Routers

WRT54G v5 by LINKSYS wireless it works perfect. All of my system is connected like psp, xbox 360, wii, laptop. I haven't connect my ps3 yet because i might return it i heard there's a lot of bug.

Anyway anyone wants to add me check my code on the left pm me if you added me so i can add you as well thanks.

I also have a Belkin Wireless G router and I don't think I have any problems. My router is the second one on the list at htttp://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWirelessRouterIncompatible.jsp

I had some updating issues where I would get an error (32004 I think). I changed the Wireless channel with no immediate effect. I powered off the Wii for a minute or so and powered it back on. It connected right away and downloaded the update.

I think it's working ok now, but it's being used solely as an access point. The router and firewall functions have been disabled because my DSL modem is providing those. I am considering segmenting my network, however, to place an older Linksys 802.11b AP with WEP on a separate network for my neices' Nintendo DSes. (WEP is too insecure.) Once I do that, the router capabilities will be enabled on the Belkin and I will post my results.

The only "problem" I have now is that the Wii Weather Channel data is usually a day old or updated at 6:00 AM each morning and no more for the rest of the day. So when I sit down at 6:00 PM after I get home from work, turn on the Wii, and see that the current temp was "last updated at 6:00 AM on 12/28," I'm not so impressed. I have seen videos on the web of the Wii Weather Channel and noticed the same thing, so I don't think it's specific to my Wii/router/internet connection.

Jerad

I have D-link 624 Rev.A.
The Wii can find my Wlan, but most of the time,the router disconects my Internet an hangs when the Wii connects.Then i need to reset the router and it takes forever to get connectet to my ISP.
I also have a notbook on the Wlan ,works good.
I tried cannel 1/6/11.With WEP,without WEP.sometimes it works,some not.
I'm getting a new Router. I don't like D-link anymore, too many problems,bad support.

Cu
Snake339

wiipulmk said:
Which one do you have? Can you post the exact model no.? I am having problems with WGR614v5. Connection test passes but update fails with error code 32004. Not sure if its a router problem or just nintendo website issue.

I had the same issue after performing one of my updates.

Try turning off the Connect24 service, deleting your wireless connection on the Wii, restart the Wii, then turn it off. Unplug the Wii unit from the wall. While the Wii is unplugged, unplug your router and dsl/cable modem, then wait 1 minute. Plug in your DSL/cable modem, wait 30 seconds. Plug in your router, and again wait 30 seconds. Now plug in your Wii, recreate your network settings, and test. Don't forget to enable your Connect24 service as well. Let us know what happens by responding to this post.

I have a Dlink DSL-G604T, it seems to be working fine, allthough i did have to do a firmware upgrade which for me is V2.00B07.AU_20060901, i did have B06 on it before and it wouldnt pick it up

Linksys model WAP11 doesnt even work when updating

Tails567 said:
Linksys model WAP11 doesnt even work when updating

I also have a WAP11 that I have setup for my nieces' Nintendo DSes. I tested it with my Wii and it works just fine.

Make sure you're running the latest firmware. Mine is a version 1 router, and I have the latest firmware, which is v2.05, Aug. 04, 2003. You should check at Linksys.com for updated firmware, making sure you get the right version of your router. It will say Version 2 or whatever it is on the bottom. If it doesn't say a version number on the router itself, then you have a version one like mine.

If that is your primary router, though, you should consider upgrading. This model is 3-5 years old. Get an 802.11g router. Look at sale ads from Best Buy, Office Max, Staples, Wal-Mart, etc. Or look online. I briefly scanned Wal-Mart and Newegg and didn't see any great deals, but keep looking.

speedtouchE62964, BOUGHT STANDARD NEVER CHANGED A THING, 1 usb AND 4 ETHERNET ON BACK ALSO WIRLESS, WORKES ON EVERY THING, MY BEDROOM IN MA BEDROOM (wirless), my sisters laptop (wirless, PS2(ethernet), downstairs pc(USB), nintendo wii (wirless), DS (wirless).

Back