Snowboarding!

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
Yeah i can't wait till it snows. I'm going to Utah in Dec i'm so pumped! Can't wait to bring out my Burton and finally land a 360, yeah i'm not Shaun White:lol: .Anyone else Snowboard?

Haha.
What is snow?

You mean that white stuff in movies?
I thought it was a special effect!

We don't get that stuff in Louisiana.

Well, we did. But it was there for 30 min until it melted.

I have to admit, I've never thrown a snowball.
Heck. I haven't even seen one in person.

Ha I go to Colorado about every year...but to ski...I did snowboarding for a year...never caught on to it so went back to skiing...We did go to Utah though the other year and I have to say it was quite fun...I'll have to ask my mom where we went to see if I went to the same place your going.

Go skiing w00t!

I hate snowboarders...no offense...they can do some pretty sweet tricks, but i cant stand that loud scraping noise they make going down the mountain, they leave huge ice patches all over the mountain...

That's why my favorite ski resort is Mad River Glen...no boarders allowed! :wink:

Yeah, I cant wait for snow, ski team at my high school is starting up soon. I'm ready. :)

uloseiwin said:
Go skiing w00t!

I hate snowboarders...no offense...they can do some pretty sweet tricks, but i cant stand that loud scraping noise they make going down the mountain, they leave huge ice patches all over the mountain...

That's why my favorite ski resort is Mad River Glen...no boarders allowed! :wink:

Yeah, I cant wait for snow, ski team at my high school is starting up soon. I'm ready. :)
Ha same here...ski team all the way

And I almost forgot, i hate it when snowboarders go down moguled trails...its pretty funny, though, they fall down every 5 seconds:lol: but there are some who are just AMAZING at moguls, Ive seen a couple snowboarders who whip right down em. But they really are meant for skiers...just like rails are meant for boarders.

And always, always, always, yell at people on the mountain when you are on the chairlift. It makes the chairlift so much more fun. There are some great things to do on chairlifts, believe me...:lol:

S-s-snow? The myth is real!

I'd like to go snowboarding but I think I'd have to go up to Scotland, it's expensive and still, not that much snow so it'll suck.

There's no snow in Western Australia, but I have been over to the East Coast of Australia to do some skiing. I've never tried snowboarding because I've had so much fun skiing.

I snowboard.. I try to go at least five times every year to either Grouse or Whistler, BC. I own a burton air snowboard which can be seen by clicking on my profile.

My board..

imgp0327.jpg

And yes I go down moguls and I despise skiiers who constantly cut in front of boarders with no care whatsoever. Then, when you actually do pass them on the side they end up yelling at you for little to no reason...

Last edited:
uloseiwin said:
And I almost forgot, i hate it when snowboarders go down moguled trails...its pretty funny, though, they fall down every 5 seconds:lol: but there are some who are just AMAZING at moguls, Ive seen a couple snowboarders who whip right down em. But they really are meant for skiers...just like rails are meant for boarders.

And always, always, always, yell at people on the mountain when you are on the chairlift. It makes the chairlift so much more fun. There are some great things to do on chairlifts, believe me...:lol:
lol i haven't tried moguls but i totally know what your talking about. It's hillarious to watch them try it but yeah some people can do it, which is awesome. The thing i don't like about skiers are that they tend to run into you, some fat newbie almost ran me down while i was walking, scared me a lot. Plus they don't wait their turns in the terrain parks.

Syntax that's a nice board, i was considering the burton air, but i got the cheaper, clash instead.
Here it is
burton_ss_clash_150_top_m.jpg

Last edited:
Syntax said:
I snowboard.. I try to go at least five times every year to either Grouse or Whistler, BC. I own a burton air snowboard which can be seen by clicking on my profile.

My board..

imgp0327.jpg

And yes I go down moguls and I despise skiiers who constantly cut in front of boarders with no care whatsoever. Then, when you actually do pass them on the side they end up yelling at you for little to no reason...
Grouse Mountain in Vancouver? Well I'd assume that since that's where you live but anyway I was just there when I went on an Alaskan Cruise. We stayed in Vancouver a couple of days before we went on the cruise and on one of the days we hiked on Grouse Mountain...went to the top and saw a pretty funny Lumberjack Show haha. Small world...

That would be the mountain :) I for one prefer going up to Whistler but it's about a 2 or so hour drive. Worth it though if you plan on spending a day or so there.

I'm a boarder/skier ( I do both). It so happens that I live 10 minutes away from the slopes, so I go all the time. Right now though, my Burton is broken from a rather violent crash I had last season... Oh, and for the people who have never tried a rail, it HURTS to fall on one! I tried on my skiis, way harder than on a board! But I eventually managed (not without bruises...)

I have yet to attempt the terrain parks both at Whistler and Grouse. I know that my cousins can do them but as for myself I wouldn't be able to. Mainly because I'm not the best when it comes to doing tricks on my board.

Back