Sd Card

striker525

Wii Chat Member
Oct 21, 2007
SOCAL
Wii Online Code
6066-9644-1483-5504
Don't have one yet, but considering on getting a 2GB one. Is that more than enough or going bigger should do the job? By the way, what brand of SD cards are best? By getting the Nintendo based SD card, how will it perform against the other brands?

I got a 1 GB san disk or whatever, its fine, I got no games that have custom soundtracks, and i never use the pohto channel. buy based on your camera usage, not wii usage

hmm...is that right? does this mean that the Wii's console memory is enough to store saved games and such and the SD cards are just for backup so to speak? I've heard some people with 4GB cards. to me that seems like it's waaay more than enough.

striker525 said:
Don't have one yet, but considering on getting a 2GB one. Is that more than enough or going bigger should do the job? By the way, what brand of SD cards are best? By getting the Nintendo based SD card, how will it perform against the other brands?

The Nintendo ones are just a way for Nintendo to try and squeeze more cash from wii owners. They are way too expensive.

I recomend amazon.com

There are some great 2GB ones there. Make sure you don't spend more than about $12 per gigabyte.

Chewtoy said:
I have a 1G and have yet to use it....

that means you store all your saved games and what not into the Wii's memory?

The only thing you should use it for is for music and videos. I have mine filled with Southpark episodes so I can watch them on my tv :lol:

striker525 said:
that means you store all your saved games and what not into the Wii's memory?
Yeah I think I have used maybe half of the built in memory at this point, and I have like 16 VC games and all of the channels, plus about 10 Mii's and regular game saves from Zelda, GodFather, and Excite truck.

striker525 said:
Uhh that "Nintendo" brand is actually made by Sandisk. It is a terrible waste of money. It is exactly the same as any other SD card only it costs more.

The only people who buy Nintendo ones are people who are not aware that you can use any SD card. They are just repackaged and generic SD cards with a triple price markup.

Don't waste money on the premium ones. The Wii even works with any other card within an SD adapter. I just wish that it wasn't capped at 2GB.

Master Foot said:
Don't waste money on the premium ones. The Wii even works with any other card within an SD adapter. I just wish that it wasn't capped at 2GB.

The cap is a software limitation, not a hardware limitation. Therefore, they may choose to enable bigger SD cards with future updates.

Back