should eggman join the brawl?

Shoko said:
One word (or game): Super Mario Bros 2. She fought in that game. AGAIN, for the 3rd time, think before you post.
Correction. She jumped.
Ice Climbers jumped as well.

Look, if Olimar can 'fight' than Robotnick can 'fight'. I'm not saying it'll happen, because I don't think it will.

But I don't think he can't, I just think he won't.

Stop being so closed minded... =.='`

Shoko said:
One word (or game): Super Mario Bros 2. She fought in that game. AGAIN, for the 3rd time, think before you post.

You really need to chill out. Whenever someone brings up the question of someone joining Brawl, you jump all over them. Zelda never technically fought herself, yet she was in Melee. Dr. Mario never fought, he was in Melee as well. Come on man, no need to be picky about the Olimar thing, sure he uses his pikmin to attack..but Sakurai made up a way to have Olimar in there fighting. Sakurai has proven to be quite imaginative, and I'm sure he could think up a moveset for Robotnik. For his attacks he could use a variety of his inventions or robots somehow, with a few kicks and punches thrown in. Or whatever. Point is, it could be done. But should it? It wouldn't bother me if he was added, Sonic being in Brawl has now left the door wide open for characters. But personally I don't think he will be included, not this time around anyways.

islandvic said:
You really need to chill out. Whenever someone brings up the question of someone joining Brawl, you jump all over them.

I do? Really? Name a time I did that. Stop acting like you know me. And I can't calm down if I'm not mad. Even if I did jump on people, it's completely understandable considering the fact that people make dumb character suggestions, which you gotta admit, is true.

islandvic said:
Zelda never technically fought herself, yet she was in Melee. Dr. Mario never fought, he was in Melee as well.

Zelda used magic. So if she uses magic, then you can easily turn her into a fighter. Plus, at the end of Wind Waker, she helps you figh Ganondorf. Your not thinking either. So your wrong, Zelda is a fighter. HECK, she was about to fight Zant in TP. She had a sword in her hand!

islandvic said:
Come on man, no need to be picky about the Olimar thing, sure he uses his pikmin to attack..but Sakurai made up a way to have Olimar in there fighting.

I said nothing wrong when I was talking about Olimar. He said Olimar fights, but I said he dosen't because he Pikmin do, and that's just the truth.

Dkw0101 said:
if eggman isn't a fighter, explain me this, in sonic who is usually the boss at then end of those stages eggamn, I know he's in some type a mechanic thing but he's still fighting, those would be his special moves, so think befor you post. and mario 2 shouldn't count as a mario game anyway. it's doke doke panic.
Why shouldn't Mario 2 count? It's a game from the main mario series. There's no reason for it not to count, and what you said about it was completely opinionated. And I notice how you don't respond to my counter arguements- you just go on and say something else.....

So your saying he could be in Brawl inside some big machinery? AGAIN, for the 4th time, think before you post. Look, he does the same thing over and over again in every fight, and most of the time, he'd just shoot at you. If he was in Brawl, his special moves would be

B: Shoot
Over-B: Shoot
Up-B: Hover upward (which would just be stupid)
Down-B: Shoot

All he does is SHOOT. Plus, if he was in one of his little floaty machines, he would be able to just float to the top of the screen and let everyone else kill themselves. He wouldn't need to jump, and jumping is a big factor in smash bros. I have countered every single post you have said. Just stop now.

Last edited:
1-mario 2 doesn't count cuz it's not the real super mario bros 2. it's really called doke doke panic, the real mario brothers 2 is the lost levels.

and look at diddy kong, all he does is shoot and hover. and as the others said, they'd be able to find a way to use him.

Shoko said:
^'m not hyped. How can I calm down if I'm not angry?

Why shouldn't Mario 2 count? It's a game from the main mario series. There's no reason for it not to count, and what you said about it was completely opinionated. And I notice how you don't respond to my counter arguements- you just go on and say something else.....

So your saying he could be in Brawl inside some big machinery? AGAIN, for the 4th time, think before you post. Look, he does the same thing over and over again in every fight, and most of the time, he'd just shoot at you. If he was in Brawl, his special moves would be

B: Shoot
Over-B: Shoot
Up-B: Hover upward (which would just be stupid)
Down-B: Shoot

All he does is SHOOT. Plus, if he was in one of his little floaty machines, he would be able to just float to the top of the screen and let everyone else kill themselves. He wouldn't need to jump, and jumping is a big factor in smash bros. I have countered every single post you have said. Just stop now.

islandvic said:
You really need to chill out. Whenever someone brings up the question of someone joining Brawl, you jump all over them. Zelda never technically fought herself, yet she was in Melee. Dr. Mario never fought, he was in Melee as well. Come on man, no need to be picky about the Olimar thing, sure he uses his pikmin to attack..but Sakurai made up a way to have Olimar in there fighting. Sakurai has proven to be quite imaginative, and I'm sure he could think up a moveset for Robotnik. For his attacks he could use a variety of his inventions or robots somehow, with a few kicks and punches thrown in. Or whatever. Point is, it could be done. But should it? It wouldn't bother me if he was added, Sonic being in Brawl has now left the door wide open for characters. But personally I don't think he will be included, not this time around anyways.

You should listen to islandvic...
You're being so closed-minded, Shoko.

