So I saw my first glimpse of an Xbox 360 game in action.

Sovieto said:
well you already have a computer
Shazzam.
Sovieto said:
saving up for a 360 will give you basically a computer (which tons of bonus features) that has awesome graphics and you wont need to update it and spend way more money just to play the newest games (if you havent noticed a lot of games are 360 and pc only) then if you have 360 for gaming youd need your computer for nothing more than what you are already doing
ARRGHH, it sounds so tasty, I want it now...here's the thing. I think you, Sovieto, will help me out the best as we have the same taste for games (not all the games in my sig that I rate do I own, just have played).

So here's the deal; I'm DEFINITELY getting a 360 (Premium or Elite is still undecided) within today and next Friday, so I need help with the games. I like RPG's (from Final Fantasy to Pokemon), FPS's (Halo), good ole' Gun em Downs (GoW, not so sure about Lost Planet) and more too...so if you know any good games not in those categories, still list those games as I might like them.

If any one comes in here and starts saying, "ZOMG VIVA LA PINATA IS DA' GAME MAH MAN, GET IT!!!11" I already have an answer:

F' you. :]

So, any ideas?

I strongly recommend the following games to be on your must have list(based on what i know about your taste in games):

Gears of War
Dead Rising
Crackdown or wait for GTA 4
and The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

those are my current favs and all have wonderful graphics, gameplay, and replay value, which are the three things i look for in a game!

hope this helps,

Brandon

Stranger said:
I strongly recommend the following games to be on your must have list(based on what i know about your taste in games):

Gears of War
Dead Rising
Crackdown or wait for GTA 4
and The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

those are my current favs and all have wonderful graphics, gameplay, and replay value, which are the three things i look for in a game!

hope this helps,

Brandon
Besides GTA, that's an awesome list! Totally forgot about Oblivion...GoW has been on my list forever. I'm actually limited to 2 games because of my funding...so those two will do. :]

Appreciated as always, Brandon.

ssbb_lover said:
Besides GTA, that's an awesome list! Totally forgot about Oblivion...GoW has been on my list forever. I'm actually limited to 2 games because of my funding...so those two will do. :]

Appreciated as always, Brandon.

Anytime!

Glad you like my list, those are just my personal favorites that i thought you might like. Oblivion is hours upon hours upon hours of fun. I'm a decked out vampire on my file. :lol:

but seriously, your gonna love your 360.

random update:

w00t!!!1

My LAN starts in an Hour and a Half!

ssbb_lover said:
Shazzam.

ARRGHH, it sounds so tasty, I want it now...here's the thing. I think you, Sovieto, will help me out the best as we have the same taste for games (not all the games in my sig that I rate do I own, just have played).

So here's the deal; I'm DEFINITELY getting a 360 (Premium or Elite is still undecided) within today and next Friday, so I need help with the games. I like RPG's (from Final Fantasy to Pokemon), FPS's (Halo), good ole' Gun em Downs (GoW, not so sure about Lost Planet) and more too...so if you know any good games not in those categories, still list those games as I might like them.

If any one comes in here and starts saying, "ZOMG VIVA LA PINATA IS DA' GAME MAH MAN, GET IT!!!11" I already have an answer:

F' you. :]

So, any ideas?
well theres oblivion for rpg
and also fable 2 is coming out (which from what people say is like xbox's zelda) you should check that out
also im sure youd like too human which is coming out that is a rpg game but you do the fighting devil may cry/god of war style, the rpg part of it is just like Diablo 2
halo is just crazy all around shooting fun so yah get it
gears of war is like its own style, wihch is so addicting cause its a fairly new style of playing
lost planet is more of a gun em down type game but i dont like some of the controls and i think the gameplay is stale (up on the d-pad to zoom?! teh ****?!)
oh and you should also check out mass effect coming out in summer, a HUGE rpg game getting TONS of hype

Sovieto said:
well theres oblivion for rpg
and also fable 2 is coming out (which from what people say is like xbox's zelda) you should check that out
also im sure youd like too human which is coming out that is a rpg game but you do the fighting devil may cry/god of war style, the rpg part of it is just like Diablo 2
halo is just crazy all around shooting fun so yah get it
gears of war is like its own style, wihch is so addicting cause its a fairly new style of playing
lost planet is more of a gun em down type game but i dont like some of the controls and i think the gameplay is stale (up on the d-pad to zoom?! teh ****?!)
oh and you should also check out mass effect coming out in summer, a HUGE rpg game getting TONS of hype
Thanks to you as well, Sov. :] Fable sounds good, i'll check that out, as well as Mass-Effect. Never heard of Too Human, i'll definitely check that out as well.

Thanks again. :]

OMG! totally forgot about F2 for a while!

Yes. thats another must buy. it will be better than oblivion for sure. and thats saying a lot considering how amazing Elder scrolls 4 was. so yes. buy it.

and rent the 1st one too. because it was the o.g. of original xbox rpg's
it was recently re-released with almost 10 more hours of gameplay. its called the lost chapters. and thats what i bought. it was amazingly amazing.

eh im prob not gonna get one. ima wait for their next system for my $ goes further. whats the 360's lifespan? (until next system)

PtonJalken said:
eh im prob not gonna get one. ima wait for their next system for my $ goes further. whats the 360's lifespan? (until next system)
average system life span is 5 years

how's the 360 for single-player only?

I got the wii because: it intrigued me, and because I have dial-up and wanted a good in-the-same-room multiplayer

Might get a guitar instead of 360?

But, how is it without live?

Brawny said:
how's the 360 for single-player only?

I got the wii because: it intrigued me, and because I have dial-up and wanted a good in-the-same-room multiplayer

Might get a guitar instead of 360?

But, how is it without live?
its still very fun (my friend has a single player xbox)
there are plenty of great single player experiences on it
oblivion
dead rising
too human (coming)
mass effect (coming)
also games like call of duty and what not are fun with buddies over
they are mostly rpg type games though
but still racing games and the sort are still sweet single player only

Think I could do with a core, just buy the Component cables and memory card?

I do not care about the wires

Brawny said:
Think I could do with a core, just buy the Component cables and memory card?

I do not care about the wires
yah yah i was gonna suggest that but was to lazy to type :lol:
my friend also has a core
and since he dosent go online he has nothing to fill up a harddrive with and the memory card is good enough for him (btw $50 512mb memory card dose come with geometry wars, the best arcade game :yesnod: ) and he only has a 64mb one

well, there's another 50 bucks or whatever in my pocket...
Thanks for the almost stalkerish fast responses.

Hm....a couple more weeks and I can guitar, lessons, and 360. W000t

Brawny said:
well, there's another 50 bucks or whatever in my pocket...
Thanks for the almost stalkerish fast responses.

Hm....a couple more weeks and I can guitar, lessons, and 360. W000t
lol yah
when i die in a game i roll over to my comp and hit refresh :smilewinkgrin:
so i see new posts fast

Back