Smash Bros. Brawl Unfit for Wii?

AoWFraggit said:
i'll be sure to pickup 2 gc controllers when i fetch my copy (the last system i owned before wii was a ps one, believe it or not)

not to say i won't try it with the wiimote/nunchuck control scheme!

why do you want to go with the GC controller, just go with the classic controller its cheaper.

brawldude said:
well by that i meant that how can they say that brawl is unfit 4 wii.

yes thats true, it should have been something like "wii is not hardcore friendly".

SantaClaws said:
I think this is bullshit

you should see some of the people on MSC

you can't say they're not hardcore

same with GH, it's the same on all platforms

I was about to post the same exact thing myself.

the thing is that brawl will appeal to both hardcore and casual gamers, providing something for everyone. This will boost its sales and make it a huge success. Also, let's not forget how popular melee was.

GigaRidley said:
Also, let's not forget how popular melee was.

yes, it was a 6 million seller. but there might a chance that not everyone who owned a gamecube a ssbm owns a wii. but i still believe the sales will be greater.

Sales definitely won't be lower than expected.

My girlfriend convinced a Gamestop employee to let her have one of the large cardboard-box Brawl window displays if she put $5 down to preorder it today lmao
Anyway, as we walked through the mall with it in hand, everyone and their grandmother was asking her if the game was out/if she got a demo, prerelease, etc.
It drew major attention.
It's not just another Wii game; it's Brawl =þ

I don't know one person that owns a Wii and doesn't plan on getting it,
Hell, everyone has already perordered it lol
&Wii owners that haven't even played the first two games are excited for its release.

If Brawl doesn't sell, then the Wii isn't hardcore? Even though SSB is first and foremost a casual-friendly game? Right....

I wonder if this developer works for Konami, the Japanese company that....doesn't think highly of the Wii. The company that many people attribute the quote "We will put nothing but shovelware on the Wii" to. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I Cant Believe They Said That SSBB Was "Unfit" For The Wii!
As A Few Of You Have Said, SSBB Is A Casual-Friendly Game So How Will It Not Appeal To Casual Gamers?! I Dont Get This Developer...
However, I Think The Sales Will Be Greater Than SSBM.
My Little Cousins Excited Bout SSBB And He Thinks That Its An Original Game Thats Never Had Any Prequels!

what a bunch of bull I know SSBB will sell cause it has no comparison to No more heroes or Mario galaxy not sayin ther bad I juss think if yur gunnna compare Brawl to anythin it shud be Melee or the original

Poink said:
Sales definitely won't be lower than expected.

My girlfriend convinced a Gamestop employee to let her have one of the large cardboard-box Brawl window displays if she put $5 down to preorder it today lmao
Anyway, as we walked through the mall with it in hand, everyone and their grandmother was asking her if the game was out/if she got a demo, prerelease, etc.
It drew major attention.
It's not just another Wii game; it's Brawl =þ

I don't know one person that owns a Wii and doesn't plan on getting it,
Hell, everyone has already perordered it lol
&Wii owners that haven't even played the first two games are excited for its release.
I didn't get a window display when I preordered mine... your girlfriend's lucky :lol:
And you're right, I don't know a single wii owner who hasn't preordered it.
BRAWL FORMULA:
Massive Desire for game+Massive number of wiis sold=MASSIVE POPULARITY AND PROFIT

He could be right. I was convinced that galaxy would sell way more than brawl! But the sales where dissapointing! Brawl gets a lot of hype so I guess it will sell more than galaxy now. But maybe not even as much as we would all hope.

I dont think that playing hard-core really has anything to do with atracting hard-core gamers. I mean a lot of people know halo3 ( platform for hard-core gamers because there's clans in there that get paid to play ) but who knows any nintendo games that have this? Only melee. My point is that we havent got any hard-core games yet!

Of-course there will still be hard-core players on the wii. Just not officialy. They will be just darned good!

And one more thing: BRAWL a casual-friendly game????? So you can let someone who plays this 1 hour a week go up against some of you pro's who play this 3 hours per day? I have had a hard-time teaching my girlfriend how to play melee while mario-party was no problem! Same goes for my friend who plays playstation and pc games for crying out loud! The hard-core ones. He didnt have such a big problem as my girlfriend but none the less had a problem adjusting to melee! The smash bros games go FAST and HECTIC! Theres no way a casual gamer understands that let alone even follow the action. Theres way better games out there for casual gamers than brawl!

Last edited:
Back