SD Card Sizes...

do you know exactly how much stored memory there is in the wiimote? Just wondering, couldn't really find any technical specs on the wii

The 4g should work, I see no reason why they wouldn't. But as of right now its not very usesful.

intekmdma said:
do you know exactly how much stored memory there is in the wiimote? Just wondering, couldn't really find any technical specs on the wii

IGN: IGN's Nintendo Wii FAQ

The Wiimote has 4KB of non-volatile memory.

As far as max memory size of the SD cards.
They mention 8GB is possible and even Hard Drive support via USB.
Taken directly from that page...
Q: 512 megabytes doesn't seem like much. Do Wii owners have any other storage options?

A: Yes. Wii owners can expand the system's storage capacity by plugging in a separately sold SD memory card. SD memory cards currently enable up to 8 gigabytes of storage - about 15 times the storage capacity of Wii's internal flash RAM and almost half that of an Xbox 360's 20 gigabyte hard drive. 8 gigabyte SD cards currently retail for about $270 and will see dramatic price reductions during Wii's life cycle.

Nintendo has also hinted that Wii owners may be able to connect a USB-powered external hard drive to Wii, although it has never officially announced compatibility. Supposing this does turn out to be true, an exciting number of storage options become available. Currently, a 100 gigabyte external USB hard drive retails for fewer than $100 on the market - and like SD cards - the cost will continue to decrease.

anyone know if microSD cards like cell phones have will work? not sure if there is a diff but there seems to be a size change?

id like to use the songs/photos if i got a new phone, my plan renews soon.

Seibar said:
anyone know if microSD cards like cell phones have will work? not sure if there is a diff but there seems to be a size change?

id like to use the songs/photos if i got a new phone, my plan renews soon.

you can use them you just have to have a MINISD->SD card adapter, mine came with the card when i bought it i thought they all did, but good thing i got it, heh

komio said:
you can use them you just have to have a MINISD->SD card adapter, mine came with the card when i bought it i thought they all did, but good thing i got it, heh
:thumbsup: cool. i'll make sure the one i get does.
thanks.

LESLIEx317537 said:
IGN: IGN's Nintendo Wii FAQ

The Wiimote has 4KB of non-volatile memory.

As far as max memory size of the SD cards.
They mention 8GB is possible and even Hard Drive support via USB.
Taken directly from that page...
Q: 512 megabytes doesn't seem like much. Do Wii owners have any other storage options?

A: Yes. Wii owners can expand the system's storage capacity by plugging in a separately sold SD memory card. SD memory cards currently enable up to 8 gigabytes of storage - about 15 times the storage capacity of Wii's internal flash RAM and almost half that of an Xbox 360's 20 gigabyte hard drive. 8 gigabyte SD cards currently retail for about $270 and will see dramatic price reductions during Wii's life cycle.

Nintendo has also hinted that Wii owners may be able to connect a USB-powered external hard drive to Wii, although it has never officially announced compatibility. Supposing this does turn out to be true, an exciting number of storage options become available. Currently, a 100 gigabyte external USB hard drive retails for fewer than $100 on the market - and like SD cards - the cost will continue to decrease.

thanks for the Hard facts. I have a hard time looking up specs for the wii. don't know why? BTW: You've been added to my mii!

While we're off-topic, I'm driving your car's great-granddad. 1984 Rabbit convertible. Gotta love those VWs.

Back