SNK has announced NEO-GEO releases

That would be cool! I want them to put the ORIGINAL GameBoy games up on a screen similar to the GB Player...many people like me haven't been able to find titles like Metroid II: The Return of Samus that have never been re-released like most original NES games have...

Anyways, more on topic, yes the Neo-Geo games will take tons of space. But I was studying the Wii Shop and I noticed something: The shop remembers what you've payed for. I also noticed this when I downloaded the Internet Channel and my download was interrupted: I didn't have to pay to download it a few months later even though now it costs money...it just said "Redownload" So I'm thinking, perhaps with the shop's memory, if you run out of space, couldn't you just delete and older game that you haven't played in awhile and then redownload it for free when you want to play it again? Or would you have to pay again as well?

S.S. said:
That would be cool! I want them to put the ORIGINAL GameBoy games up on a screen similar to the GB Player...many people like me haven't been able to find titles like Metroid II: The Return of Samus that have never been re-released like most original NES games have...

Anyways, more on topic, yes the Neo-Geo games will take tons of space. But I was studying the Wii Shop and I noticed something: The shop remembers what you've payed for. I also noticed this when I downloaded the Internet Channel and my download was interrupted: I didn't have to pay to download it a few months later even though now it costs money...it just said "Redownload" So I'm thinking, perhaps with the shop's memory, if you run out of space, couldn't you just delete and older game that you haven't played in awhile and then redownload it for free when you want to play it again? Or would you have to pay again as well?

Yes, you can do that. Every VC game and Wiiware item you download is recorded, so you don't have to pay for it twice. Problem is, with the large amount of space these games take up there's going to be a lot of deleting involved. It would have been better if we could run games stored on an SD card, or better yet, we should have got a hard drive instead of a flash drive.

Last edited:
Hm, yeah the hard drive woulda been better, but a typical SD card would prolly only be able to hold one Neo-Geo game anyways so I don't suppose it really matters that we can't save them onto the card...

Tails McCloud~ said:
This Fall is what I heard somewhere =/
Gonna get Fatal Fury

"Are you ok?"
BUSTAH WOLFF!

He dosnt do that untill Garou
The first few didnt have supers

Back