Routers

two different ones, Linksys WRT54G (new router) Belkin (old router, gave to my sister, still use time by time)

Linksys-Worked off and on, kept getting connection errors, changed my broadcast channel to 1, worked better than expected

Belkin-Tried connecting to it, kept failing, saying it couldn't connect to the internet, looked at channels (was set at default, current channel 1)

(I have a problem with Belkin products, I can't stand anything under that name)

linksys wrt54g - out of the box firmware (going to upgrade tonight) - wep encrytion. Works like a charm!

ANEWmadrid said:
I have the Linksys WCG200 derivative from Comcast and it will not get my Wii online. The Wii recognizes my access point but wont connect after doing that connection test.
I had two Comcast people come out and they can't get it to work. Anyone else have this problem?
Try changing the wireless channel to 1, I had a whole bunch of connection errors before I changed my wireless channel (read my previous post), at first I thought that changing the wireless channel wouldn't do anything, even though I heard it from everywhere, I thought that I would do more damage to my wireless network than good, one time I decided to change it knowing that if there were a problem, I should be able to find a way to at least connect to the router to change settings back, after I made the change, it worked fine, and the rest of my network worked fine as well, for anybody who has a connection error and haven't tried that out yet, try it out, it might allow you to connect your Wii

Wrt54gc

I have a Linksys WRT54GC (I use NTL) router and it was a ***** to set up.

It found the network and tested ok but failed on updating.

I set the Channel to 1 and the Mode to B only and it worked. When the mode was mixed or G it didnt work!

scoobyjones said:
I have a Linksys WRT54GC (I use NTL) router and it was a ***** to set up.

It found the network and tested ok but failed on updating.

I set the Channel to 1 and the Mode to B only and it worked. When the mode was mixed or G it didnt work!

i have mine on mixed mode and channel 6...works good here

I have a U.S. Robotics 9108 and works perfect with my Wii, PSP and DS.:thumbsup:

I have a Netgear WG602 and my new Wii found it just fine, and was able to make a successful connection to it. The update went through just fine, but trying to go to the Wiishop has not worked yet, just sits at the "connecting" screen and won't go past it.

JoeTheZombie said:
Linksys WCG200 good to go!

That's very odd, on the official nintendo fourums there was a thread with hundreds of posts saying that it was humanly imposible to get a Wii working with a WCG200, oh and they also used comcast

csiguy4u said:
NETGEAR MR814V2 w/ latest firmware. Wii worked with it straight out of the box with no setting changes on the router or Wii.

got the same router.. i didnt have the updated firmware so it didnt work.. got the lastest firmware and works great now.

Various D-Link and Edimax wireless routers, all working fine on channel 1.

Belkin FSD8230-4 Version 1004
Comcast HSI running 10Mbps consistant

Basically plug and play unlike my PS3, I had to forward some TCP/UDP ports.

Bit more info on the PS3 problems please... hope to have one soon (not in Australia yet) and I have a belkin router
(Wii isn't happy with it either)

Back