Routers

Cant connect Talk Talk SmartAX MT882 ADSL2+ Broadband Modem

I Cant connect my Talk Talk SmartAX MT882 ADSL2+ Broadband Modem.

Passeses the connection test but wont update.

Please help as I am new to all this stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!

The Draytek Vigor 2800G works fine with the Wii. Although its a more expensive router (£147) it is superb, reliable, solid and secure compared to the kids toys you find in PC World. I've got the Wii working on WPA-PSK 802.11g mode. For MAC filtering I've got it using a Strict Bind Ip. All you've got to do to get the router and the Wii to talk is to manually enter the settings for the IP Address and the DNS, put the primary and secondary DNS the same if your router is set up as the DNS server on your network.

I've yet to set the DS up but I'll have a go at that later. The great thing about my router is that I can also have a WEP key running alongside the WPA. I'll post up my results once I've got it working.

Shaker.

Last edited:
shaker said:
The Draytek Vigor 2800G works fine with the Wii. Although its a more expensive router (£147) it is superb, reliable, solid and secure compared to the kids toys you find in PC World.
Be careful what you say. I'd argue some of the homebrew firmware available for out kids routers to be superior to your Klingon Bortek 7800GTS.

Show me that it is running VXWorks and I might change my mind.

i have a linksys wrt54g ver 4 and can connect fine with the security turned off, with it on it won't connect, says the password is wrong and I have tried changing it any ideas?

I have the WGR614 Wireless Netgear Router, and i am honestly having some troubles connecting to the internet on the wii. It says error 52031.

My Wii is upstairs, and my computer and router is downstairs. I have no idea if this makes a big difference or not. It's also not directly above the router either, it's a couple of rooms over. I'm gonna need so help on this one.

what is the homehub
i can get an acess point but i dont no what the sercurity password is

Kepa said:
I'm using a Netgear DG834G, and after 10 minutes of not sure why it wasn't working, I reset the connection settings on the Wii, turned off MAC filtering on the router, let the Wii reconnect, entered the WEP key, and now it works a charm.

Where do you find the WEP key
Im getting sooooooo frusterated

Netgear MR814v2 but we get error 51331. Perhaps I am not as computer savvy as most but I am confused at what to try differently.

D-Link DSL g604t

D-Link DSL g604t

I just went through this process with a UK D-Link DSL g604t today and this worked for me.

Up/downgrade the firmware to FW_V1.00B02T02.UK.20050815 Available via the d-link uk site (follow the instructions too !!!!!).

Don't set any security yet, just enable the access point, and don't change the ssid. Make sure dns, dhcp are all enabled.

Now let your wii try to find the access point and test the connection. This worked for me.

Download the update that is offered to you. Once this is COMPLETE, power down the wii, wait 20 sec's or so then power up again. Now test an online channel. If this does not work, check you followed the firmware upgrade properly inc a factory reset after the upgrade.

However, as most user's of this router know it is best to manually set the dns address on each node (pc/laptop/wii) and disable dns forwarding on the router once your wii has connected,updated and you have tested a few channels.
This stop's the need for a router reset every now and then.

You can(should) also now start setting up your mac address filtering, then test, then your wep or other security, then test.

Different results are all too possible, so please post any experience.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
I'm going to be getting a Wii for my birthday and I want to make sure my Router will work, I have a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz WRT54G, does any one else have this router and does the Wii have wireless internet from it? And what is Firmware, and does it cost money to upgrade it?

I've a Speedtouch 585 router and am having trouble connecting to my Wii.

I search for access point, select my router, enter the WPA password, then it runs a connection test then comes back with an error code (52132) saying unable to connect. My first thought was the firewall but ive switched my pc firewall off and am still having problems.

Deano and anyone have trouble with a router, Check this, if your router is listed, check the location of the wii can recieve a signal, use a laptop or try moving the wii or router as close to 'line of sight' as possible.

Check the meaning of the error code you are recieving, it may not be a connection issue at your end. The manual resolves some codes, the nintendo web site offers some more, this link and the forum above it offer some good advice :

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=wii_tech&message.id=7755

If you are sure the wii should be getting a signal but still will not pass the connection test update your firmware to the latest offering. Test again.

If this still does not work start working through the options on your router. Disable DNS forwarding and set the dns address manually in the Wii, TEST, disable DHCP and manually set an IP (in the correct range) in the Wii, TEST, Disable the firewall options, TEST.

Ensure you 'save' your changes to your router after each change.

If it still does not work then try a 'reset to factory settings', Check to see what those settings are and then set-up the wii accordingly (dhcp or not etc)

Back