SD Card

obviously he has no idea the wii had usb ports so I figured a picture was easier for him to understand. I wonder if he noticed them when he first hooked the system up since you have to look at the back of the wii to plug things in.

Update your saved Games

I haven't seen any address any problems with updating their backups once they are already on the SD card, so maybe I'm having a technical problem with my Wii, but I am unable to overwrite existing backups with newer copies. For example, I saved a backup of my Twilight Princess on Monday and copied it to my SD card. Then on Tuesday I tried to repeat the same steps but I received an error message indicating that "a save for this game already exists." Am I to understand that I must first delete my SD backups before I can move a newer copy of the same game to the memory card. That seems a bit unecessary. Or, is it possible that once a copy is made to the SD card, that the wii will always associate those copies and keep them current?

Thanks

My guess is the prior. The Wii data management is lacking in many ways sp I doubt there is any sort of intelligence.

It bugs me that games cant save or read directly from the SD card. It is as if Nintendo forgot that people want to take saves with them. Forcing me to go though all this copy/delete crap is just bad interface design.

The really stupid part is that the old GC memory cards were SD cards internally! You can create your own GC to SD adapter with a soldering iron and some wires (for reading at least). In other words the Wii is a step BACKWARDS from the GC :wtf:

ciper said:
My guess is the prior. The Wii data management is lacking in many ways sp I doubt there is any sort of intelligence.

It bugs me that games cant save or read directly from the SD card. It is as if Nintendo forgot that people want to take saves with them. Forcing me to go though all this copy/delete crap is just bad interface design.

The really stupid part is that the old GC memory cards were SD cards internally! You can create your own GC to SD adapter with a soldering iron and some wires (for reading at least). In other words the Wii is a step BACKWARDS from the GC :wtf:

Yes, you have to erase the file from the SD card and then copy the new one save file on to the SD. It cant overwrite. It's written somewhere on the support site, but I dont feel like finding it right now...
And as for the step backwards... I dont really think so, I think its a step forward. As a matter of fact, making the GC memory cards different from SD cards in the first place was a mistake. They shoulda just used SD cards, why make your own proprietary memory card, and cause trouble? Here Nintendo coulda taken a hint from the stupid PS and its use of the MemoryStick Duo sh**. True, its proprietary, but its also widely available on other products and card readers are also widely available... Anyway, using SD cards is one step closer to that goal, though there are still many limitations...

ciper said:
One step forward and one step back.
+1 They adopted a standard
-1 YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY SAVE TO IT :scared:

I am sure the reason for it might have something to do with a future HD via USB. Maybe the SD cards will get an update and be primarily for moving from one Wii to another in the future and have direct save capabilities.

lilg said:
img_1090_ultra_ii_4gb_2.jpg

this looks pretty good

and SANDISK definetly works
sandisk-wii-sd.jpg

ok this is what i want where can i get this

Alkaline said:
Can you backup data on the SD card?

I want to have a backup of my Zelda data.
Yes, you can backup your save on an SD card, through the Data Management menus. But you wont be able to do anything with it on a PC. You'll only be able to keep it on the SD card, and if needed copy it back to the Wii, i.e. exactly what you want to do=>backing up.

might as well get the 2gig SD card....its not gunna be that much more than a 1gig card :)

Alkaline said:
So you can't have the data on the Wii AND the SD card at the same time?

You can only copy it over to one at a time?

You can have it on both at the same time. But you have to copy it from your Wii to the SD card everytime in order to keep it up-to-date. It wont automatically synchronize the files for you. When you save in the game, it'll save on the Wii's memory, then afterwards you have to copy it from the Wii to the SD card.

only 100 miis possible?

i bought an 2.0GB sd card. and i wanted to know if u have an sd card will it make u have more miis? really i only bought the memory for the miis. and i read the book and it said that the console can only have 100 miis for the mii plaza.

can anybody tell me if u can put more than a 100 miis and how to do it.
thank you :)

Back