay. game comes out and gets the super rare and hard to get Famitsu 40/40 showing the game is epic. we finally get it and half the Smash community becomes ungrateful pricks saying it should've been better.

people who pre-judge a game on it's hype then complain about it afterwards piss me off. do research, check demos, play previous games of the series. if you do that then fine, you have every right to claim its lacking. but just judging it on the hype shows a high level of stupidity that makes me want to hit these people.

I'm just saying that brawl should be better after all those delays and all the hype
There's a point where Bodine doesn't even cross. I'm going to have to stop ya there. They did the best with what they had and it worked. I may favor Melee but Brawl couldn't be better than what it is without being a carbon-copy of Melee. Well, maybe adding the Onett theme to Onett would've helped. LOL

i have 1 thing 2 say, only 1 thing

Brawl is awesome:yesnod:but the online sucks:frown5:but the game itself is just....:smilewinkgrin::bacon::lol::cryin::confused::hand::tard::thumbsup::dita::D:eek::mad5: but mostly :bacon::worship:

I'm just saying that brawl should be better after all those delays and all the hype
There's a point where Bodine doesn't even cross. I'm going to have to stop ya there. They did the best with what they had and it worked. I may favor Melee but Brawl couldn't be better than what it is without being a carbon-copy of Melee. Well, maybe adding the Onett theme to Onett would've helped. LOL

The Chronicle? Master pieces? all a waste of space, could have been used for a few characters or stages. also DLC? Do they realize it's 2009 and that everyone wants some new characters. also speed up the game goddammit!!!

While I can agree with online being very... limited, imagine how brawl'd be WITHOUT online at all, for some people. Not everyone has a lot of other people to play with all the time (I live in the middle of nowhere, practically, so... yeah), and you can get sick of the same people over and over too. Online brings a lot of Smash Bros.; be it bare-bones (taken from Bio :p) or not.

The bolded part describes me completely. NONE of my real-life friends who play video games (even fighters) play Brawl. Either they refuse to admit that it has complexity just like their own cherished fighters or they aren't the fighting game type. Online is the only reason I can still bear to play Brawl after having it for so long.

I'd say Brawl would still be great, but would definitely be much less-enjoyable of a game if it had no online, so despite its shortcomings, it's good to count our blessings. The online component isn't really anything to write home about by current-gen standards, but all I need is a hub to play against other players reliably in the first place, and that's what it does (most of the time), so I would argue that it does everything it needs to do (at least for me).

Last edited:
Wait, please don't tell me you're whining about the amount of characters and stages, one of the things I have absolutely no problem with about Brawl.

And people call ME an ass...

If anything there is an over abundance of characters and stages.

Wait, please don't tell me you're whining about the amount of characters and stages, one of the things I have absolutely no problem with about Brawl.

And people call ME an ass...

If anything there is an over abundance of characters and stages.

I say it's just right. If you want to see an over abundance of characters look at the Budokai games.

:sick:

I'd say so, but in this case it's a good thing. Same for Budokai. (Let's keep any complaints about Budokai to a minimum please :))

Back