Scary Video Game Moments

D1nner said:
Resident Evil 1

The very first time I played Resident Evil 1, when Jill walks around the corner and the Dogs burst through the Window. (Mind you, the horror genre was just reaching its full potential at this time) and I distinctly recall my friend and I yelling "OH ****!!"

ahaha, same thing happen to me. I was just casually walking and since i had already bee through that hall I wasn't expecting anything and the all you hear is glass shatter and dogs coming after you.

But probably the most scariest game is Doom 3 on xbox. They made FPS+Horror actually work. With the use of flash lights and making monsters pop up in front of you or behind you.

that scare maze isnt scary I just did it and I wasnt scared at all... but I did know how scary it was... ill try it on my sis bwahahahha

Metroid Prime

I remember walking in this dark area (I think it was near the end when you're walking towards that humungormous boss), and everything was silent.. all I could hear were Samuses footsteps. I kept walking.. and then suddenly a bug thing popped out of the ground and screeched at the screen.

It was horrifying. It's something you have to experience to know how scary it really is.

No, really.

I'm serious.

And I'm not scared easily, either

I looked like my icon
<-----------

Last edited:
Okay, So, Me and a couple of my friends were on staff at scout camp.

Now, the staff cabins had electricity (Since we were committed for like four months) and we could bring down things like TV's and Video Game systems.

We'd been playing Resident Evil 2 (brand new then) since just after dinner, until just before campfire time.
Then we had to walk about a mile and a half, in the pitch dark, through the woods. Needless to say, we were a bit paranoid.

I just experienced my first regenerator about 5 minutes ago.

The scary part subsided to frustration once I realized how ridiculously unfair the fight was. Not only did nothing faze him, but he is faster than me, and I wasn't always given the oppurtunity to dodge, so I couldn't run away.

NOT FAIR.

Wait it's your first one?
so you haven't gotten the scope yet? I believe you have to avoid that one, since you are way outmatched without the thermal scope.Hope you have a sniper!

Speaking of RE4 not only do those regeneraters freak me out a little, but it's the Iron maidens!
Those things are creepy!

Last edited:
for me...every part of silent hill....from 1 to 3

here are some Resident evil 4....lol...scary moments

Top 5 scary moments in Resident evil 4
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YPW0HUpM1I[/media]

Scarest moment of all time in resident evil 4
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU2HSKt_SrY[/media]

as 4 me it would have to be resident evil games, silent hill, parasite eve, and house of the dead. neva really understood why my bros. used to wait so late to play them while i was in the room. All i used to hear was OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH _______, AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH AND YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT WAS CRAZZZZZZZZZZY. i used to be so afraid to go to the bathroom even though they were still in the room.

When I was like 11, and playing windwaker, and the lights were off and I was home alone (You know the deal) and those freakin' giant squids randomly came up and the sea turned all freakin stormy really fast, I quickly paused, dropped my controller and ran... lol...

And also that year, I was playing Metroid Prime 1, home alone n stuff, theres like complete silence at this one part, and you walk down a path, and suddenly this one enemy screams at you, freakin scary... bad year for me lolz...

But no video game scares recently.. maybe I should pick up Resident evil.

bioshock had some good ones that made me jump. ummm... colenel campbell flipping out in MGS2 freaked me out. OH and when in portal you fight GLaDOS and there's those images that just flash through of random things and AHHHHHHHHH so FREAKY!!! when the dog from resident evil jumps through the window randomly as you walk down the hallway. as a kid the intro movie to mischeif makers scared me for some reason idk why. the final level of half life 1 when g man is talking to you and says "time to choose" is CREEPY!!! when the computer turns on you in system shock two is also really creepy (anything where a computer turns on you creeps me out which is why i enjoyed portals writing so much). phoenix wright makes me tingle sometimes in my legs its so intense and at times scary. RE 4 didn't creep me out too much, but the part when leon zooms in on the two men being dumped in teh river is pretty creepy, and the part in the science lab with the regenerator is teh scarez.

Back