SEGA Questions Wii's Longevity

it would be awsome if sega jumped into the 1st party role again with a console i would buy it in a heartbeat. i had genesis and dreamcast and there both awsome and ive played the saturn and its really awsome.

LowTek said:
Any Wii owner that bought it for graphics is a fool.

The motion controls will not get old, I have over 80 hours on Zelda slashing and spinning, I am so used to it, it comes as natural as mashing a button.

People always forget about the COST of the consoles themselves and the games, you GET what you PAY for. Old quote, it can be applied to this argument as well.

I do not understand the point of these types of ENDLESS arguments, everything has pros and cons. You can relate it into any industry, say trucks... like saying a Toyota Tacoma is better than a Ford F350 since it is cheaper and better on gas, but the 350 can tow more and has more horse power. Well pros and cons, but which one is better?! Well the only person buying the product can make that decision.
exactly
they become second nature, theyre not exciting 30 minutes into the game so why apply the extra effort.

PS3 is just a more powerful system than PS1 and 2. I didnt like PS1 or 2 consonle, controllers or games. In fact i lie... the only game i actually enjoyed was that free 'Tank' game 'Hardware' i think it was called that you get free with the PS2 network adaptor.

Contoller shits me - There is no order to the buttons on the controller like triangle, square, circle.. i much prefer a, b, c, x, y, z aka sega, xbox styles.

So theres nothing really 'special' about the PS3 that the PS2 doesn't do except for better graphics.

I have not heard of 1 game that stands out that would make me want to buy a PS3 so meh....

Sovieto said:
exactly
they become second nature, theyre not exciting 30 minutes into the game so why apply the extra effort.

Because it is second nature, it is NOT effort at all. Plus it is better than mashing a button. IN MY OPINION.

LowTek said:
Because it is second nature, it is NOT effort at all. Plus it is better than mashing a button. IN MY OPINION.
This is why so many old people, non gamers and young children can play the Wii like a pro the very first time.

Sega questioning anyone's longevity is funny ... Sega had maybe two successful systems - the handheld fell short of longevity, the CD and Saturn were one-hit wonders (two at best), as was the Dreamcast, so for Sega to question the largest, most successful gaming company in the world is absurd.

Back