A move-set could be made for Robotnick easily.
I mean, using your logic, Mario's move-set should be,

Up B: Jump
Side B: Jump
Down B: Jump
Neutral B: Jump

AtomicB said:

thank you

AtomicB said:

Ya see Atomic, that's where your wrong. Your just thinking about the 2-D platformers. Mario punched, kicked, slid, and flipped on Mario 64, so he always had moves. And don't try to argue back either cause what I just said was very true.

Your being closed minded. You didn't even care to think about ALL THE OTHER Mario games. And He had his fire in the old platformers anyways, so at least one of the special moves would be a Fire Ball.

And read my last post. I added some more stuff in.

I haven't said anything wrong, so i don't know why your jumping on me.

Lets see what Robotnick has done in past games.

son2_04.gif

Drill Machine. Drives it to try and mow over peoples.

son2_08.gif

Collects poison liquid and dumps it on peoples.

son2_12.gif

It's a giant hammer. What's not to get?

son2_16.gif

Drops bombs and grabs/shocks peoples.

son2_20.gif

It's a flame-thrower.

son2_24.gif

Two drills for arms + Cave = You do the math.

son2_28.gif

Either a tail with a claw of death comes out, or he fires three lazers.

son2_32.gif

Those orbs become mini-hims. The spin around him protecting him / damaging peoples. After they're all popped, the goes to the side of the screen and fires a giant lazer.

son2_40.gif

Final boss = Giant Mech with rocket arms that launches up and tries to stomp you. (Perfect final smash).

Like I said. I don't think Robotnick will get in, but I don't think it's impossible.

Shoko said:
Ya see Atomic, that's where your wrong. Your just thinking about the 2-D platformers. Mario punched, kicked, slid, and flipped on Mario 64, so he always had moves. And don't try to argue back either cause what I just said was very true.

Your being closed minded. You didn't even care to think about ALL THE OTHER Mario games. And He had his fire in the old platformers anyways, so at least one of the special moves would be a Fire Ball.

What did Fox do before Smash Bros? How am I being close minded? I'm the one who considers the possibilities that you shut down...

Look, I have nothing against you. but please think before you speak.

Last edited:
Shoko said:

we jump on you because you don't listen well enough to hear what others are saying, you just think things need to be your way or no way at all.

Atomic! In all of those pics except one he FLIES!! Your actually helping me prove my point! He flies and shoots things at you.

And your not getting something. Your not getting that Dkw0101 means he wants eggman in as a playable character. Your talking as a SSE boss or trophy, but he's thikin him as an actual playable character

Dkw0101 said:
we jump on you because you don't listen well enough to hear what others are saying, you just think things need to be your way or no way at all.

I haven't said anything wrong. You guys don't listen cause you let fanboyism get in the way of good judgement and reasoning.

Last edited:
Shoko said:
Atomic! In all of those pics except one he FLIES!! Your actually helping me prove my point! He flies and shoots things at you.

And your not getting something. Your not getting that Dkw0101 means he wants eggman in as a playable character. Your talking as a SSE boss or trophy, but he's thikin him as an actual plauable character

Charizard Flies. Meta-Knight Flies. Pit Flies. Kirby Flies.
Robotnick could be made playable. It's not impossible.

AtomicB said:
Charizard Flies. Meta-Knight Flies. Pit Flies. Kirby Flies.
Robotnick could be made playable. It's not impossible.
OMG.....Atomic, you on drugs? THOSE CHARACTER STILL FIGHT ON THE GROUND!! THEY'RE NOT ALWAYS IN THE AIR, LIKE EGGMAN! Think man. Jeez, I though you were one of the smarter and reasonble members here.

Pit's on the ground on his game, Charizard's on the ground in the Pokemon Stadium games, and Metaknight hardly ever flew on the kirby show!! Same with Kirby! I just gave a counter for what you said about those characters!

Shoko said:
OMG.....Atomic, you on drugs? THOSE CHARACTER STILL FIGHT ON THE GROUND!! THEY'RE NOT ALWAYS IN THE AIR, LIKE EGGMAN! Think man. Jeez, I though you were one of the smarter and reasonble members here.

I think we're both above insults. Right.
Lets turn this from an argument to a discussion.

Present me with one reason at a time, alright? One reason at a time as to why Robotnick can't be playable.

here my 1 reason why he is
deded,bowser,and donkey kong are all characters people thought would be impossible to play as but look, it has been done.

ok, olimar couldn't punch or kick or anything and they still put him in.

Shoko:Olimar dosen't fight, his Pikmin do.

peach isn't a fighter either

Shoko:Super Mario Bros 2.

islandvic said:
Zelda never technically fought herself, yet she was in Melee. Dr. Mario never fought, he was in Melee as well.

ShokoZelda used magic. So if she uses magic, then you can easily turn her into a fighter. Plus, at the end of Wind Waker, she helps you figh Ganondorf. Your not thinking either. So your wrong, Zelda is a fighter. HECK, she was about to fight Zant in TP! She had a sword in her hand!

Ok, Atomic, really, is what I said wrong? Really man, just tell the truth.

Dkw0101 said:
here my 1 reason why he is
deded,bowser,and donkey kong are all characters people thought would be impossible to play as but look, it has been done.

They have all fought before. They're fighters. So it's not impossible. Again, your wrong. Isn't he Atomic?

Back