SBB For Wii U/3DS

Just looked up mew2king. That guys a psychopath with mewtwo and he was A+ing a Falco player (One of Melees faster characters). Plus im learning so good combos and seeing he can grab OTG. Since his throws dont do much distance he can link em together which is cool.

But yes, I am a newbie to melee seeing I haven't played it in so long and I didn't even know about balance stuff like I do now. I couldn't afford a wii for a while so I was the only kid in school still playin melee in 07 on my GC. I was kinda pissed on that so I practiced hard and played alot of kids in my neighbor hood who stilled played melee (Kinda why I wasn't getting destroyed when I finally got brawl). Then in 08 I got a wii and brawl and haven't looked back at melee since until now.

Just looked up mew2king. That guys a psychopath with mewtwo and he was A+ing a Falco player (One of Melees faster characters). Plus im learning so good combos and seeing he can grab OTG. Since his throws dont do much distance he can link em together which is cool.

You need to find his recent ****, bro. His melee Sheik is regarded as one of the best in the world. His Marth also had it's payday a few years back, but nowadays when you see it in tourny play, M2K's Marth seems underwhelming, sadly.

... There aren't enough good Marth players anymore. =/ Falcon players as well. It's all Fox, Falco, and Sheik for ****'s sake. American metagames are always so ****ing consolidated... Meta and Snake prove this further in Brawl. =/

On that matter, Europe's metagame is ****ing intense for Brawl, man. N00bs can't tell whether it's something like Brawl + or not because they play to aggro (Brawl+ is a hack used to change Brawl's mechanics; it's like Melee but more balanced and every character is good; YES, EVEN BRAWL FALCON! Look it up on youtube, bros). Characters like Sheik and Wolf actually get surprising mileage in the Euro metagame. I believe they're both low tier ATM, and they're both aggro characters, so that should say somethin'. Snake and Meta are also rare in the European metagame for Brawl, which is even more fantastic. Americans don't have any ****in' respect when it comes to high-end, competitive gaming. :lol:

Ill look into Brawl+.

And yes the majority of the American competitive fighting game scene does not recognize Smash as a fighting franchise which is bull to me. The Brawl scene is viewed to them as either a bunch of 27 year old single man-children, or 13 year olds who play NOTHING but Smash. It pretty much got forced to go underground which sucks. Plus a lot of players in american brawl leagues are playing fixed matches now.

... There aren't enough good Marth players anymore. =/ Falcon players as well. It's all Fox, Falco, and Sheik for ****'s sake. American metagames are always so ****ing consolidated... Meta and Snake prove this further in Brawl. =/

I want Ken back. I miss his Marth dominance.
[video=youtube;MdRAx6Rc-OU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdRAx6Rc-OU[/video]
And i do know about brawl+. I don't care for it that much.

and i fully agree that the american brawl metagame is slow paced and full of campers. I wish some of the old pros. came back to melee or went to brawl

Last edited:
Brawl +? Believe it or not, I don't know much about it. XD

Hey, hey, heeeey.
Can't forget us Peach players. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill look into Brawl+.

And yes the majority of the American competitive fighting game scene does not recognize Smash as a fighting franchise which is bull to me. The Brawl scene is viewed to them as either a bunch of 27 year old single man-children, or 13 year olds who play NOTHING but Smash. It pretty much got forced to go underground which sucks. Plus a lot of players in american brawl leagues are playing fixed matches now.
Brawl leagues? Are my eyes screwed up, cause I always thought Korea was the only country with srs bsns gaming competitions.

Ken's playstyle is outdated anyways. It's obvious his innovation and raw skill would carry him far if he came back and could shake the rust, but he'd still need to adapt to succeed in the highest level of play.

... It would be epic to see 'em make a comeback, though...

Brawl +? Believe it or not, I don't know much about it. XD

If you have homebrew, it wouldn't hurt to take a look into it. It's essentially a hack that balances Brawl and makes it more fast paced. Increased hitstun so you can do ACTUAL combos, tech chases, etc. This also makes camping with projectiles or a Wall of Pain relatively obsolete in the game, so it's fast paced and more fun, IMO.

