Routers

network key

I have a linksys router and after I turned the SSID on the Wii found it. It asked for the password (network key - 64 digits, which is what my laptop insists upon) but the Wii will only accept 63 digits!

ybbrro said:
I have a linksys router and after I turned the SSID on the Wii found it. It asked for the password (network key - 64 digits, which is what my laptop insists upon) but the Wii will only accept 63 digits!

Do you mean 64 bits? Even a 128-bit hexadecimal password has only 26 digits.

Hey all.

First post, I registered to share this info (and hang out).

Router: DLINK DI-640

The Wii likes: Open (no security), WPA-PSK TKIP, WPA-PSK AES.

The Wii dislikes: WEP (64 or 128)...I got intermittent connection failures while running WEP encryption.

I am currently running WPA-PSK AES because its the only mode that both my Wii and Belkin wireless USB adaptor on my PC like.

Hope this may help solve someone else's headache...took me about an hour to get it all resolved.

Chris.

p.s. - I had to upgrade my DLINK firmware before any WPA encryption modes would work correctly.

Hmph. I'm using a SpeedTouch 585, and it doesn't work!! I live in a flat with many people, and many have reccommended for me to use somebody elses conenction. And that is not possible either, as either the connection is too weak, or the connection is locked. :(

I have been wanting to change the 'Channel' but I'm not sure how to do that... :confused:

Thanks if you help me!!

Hmm, after todays firmware update Nintendo seems to have increased their router support.
All of a sudden I can connect wirelessly with my Belkin router which previously had been incompatable. I'm sticking with the LAN adapter since the connection speed is better, the Wii being at the ragged edge of our wifi network, but it's nice to know that my options have improved.:wink:

orange livebox?

i tried a wireless connection with an orange livebox inventel, i get the whole way till testing connection and then get error code 51330,plzzz help ps ive tried change channels from 1 to 11 with no joy and i dont need a firmware update:yikes:

2wire 2701hg....typed in the wireless # on the bottom of the router into the wii...and has worked like a charm ever since :)

OnPoint said:
linksys WRT54GS w/ speedbooster. works perfectly. :eek:

I'm using the linksys WRT54G no speed booster on this model. The Wii works great when setup for 802.11B using WEP security but will not allow a connection on 802.11G when using WPA security. My 360 and PS3 work better when my router is not in mixed mode so for now I guess I'll need to get the little USB network wired adaptor. Has anyone else connected on a G router not set for 802.11B...? If you did let me know make and model plus security mode your using.

( )11|3 said:
Where do you find the WEP key
Im getting sooooooo frusterated

If you don't no what WEP is most likely your trying to connect to somebodies private network. The WEP is setup by the person who setup the router. You can't find it because you shouldn't have it if the router is not yours. Unless your parents set it up then they should have the KEY code. So stop trying to use your neighbors internet. Any wifi device can see networks with in range but unless you have a KEY your not gettin in. :ciappa:

Does anyone know if this Router Works? I am planning to buy it to fit all my gaming needs =]
WRT330N.jpg

Could someone PLEASE help me! I have a Linksys WRT54G v6 and have been trying for THREE days to get my wi-fi to work with my wii. Called Nintendo and I get a different answer every time. They told me Norton doesn't work...so I uninstalled it and install AVG which they recommended...I even bought the USB connector because it was supposedly simpler and THAT DOESN'T WORK EITHER. It picks up my linksys but the connection fails EVERY TIME. I am about to hurl the stupid thing out the window. UGH! Please help me...I am technologically stupid!

I use the Linksys WRT54G router and it woks like a charm with no problems.

(EDIT): towmus call Linksys they will help you just dont loose it just yet. I have the same router I suggest upgrading the firmware of your WRT to version 8.

Last edited:
Back