Smash Bros Site Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
alchey said:
I still hope someone like marth or roy gets pulled in. This new guy doesn't look like he will play like them at all. They were badass.

I'd like Roy maybe with some new moves but I believe that Marth is a must have.

i don't even know who the new guy is. should i check the site? oh i found out now!!! it's lucas. sounds good. since they're bringing a new character from earthbound, why not bring some more from metriod, zelda, starfox and sega considering they're more popular than earthbound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew, check the site or leave this thread. We want too discuss the character. When you go too bed tonight it'll be killing you slowly trying too figure out who it is. :lol:

Tomorrow is the metroid stage. 65% Sure.
Sadly Ness will be in the game. He is a veteran.
Is it me or does Lucas look a lot like Jimmy Neutron?

Last edited:
LemonManX said:
They could have changed Ness' moveset. That's anohter option.
Yeah except they'd be more likely to change that of the newcomer (Lucas) before even creating it rather than giving him Ness' moveset and changing the vet...

balrogs.pa said:
well they didnt really bring REALLY old characters in. only really ness and iceclimbers, to represent the old games on the nes and snes (or other systems i forgot)
No I think he means classic as in he's been in every smash game thus far and all the characters from the original WILL return whereas all the characters in Melee SHOULD but won't nessacarily...and before you start jumping all over me about clones being dumb, there ARE differences between the clones and the originals and some people like the clones better. It just wouldn't make sense to take out characters that SOMEBODY might like when it takes almost no extra effort rather then risk losing a sale because somebody's favorite character got booted. Yes, people will decide to not buy the game for some pretty stupid things =P

Last edited:
i reserved the game yesterday at toys r us and i'm glad that i did since so many other cool characters are joining the roster

andrewguy said:
i don't even know who the new guy is. should i check the site? oh i found out now!!! it's lucas. sounds good. since they're bringing a new character from earthbound, why not bring some more from metriod, zelda, starfox and sega considering they're more popular than earthbound.

anyone agree with this? i sure do. probably wolf link and dark samus will be in too.

Andrewguy, why do you quote yourself so much, it's kinda weird.

@fireflower, Lucas's hair is weird. It's so perfect. Just like jimmy neutron.

balrogs.pa said:
well they didnt really bring REALLY old characters in. only really ness and iceclimbers, to represent the old games on the nes and snes (or other systems i forgot)

Are you kidding me? Most of the characters from the Melee roster were created between 1980 and 1990.

Game & Watch - 1980
Mario (as Jumpman) - 1981
Donkey Kong - 1981
Luigi - 1983
Peach - 1985
Bowser - 1985
Ice Climbers - 1985
Link - 1986
Zelda - 1986
Ganondorf - 1986
Samus - 1986
Pit - 1986
Snake - 1987
Ness - 1989
Marth - 1990
Yoshi - 1990
Cpt. Falcon - 1990
Dr. Mario - 1990

Kirby - 1992
Wario - 1992
Meta Knight - 1993
Fox - 1993
Falco - 1993
Diddy Kong - 1994
Jigglypuff - 1996
Pikachu - 1996
Mewtwo - 1996
Pokemon Trainer (w/ Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) - 1996
Pichu - 1999
Roy - 2001
Ike - 2005
Lucas - 2006

Last edited:
I have played earthbound 3... I am kind of excited that lucas is in.

plus i think Nes will not be cut... why would they only have 1 character from a whole series. i bet someone there are going to be 2 more earthbound characters includeing nes

3 is more than 2 as well Wreked xD Ninten maybe? And they all utilize whatever game-specific moves/items they have?

naisatoh said:
Are you kidding me? Most of the characters from the Melee roster were created between 1980 and 1990.
Yup, I actually think ALL of them were created by 2000 unless there's someone from a newer series that has yet to be announced...but so far I think Animal Crossing's the newest series and even it was 2000 if I'm not mistaken...Assist Trophies and regular trophies are a different story however.

naisatoh said:
Game & Watch - 1980
Mario (as Jumpman) - 1981
Donkey Kong - 1981
Luigi - 1983
Peach - 1985
Bowser - 1985
Ice Climbers - 1985
Link - 1986
Zelda - 1986
Ganondorf - 1986
Samus - 1986
Pit - 1986
Snake - 1987
Ness - 1989
Marth - 1990
Yoshi - 1990
Cpt. Falcon - 1990
Dr. Mario - 1990
Technically wasn't Peach the same year as Mario and DK? I mean, Mario was Jumpman and Peach was just Pauline...

naisatoh said:
Kirby - 1992
Wario - 1992
Meta Knight - 1993
Fox - 1993
Falco - 1993
Diddy Kong - 1994
Jigglypuff - 1996
Pikachu - 1996
Mewtwo - 1996
Pokemon Trainer (w/ Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) - 1996
Pichu - 1999
Roy - 2001
Ike - 2005
Lucas - 2006
I thought Lucas was released a LONG time ago...wasn't Mother 3 for the N64 or the SNES or something?

And Wario came before '92 just not in America...Mario and Wario was released in 1991...I think...

S.S. said:
Technically wasn't Peach the same year as Mario and DK? I mean, Mario was Jumpman and Peach was just Pauline...

I suppose you can make that assumption.. though I haven't heard anything official.

S.S. said:
I thought Lucas was released a LONG time ago...wasn't Mother 3 for the N64 or the SNES or something?

EDIT: So Mother 3 was originally announced for the N64 in 1996. However, due to numerous developmental delays, it wasn't officially released until April 20, 2006 for the Game Boy Advance. So I guess technically speaking.. we're both right.

S.S. said:
And Wario came before '92 just not in America...Mario and Wario was released in 1991...I think...

Mario and Wario was released for the SNES on August 27, 1993. However, Wario made his first debut in Super Mario Land 2 on October 21, 1992 for the Game Boy.

Last edited:
umm i thought it was toadstool not paulline
and later on they just changed the name to peach

so i guess naisatoh is right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back