Not to mention Meta gets nerfed so he's not a broken characted. xD Probably the biggest selling point for me. I can play my main without hating myself. :lol:

There's also Brawl -, which takes the game and literally breaks it, lol. Every character is overpowered; all characters receive buffs (even Meta, but they're small), get crazy upgraded attacks or better attacks in general, and hitstun is absurdly long. It's basically for the lulz, it's not a fair game at all. But it's so ****ing fun. xD

Probably my favorite upgrade in Brawl - is Jigglypuff's shield gives off a huge explosion which usually kills when it breaks... Suicide bombing to the extreme. :lol:

'Course, if you don't have homebrew, forget everything you just heard.

Hey, hey, heeeey.
Can't forget us Peach players. ;)

True, true. Peach does have a place in Brawl and Melee's meta, she's just not as commonplace like Brawl's Meta Knight and Melee's Fox. Which is a good thing, as variety is the spice of life and games.

That is DEFINITELY not what I meant at all, lmao. I don't know where the hell you got that fixed match idea, either... Where the **** did all that come from bro? :lol:

My point was, Brawl's USA metagame is campy and Meta Knight-Snake centralized. The Euro metagame absolutely is not, it's aggro and at the very least, more diverse.

Ken's playstyle is outdated anyways. It's obvious his innovation and raw skill would carry him far if he came back and could shake the rust, but he'd still need to adapt to succeed in the highest level of play.

... It would be epic to see 'em make a comeback, though...

True, true. Peach does have a place in Brawl and Melee's meta, she's just not as commonplace like Brawl's Meta Knight and Melee's Fox. Which is a good thing, as variety is the spice of life and games.

That is DEFINITELY not what I meant at all, lmao. I don't know where the hell you got that fixed match idea, either... Where the **** did all that come from bro? :lol:

My point was, Brawl's USA metagame is campy and Meta Knight-Snake centralized. The Euro metagame absolutely is not, it's aggro and at the very least, more diverse.

Why can't USA be like Europe?
I say brawl to have fun and not just win. Those who Brawl to win use Meta Knight, Snake and infa chain grabbing Ice Climbers. I wish more people would play with characters they like and not just the broken ones. That is why tier lists are not that helpful. Yes, it shows who is good and all, but people get into the mind set that low tier characters are horrible. That is why I like watching Izaw. His Link and Wolf are very hard too beat, and Link is very low tier (the last time I checked). Ixis' bowser is also not that bad. If Americans stop looking at the tier list and start learning how to play low and mid tier, then that would make me a very happy person.

I wish some US pro would change the American Metagame by demolishing these meta knight and snake players with some low tier character.

Last edited:
Why can't USA be like Europe?
I say brawl to have fun and not just win. Those who Brawl to win use Meta Knight, Snake and infa chain grabbing Ice Climbers. I wish more people would play with characters they like and not just the broken ones. That is why tier lists are not that helpful. Yes, it shows who is good and all, but people get into the mind set that low tier characters are horrible.

Playing in tournies is Brawling to win money and fame, friend. :lol: You don't Brawl to have fun there, 'less competitive Brawling is your thing. Hence why people are there in the first place. Not everyone has the mindset "camping is boring, gay, and annoying", most of which are either hypocrites or competitive Brawlers.

Anyone who is absorbed by playing only good characters is garbage regardless, so unless you're garbage yourself, there's no need to worry about 'em. I enjoy crushing n00bs and making them regret snagging only top tier characters, honestly. :lol: Only good comes from the tier list, bro. Or at least, no evils that're very noticeable. =P

The reason the US metagame is the way it is isn't because people think all low-tier characters are ****, y'know. The original US metagame; before it was consolidated and the foundations of counter-mechanics and the like were consolidated; it was essentially the Euro metagame, just everyone was a n00b. Everyone used characters that appear almost never in either metagame. The tier list didn't exist since the beginning, after all.

I'd go into a long and probably multi-page discussion of how metagames are formed and why the US and Euro metagames are so different, but... yeah. I don't think anyone would read it. :lol:

Playing in tournies is Brawling to win money and fame, friend. :lol: You don't Brawl to have fun there, 'less competitive Brawling is your thing. Hence why people are there in the first place. Not everyone has the mindset "camping is boring, gay, and annoying", most of which are either hypocrites or competitive Brawlers.

Anyone who is absorbed by playing only good characters is garbage regardless, so unless you're garbage yourself, there's no need to worry about 'em. I enjoy crushing n00bs and making them regret snagging only top tier characters, honestly. :lol: Only good comes from the tier list, bro. Or at least, no evils that're very noticeable. =P

The reason the US metagame is the way it is isn't because people think all low-tier characters are ****, y'know. The original US metagame; before it was consolidated and the foundations of counter-mechanics and the like were consolidated; it was essentially the Euro metagame, just everyone was a n00b. Everyone used characters that appear almost never in either metagame. The tier list didn't exist since the beginning, after all.

