Remember When...

BlackKnight5

Banisher of the Twilight.
Jan 1, 2007
Fresno, CA.
Wii Online Code
4054-9757-1074-8404
This sad scenario that the PlayStation 3 system is currently experiencing definitely makes me reflect on the past... anybody remember when it was the Nintendo 64, PlayStation, and Sega Saturn facing off? Yeah... we all know that the Saturn didn't fare nearly as well as its two highly favored competitors. What makes me think is the fact that Sony should have known better; back then (and somewhat ironically), people abandoned the Sega Saturn for the PlayStation because the Sega Saturn was significantly more expensive than the other two competing systems of the generation. And what happened to Sega? Their Saturn system gave them absolutely no real momentum into the next generation, even though the system had the potential to be really powerful, and thus their next system, the Dreamcast, did well only at first before the other systems arrived on the scene, sealing Sega's grim fate.

Sorry if my moment of reminiscence has bored anyone... I merely find it to be an interesting allegory of the past that seems to closely represent today's situation. What do you think? Will history perhaps... repeat itself in Sony, even with the system's strong repuation that is has (or perhaps had, depending on your opinion)?

I think its stupid that sony tried to pack soo much into the ps3 and that they didnt consider that some people would turn away the ps3 because of the price. And all the arrogant people of the sony company believed that the ps3 would do well becuase of the success of the ps2 and because of all the features of it. As you can see now.. thats not the case. Blueray is going down the drain at the moment, while hd dvd sales are rising because of all the xbox360's. If a ps4 were to ever be released... hopefully sony will have learned from this generation of consoles.

Back