Seekers of the Lost Treasure - RP Sign Up Thread

Very excited to begin.
Also, I'm planning out my second character, but I'm wondering: Can I sign her up after the story begins? I don't want to miss a deadline or something.

Ehhhhh, sure why not. As long as it's early into the RP.

Okay, I decided to take on the reserved character.

Name: Hecor D. Phillps (A.K.A. Philly)
Race: White/Caucasian
Appearance: Philly is an older gentelmen, gray hair and all, who comes to about 5'11. His hair is combed back and he has a moustache... on his upper lip ofcoarse. He has blue eyes and a slightly wrinkled face, but not by much. He's not very athletic looking, he's a bit chubby but not down right fat. His usual appearal consists of sandals, khaki shorts, and a short sleeved button up shirt, sometimes a hawaiian shirt.
Biography: Back in the day, Hector was a young, courages thrill seeker. He and his friend/buisness partner Jonathan Bodine, grandfather of Brandon Bodine, would explore the world in their early 20s'. Jonathan had a big taste for adventure, and Hector had a big taste for money. They both satisfied those taste by their adventurous life as treasure hunters. This lead them all around the world. Later, after they have found wealth from their past adventures and retirement was the next step, Jonathan wanted his career as a treasure hunter to go out with a bang. He sought to find "The Big One", the treasure of all treasure. The Idol of the Gods. An ancient statue said to give it's owner everlasting life. The fact that it was encrusted with gold, silver, and diamonds was a perk too. Hector told Jonathan not to chase fairy tales, but he knew Jonathan wouldn't listen. Jonathan went out on his own... and was never seen from again. Years later Hector still feels the guilt looming over his head. He feels he should have done more to stop Jonathan.
Hector started to attempt to invest more, trying to make money in other ways, which has now lead him to debt. One big problem with this debt, is it's origin. He made a few bad deals with the infamous Investors crime syndicate and now owes them a large sum of money. Thus he comes out of retirement, and enters treasure hunting again with the grandson of his long lost friend. He notices Brandon is much like his granfather before him. Courageous, smart, clever, and just as big of a smart-ass like his grandfather which leads to some comedic arguments. After 5 short years of little-to-no success in treasure hunting, Hector feels the Investors will soon be looking for him. So he sees no other choice, but to find that which his old friend never could, the Idol of the Gods, in hopes that such a find will be plenty enough to pay off his debt and get "The Bear" off his back for good.

hmmm if you want a treasure, i know its been done to death, i would have to say excalibur. Just because im from the uk, i sort of have to.

What i suggest is that you do a selection of famouse treasures. These treasures can then all tie together some how to lead to somthing bigger. Thats my sugestion.

hmmm if you want a treasure, i know its been done to death, i would have to say excalibur. Just because im from the uk, i sort of have to.

What i suggest is that you do a selection of famouse treasures. These treasures can then all tie together some how to lead to somthing bigger. Thats my sugestion.
lol thanks Bayne but it's in my latest SU. Excalibur is a good choice though, sequel material maybe? :lol:

I agree with Bayne. Maybe a collection of the World's greatest treasures in spread out locations. This could make a sort of twist on the story, with each treasure holding a clue to "The Big One".

I'm considering...

Wow, that sounds weird if you end with considering [/pointless]

I agree with Bayne. Maybe a collection of the World's greatest treasures in spread out locations. This could make a sort of twist on the story, with each treasure holding a clue to "The Big One".

I think that's a good idea. I'm acutely thinking about ideas myself.

Eh, That would just take away from the glamour of finding a long lost artifact. I mean think about it, if you could find those multiple treasures in the length of time of this RP then what's the reason they're still there if they're so easy to obtain? But I see where you guys are going. I'm guessing you're worried it'll be a straight shot to the treasure right. Well I already planned to keep it from being like that. It hasn't been found for a reason. The thing's damn hard to find. It'll require going to multiple locations (In the world) to either find it's not there, or gain more information on its location. So I guess technically, it's the same basic principle, but you're not finding treasures with each trip, just clues or information. That sound okay?

Yea, a culmination of all the worlds greatest treasures. I think that would be much more intricate and spread out than focusing on one treasure. And, it will make the RP much more fun.

EDIT: Ehhh.... that sounds god, but that also sounds waaaaaay to much Indiana Jones style.

Was that post before or after mine?

Well, it's up to us to keep it original then, eh? Sure it's inspired by Indy, Tomb Raider, Uncharted type stuff but I don't want a complete rip-off on my hands.

Yea, that was the only reason I was leaning towards the culmination of many treasures. Then again, that kinda takes a bit from National Treasure (Number 2 sucked...)

As long as we can keep it filled with Side quests and important changes, it should be fine. An RP should nt consist of just one goal.

Back