I'd go into a long and probably multi-page discussion of how metagames are formed and why the US and Euro metagames are so different, but... yeah. I don't think anyone would read it. :lol:

I know "fortune and glory (who knows this quote)." No risk in playing low tier. But the low tier is not completely worthless. I just want to see pure skill instead of relying on top tier characters. you read my update on my last post right? I updated it right after i posted it. anyway i said that i like watching Izaw because he plays low and mid tier. He uses skill without camping the other guys butt off.

^^^ Yeah, I read your entire post bro.

People who're winning tournies aren't relying on the top tiers, lol. They're relying on skill. As I said, anyone who just picks up characters because they're a good character, and not because they're good with the character, is doomed to fail time and again, never getting past a noobish skill level.

Not to mention there are plenty of people who don't go Snake/Meta at tournies, they just don't get the spotlight because they rarely get to the finals. Anyone you see break out of the pools and into the brackets is winning because of skill.

For example, I have no gripes admitting that these often-tourny winning pros would own my Meta with Falcon, for ****'s sake. :lol: I'm skilled, but they're on an entire other level. Even if I have the best match-up in the game to aid me, (Meta v. Falcon is debated to be 90-10, obviously in Meta's favor) they'd still win, probably with relative ease.

Not that I'm disagreeing with pros picking rare characters and mixing things up, of course. I've been sick of seeing Melee Fox all over the place (especially Fox-Fox in doubles, ugh... ~_~) since '06 or maybe sooner, and Meta/Snake in Brawl are even more ubiquitous that it makes me sick, and I don't even watch the big Brawl tournies anymore. When someone skilled enough to break match ups out of their favor shows up and literally changes the metagame, I can assure you I'm cheerin' 'em on as well. :lol:

Oh, Gimpyfish... How we miss ya.

I like watching money matches, because low tier exists in it.
And yes pros do have skill i know that but combined with meta knight/snake AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Not cool.
Thanks for your input SSBfreakCK.

Actually theres a lot of under performance in some US tourneys around here

http://www.gytnews.com/articles/news-and-info/mew2king-suspended-1-month-after-second-penalty.html

(But whatever. I wont hold two guys accountable for the whole community)

One thing I notice in fighting game communities (and this is just speculation) is that lots people who are already skilled (not ALL) go for the top tier characters just to make it easier to win (NOT implying they're lazy) so as to have the most advantages (I.E Daigo going for Yun in SSFIVAE and Justin Wong using Kung Lao in Mortal Kombat). When they Combine their skill with the best characters they result in a forced to be reckoned with. With that, People who like to do as the better players do also decide to main those top tier players and thats why we see so many of certain players in certain games.

Man, the starter roster in melee is not fun at all. I gotta unlock more people.....

Nintendo needs to man up and add serious characters. Keep Snake, he my fav. brawler anyway. Sonic was ok, but im still waitin on Shadow to join the fight; heck u can even add Knuckles and Silva too.

Upgrade Custom Stage Creater!!
More backgrounds, add water/lava ability, more platform designs.

Brawl had 35 brawlers so im guessing the new SSB will hav around 30 to 50 characters if we'er lucky.

They should add...
Character Creation (CC) Mode!!
1.Change Look (height, weight, skin color, etc.)
2.Change Clothes (shirt, pants, shoes, etc.)
3.Custom character Voice
4.Adjust Atk. Def. Spd. and Jump height for character
5.Final Smash (FS) Creation for your character

Plus you should b able 2 unlock more items for ur CC as u go through the SSB storys aka Adventure Mode and Classic Mode.

New Brawl Modes:
1.Six Man Brawl Fest
2.Three On Three
3.Two/Three Man Tag Tourneys

Last thing I wanna Discuss....
Final Smash Stock Up/ Lvl Upgrade: Basically When u get the Smash Ball u should be able to store it, u know save it 4 later, and wait 4 the next smashball to appear. Smash that 1 too ull then get a lvl 2, store it. U can store it up to 3 times (lvl 3). Every lvl increases ur FS's Range and Power.

Ive been thinking about these game ideas since i first got brawl. Although half this stuff probably wont b n the next game, i just wanted 2 share my ideas. C u guys later. :)

Last edited:
Back