Routers

Aris 54G* It works fine even the router is on the 2nd floor and the wii is on the 1st

*It is the default router given by a Cable company here in Mexico.

Netgear WGR614 V5

We just got our Wii a few weeks ago...

Messed around with this for hours-- detects my network but fails the internet connection test-- went to nintendos site-- no help-- did all there recommendations...

Disabled SPI Firewall, Firmware update, etc... same thing.

Finally tried this and it worked-- not sure if it was both or one or the other but it worked after doing both of these...

Login to the router--

1. On the left side of the screen down at the bottom select UPnP--

Click the box at top that says Turn on UPnP (universal Plug n Play)

Click Apply.

2. (I think this is the one that did it) While logged into the router.. On the left hand side under "Advanced"-- select "Wireless Settings"

Click-- "setup access list"... Click "add"

In the Device Name Field I put "Wii"-- can be any name.
In the MAC address Field I put the Mac address I found when messing around in the internet setup on the Wii... I'm not sure if the are all the same-- mine was 00:1c:be:a8:03:90 (the Wii shows the numbers with "-" not ":" use the colons ":" in the router-- then click "Add".

I did the internet test after and it worked...

I have since re-enabled my SPI Firewall and turned off the UPnP and it is still connecting just fine. Hope this helps someone.

Spuds

Last edited:
Hi, I have a zoom x6 wireless router but when I test connection I keep getting error code 51330, can anyone help?

WiFi connection with D-Link DIR-655 Router

Still can't connect to D-Link DIR-655 Router (b,g & N mode). Wii can't detect it as an access point? Error 50310

Checked channel is 13 but can't change this setting. My PS3 connects Ok w/o problem.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Netgear WGT624 Wireless.

Works great however needed to ensure that the Wii was added to the wireless network card access list via the admin router control panel (online).

Until I did this the Wii would let me access various online channels but would not let me connect to the shop channel or link my club nintendo account.

i have a linksys WRT54GC and it is pretty unstable... LOL

Topher38 said:
how can i log into a router that i have no idea what the password is though?

Most routers tend to have a default username and password tends to be:
Username: admin
Password: admin
*Still check the manufactures website and your manual.

Samus_Aran said:
Slow with default settings. Had to change frequency from 6 to 1.

Most routers selected frequency by default is 6. So yes it would help with reception if you and everyone around you aren't cluttering that frequency with so much chatter.

frankwhite said:
LINKSYS wrt54g Worked great out the box.
Would buy again.

Yes, for basic needs, also the capability of advanced tweaking settings and features. The WTR54G Is one of my personal favorites, and I recommend it for most.

miiwiiwii said:
just go buy a wii lan adapter or a wii wifi connecter. p.s dont get wifi connecter if u dont own microsoft computer

I would suggest This. This LAN adapter is "Truly" Plug N Play. Once you attach it to your console, the "Power" light will turn on. Attach a live Ethernet cable and "LAN" lights up. Then just set up a wired connect in your Wii settings menu and you're set. :thumbsup:

TP-Link Version WR541G/542G v4 0000000000

Works fine as wireless. Haven't encountered any problems as of yet.

ani05me said:
Still can't connect to D-Link DIR-655 Router (b,g & N mode). Wii can't detect it as an access point? Error 50310

Checked channel is 13 but can't change this setting. My PS3 connects Ok w/o problem.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

We're running a DIR-655 works outstanding. We're using it with WPA2 [AES] too with no problems (heard a few issues with folks using WEP/WPA/WPA2 with the Wii).

802.11 Mode: N and G
Auto Channel Scan
Tx Rate: Auto
Channel: 20MHz

(Visible with a renamed SSID)

Security Mode: WPA-Personal

WPA: Auto
Cipher: AES

Under Advanced-> Advanced Network: Disable IPnP

Under Advanced-> Advanced Wireless: Set RTS/Frag Thresholds to 2100
Under Advanced-> Advanced Wireless: Beacon: 80

Save/Reset as needed.

You should see the router from the Wii (just walk through the WPA config).

Back