Saftey online using opera browser?

Masaman

Jun 20, 2007
Is the wii opera browser safe for internet banking, paypal, online purchasing etc? My home PC has died so the wii has become only access point for a while. Bit wary thus far!

Thanks in advance.

lmaowned. I don't see why not but I personally wouldn't do any type of stuff like that since its a Wii, not an actual computer. But, on the other hand, if you have a secure network, with a WEP or WPA security system, it should be safe.

Technically it should be safer since the malicious software couldn't run on the Wii.

Problem is your bank website probably won't function. Not only would Opera be an unsupported browser but you are unable to use functions like Java.

My HSBC banking works fine, as does paypal. Just wasn't sure if it was 100% secure.
Thanks for response.

Good to know that Paypal works. How about Ebay? I buy most of my games on ebay with Buy Now since they are significantly cheaper than in store (got Big Brain Academy near the release date for about 30$ shipped)

Yea, ebay is fine too. A good hub of sites is wiigo.co.uk. I'll keep my fingers crossed all is safe online!
Cheers

I would make sure your wireless network has "YOUR" wep protection enabled. I don't suggest using your neighbors unprotected wireless connection to access your bank or online stores where you might input your credit card number. It is highly doubtful they have the knowledge to extract your information, but it's a risk none the less.

Back