SD Card Sizes...

ocdan

Pastafarian
Oct 16, 2006
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
What size do you use, if you use one that is...
Right now I have a 128MB that I only use for tracks on Excite Truck, but Im looking to pick up the 1Gb Wii SD soon, for future reference.... what sizes do you use/prefer?

Don't even bother with the Nintendo licensed SD Cards, any of them work however the SDHC don't. You are paying like an extra 10 bucks just for the Nintendo name on the Wii SD cards. Personally I'm getting a 2GB one for about 26 bucks from newegg.com

Yeah what he said.

And they do have 4g ones now too for like $99 and 8g on its way.

but you gotta think, will all that space really be neccesary? I probly figure after a while of having games Ill probly get rid of a few and just erase the old data... or do you all use them for other use besides the wii?

could anyone give me an estaimte of how much each save data takes? cause even 2gb sounds like a lot for saves

intekmdma said:
could anyone give me an estaimte of how much each save data takes? cause even 2gb sounds like a lot for saves

If you are just worried about saves, then 2gb should be enough for tons.

If you want it for VC games, well 2gb will hold probably all vc games out in the next 12 months. if not more.

doesn't matter what the capacity is since all sd cards are same size, it will read it. i have a 4gb

I'm pretty sure it just says up to 2gb because 4gb sd cards weren't readily available on the market when the wii was being developed.

Back