Routers

3com Wireless Router

Unfortunately I reset without noting down my username and password but all is well now! Remember to clear any MAC filters or WEP security that you have in place first then re-add the addresses when your Nintendo is onboard.

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G with the HyperWRT firmware. I have the max connections set to 1x,xxx and the wireless channel set to "1".

I have a Linksys Wireless Access Point (WAP54G) connected to a Linksys Wired Router (BEFSR41). I have SSID (broadcasting off), MAC filtering and WPA (TKIP) on. I had to change the AP from 802.11 G only to Mixed (B & G).

Last edited:
DLink DI-624 Revision C w/ firmware 2.76.

Wii is wirelessly hooked up to it using WPA-PSK (TKIP) encryption, Super G only mode, assigned a specific IP on the router, UPnP + Gaming Mode disabled with absolutely no ports open.

Wii connects consistently online and router has been stable since I first set up the Wii to it (2 weeks ago). Surprisingly even when I've loaded the internet bandwidth with BitTorrent. Closing all open ports and turning both UPnP mode and Gaming mode off seems to be the best way to run this router for me. Any open port or UPnP enabled causes my router to reset on its own alot.

Netgear WGT624v3

I'm using a Netgear WGT624v3. It says my Wii's MAC code is invalid. It worked like a charm when I turned MAC filtering off and used a WPA passcode. I switched it to a WEP passcode and everytime I enter the correct new passcode , it says its an invalid passcode.

ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms said:
Get the Wii's mac code and enter it into your routers config. Then into your PC/Laptop

Toad, I'm not sure if your reply was to me. So if it was for me, that's where I'm getting the error. I log into my router and try to enter the Wii's MAC address and thats when it tells me its invalid.

I got a BELKIN FD57633-4A

Works like a charm :yesnod:

I got WEP Security enable with router, simply adding password or code for WEP into Connections settings or manual setup.

O ye if you have MAC Filtering enabled, you should add Wii MAC address

I'm using Netgear WGR614 802.11g Wireless Router and it's kinda crap because it can't really handle going through 3 walls so disconnects me now and then.

Back