resident evil - convincing parents

Kingston

Mohh2 Name: TheHater
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
I need a way to convince my parents to let me buy resident evil umbrella chronicles.

It's not the blood they hate, it's the thought of guns and killing.

they don't mind mortal kombat for some reason, and I own
resident evil 4 for gamecube without their awareness.

by the way, I'm about 14

EDIT: Ok, this is what I decided to do. I've asked for the game for my birthday (Dec 16). I told my parents that I wanted "the umbrella chronicles" I left out the famous series title that they'd be sure to spot as a red flag. I also felt it unnecessary to reveal that the game is "M"
Now i'm worried that on my birthday, my only present will be a big "rejected" stamp.

I hadn't officially asked about it when I began this thread, I was just looking for the right arguments to make.

Last edited:
well, i was in pretty much the same situation as you. i convinced my dad to get it for me w/out my mom's knowing. i told him about the 6 day return policy if she found out, and i said i'd take all the blame.

if that doesnt work for you, have a VERY trusted friend pick it up for you and bring it to school the next day.

um. my parents dont like it either, just buy it yourself and then, again, play it in secret. thats what i did.

Kingston said:
I need a way to convince my parents to let me buy resident evil umbrella chronicles.

It's not the blood they hate, it's the guns and violence.

they don't mind mortal kombat for some reason, and I own
resident evil 4 for gamecube without their awareness.

by the way, I just turned 14
I feel you bro, I'm 16 and I have the same problem.

Dbomb3 said:
um. my parents dont like it either, just buy it yourself and then, again, play it in secret. thats what i did.

how would I do that? I'm 14!

^hahahahahaha

made me laugh there

find an older cousin and ask him/her to buy it for you

Since when do you have to be old enough to buy Mature games? maybe it's a law in your guys' states, not mine or the previous one...

My parents don't care...although neither do the gamestop workers...jjust tell your parents it will prepare you for when something like that happens in reality

yeah, the next time theres an outbreak of the T-Virus you wont be ready and your family will die.

my suggestion is to go to every store in town and try to buy it. some employees dont care about that stuff. if you fail once at a store, go back the next day and see if someone else is working in the game department.

gamestop usually checks ID's, actually, once i actually turned 17 they quit carding me. lol maybe they just recognize me cause im in there at least once a week. usually more.

or use the same method kids use to get beer. stand outside a liquor store untill a cool enough adult agrees to buy you some alcohol (i dont condone this behaviour, its just an example lol) i know if a kid asked me to buy him an M game i'd do it for free. i dont think games corrupt our youth, the more blood the better.

HA

SensesFail said:
yeah, the next time theres an outbreak of the T-Virus you wont be ready and your family will die.

lol maybe they just recognize me cause im in there at least once a week. usually more.

or use the same method kids use to get beer. stand outside a liquor store untill a cool enough adult agrees to buy you some alcohol

bahhahaah all of that made me laugh :yesnod:
my dad couldnt care less im like yeah going 2 get resident evil 4 this arfternoon and he was like good it will get you off that stupid computer... i dont see his point i am just witching places in the house=D
anyway tell them thats its all fake and that you would only use a gun to save their lives!

if not slowly introduce that stuff to them (haha them (sounds like were talking about monkeys or somthing)haha) start getting more voilent movies from the video store if they dont let you atleast do that ... then my friend we have a problem *loads semi-auto rifle*

awe kido thats awful im so glad ive never experienced anything of the sort.
1. persistence ( try daily everywhere you can to purchase the game, wait for a girl at the cash register and be a cute little 14 year old i bet thatll work.)
2.stand outside teh store and wait for a cool* lookin d00d and ask him to purchuse the game for you just be sure he looks trustworthy.
3.goodluck man, the game is really fun so try hard to get it.

Back