Routers

Wrt54gs V2 4.71.1

Works! Needed to toggle between Mixed and G mode-only.
Current Configuration:
802.11G, WPA2-PSK, AES, CH11, SSID Broadcast on. Very frustrating but it finally worked, downloaded update, news, weather, etc. Wii seems to need a clean and strong signal.

just go buy a wii lan adapter or a wii wifi connecter. p.s dont get wifi connecter if u dont own microsoft computer

On Line Gaming Problems

Hi Gang,

We have an EHome EH100 router. All goes well with the connection testing etc. until we try to join a game. When we try to join, the internet connection drops. The computer makes note of a network connection being dropped.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks for your thoughts!

MAXCapicitor -- that thread did the trick. This router is similar. Here's what needed to be done. Go to the advanced setting tab for your router. Assign a specific IP on the router for the WII, UPnP + Gaming Mode should be disabled with absolutely no ports open.

This did the trick!!

Thanks!:yesnod:

magnuIVI said:
Hi Gang,

We have an EHome EH100 router. All goes well with the connection testing etc. until we try to join a game. When we try to join, the internet connection drops. The computer makes note of a network connection being dropped.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Router

Netgear WPN824v2 .. have tried several times but the Wii cannot sync up. I have turned off the firewall as recommended on Nintendo's site but to no avail .. yet.

i use the Netgear Me102 access point

its not really a router but if you have a dual mode cable modem ie. USB or eaithernet it works great...i use usb to my computer for my internet connection... i then share the connection with my eaithernet adapter on the computer which then goes to the Access point and broadcast through out the house... nice feature if you want to run a fast connection i turn my security off on the AP and my computers firewall blocks any intrusions into the network...

11meg wireless connection throughout the house... nice quick downloads on the wii and laptops...

Topher38 said:
how can i log into a router that i have no idea what the password is though? :wtf:

There's a little reset button on your router somewhere that you probably need a pen or something to push. Push that until you see lights flash, or all turn off and back on or something like that.

Belkin Wireless G Router Model #F5D7231-4

Worked flawlessly, although I am selling now because I changed to AT&T U-verse internet which comes with its own router.

I've just bought LINKSYS WAG200G-EU WIRELESS-G ADSL HOME GATEWAY (ADSL OVER PSTN) and it works great! I have both my PC and Wii connected, my PC downloads torrents and in the same time i surf via the Wii without delay!!

Back