Serious advice needed!!!!!!!!!

Mike Rochtinks said:

your 26 and your parents are telling you what to do? and on top of that you can't afford it? Im 22 goto school full time and work, and I can manage to own one.

callme.nasty said:
and yeah paintballer, think of the inheritance.
Ya I just don't know if I'll live to see it with all the other things inherit from my family. I don't have very good chances since I just found out today that I already have arthritis at age 15 and ere are many bad things I could get from my family. Most of my family is extremely fat and I'm pretty sure I already got that, there is lots of cancer and heart attacks, blood clots, ect. I will probably have all those things too.

Mau said:
man seriously, the best thing for you is not getting a wii, your priority should be think what are you going to do with your life and find a job and try to move out man..... grow up man!

I haven't read all the other posts yet so bare with me I will change it when I get there if nesissary.

I completely agree. Your parents are right..only they actually should have said it's a waist of your life...not money. You are right that it isn't a waist of money but seriously...you should really think about what matters more to you, your life as it is right now or your life as it could be. You are 26...half the people I know at that age are married and starting on their families. I am curious to hear why yours didn't work out...but guessing from this post I think I already know. Just because you didn't graduate from high school doesn't mean you can't still go back and get your GED. Your parents must be really dissapointed in you. I personally don't think you even deserve a Wii.

Last edited:
Mike Rochtinks said:
I appreciate the attempted pep-talk, but a little history if you don't mind........

I was married at 22, kid at 22-1/2, wife left me with the kid and i moved back with my parents since, have not been able to get back on my feet since. I wish it was that easy. Now, please, a little help?

hold on so you have a child and don't want a job...dude what is your problem, forget getting a Wii how the hell are you taking care of a child?? Your sad....

So I haven't seen an answer to whether or not he has ever held a job.

If your parents pay your child support that is pathetic.

If you say you have been through alot, and apparently you don't like your parents then jail might be a better place for you. So go ahead and steal your Wii. I have been there and honestly I would rather be starving on the street corner than be in jail.

My parents aren't strapped for cash, and I don't have any bills. I still have a job, make $8.75/hour, and 35+ hours/week. They have told me that if I am in college I won't need to have a job that they will give me spending money. Although that sounds like a sweet deal I enjoy working more than I enjoy going to college. I had no job and went to school for almost a year and hated it.

I will tell you what I tell bums that ask me for money...If you can ask me for help then you can ask McDonalds for an application. The McD's here start at $7/hour, and the cost of living here is one of the lowest. You may be flipping burgers, but you will be able to come home to a Wii.

If you truly are a 26 y/o with no job, no education, and a kid in which you do not pay child support then will you please give us an idea of what a typical day in your life consists of?

Jorge said:
So I haven't seen an answer to whether or not he has ever held a job.

If your parents pay your child support that is pathetic.

If you say you have been through alot, and apparently you don't like your parents then jail might be a better place for you. So go ahead and steal your Wii. I have been there and honestly I would rather be starving on the street corner than be in jail.

My parents aren't strapped for cash, and I don't have any bills. I still have a job, make $8.75/hour, and 35+ hours/week. They have told me that if I am in college I won't need to have a job that they will give me spending money. Although that sounds like a sweet deal I enjoy working more than I enjoy going to college. I had no job and went to school for almost a year and hated it.

I will tell you what I tell bums that ask me for money...If you can ask me for help then you can ask McDonalds for an application. The McD's here start at $7/hour, and the cost of living here is one of the lowest. You may be flipping burgers, but you will be able to come home to a Wii.

If you truly are a 26 y/o with no job, no education, and a kid in which you do not pay child support then will you please give us an idea of what a typical day in your life consists of?

Well, a typical day for me consists of getting up around 8 or 9 in the morning usually, depending on how i'm feeling. I eat some cereal, then take a nap, wake up around 10 ish and play my f'ing SEGA. Time for mom to make lunch. Surf the internet for a while, maybe play some basketball for a while or ride my go carts around. Play some more SEGA. All the while feeling quite depressed regarding my current situation.

For all you people telling me to get a job, i don't think so. I have millions of dollars in a trust fund that my parents just won't release to me right now. They're being completely unreasonable about the situation and it really pisses me off. As for the kid whos dad makes 230k.... HAHAHAHA! That's nothing, it doesn't' count til its millions.

Alright, enough of this, lets get back to the original task at hand, and find a way to get me a Wii. The GED thing fell through last night after a prolonged fight with my mother.

Trust me, i love my parents and all that they've done for me, but they are being totally unreasonable.

Mike Rochtinks said:
Well, a typical day for me consists of getting up around 8 or 9 in the morning usually, depending on how i'm feeling. I eat some cereal, then take a nap, wake up around 10 ish and play my f'ing SEGA. Time for mom to make lunch. Surf the internet for a while, maybe play some basketball for a while or ride my go carts around. Play some more SEGA. All the while feeling quite depressed regarding my current situation.

For all you people telling me to get a job, i don't think so. I have millions of dollars in a trust fund that my parents just won't release to me right now. They're being completely unreasonable about the situation and it really pisses me off. As for the kid whos dad makes 230k.... HAHAHAHA! That's nothing, it doesn't' count til its millions.

Alright, enough of this, lets get back to the original task at hand, and find a way to get me a Wii. The GED thing fell through last night after a prolonged fight with my mother.

Trust me, i love my parents and all that they've done for me, but they are being totally unreasonable.

Ok If you have a trust fund that is worth millions of dollars at the age of 25 it is legally yours so if you are telling the truth the money is yours as soon as your turn 25. Your 26? Go to the bank if the money is in your name you can withdraw on it.

thank you for telling me my business, however, that is not the case. The money is set aside for me, not technically in my name. It has been set aside for my brothers and sister as well, and they've received theirs. As for now, it sits in mutual funds, which isn't all bad. I use the term trust fund lightly......
thanks for the thought though.

What game should i get first when i finally get this wii?

Are you serious?

Something about how i don't' have my life together and i need a job or go to school, blah blah blah. Basically, you guys sound like they do. I wouldn't say we're on the best terms right now.

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you shouldn't buy a Wii. Maybe you should ask your parents to give you money so you can go to school and help yourself out.

Mike Rochtinks said:
Are you serious?

Something about how i don't' have my life together and i need a job or go to school, blah blah blah. Basically, you guys sound like they do. I wouldn't say we're on the best terms right now.
It seems obvious what you need to do then, it also seems obvious you're just bone idle. If you can't be bothered to get your (alleged) millions by getting a simple job in McDonalds or getting an education then there's no helping you.:mad2:

Back