softmod idea?

30 seconds = about 10p if we go with my current wage. Converted into US currency thats something like 18 cents. I expect it in my account by tomorrow morning or I will be calling the heavies in on your ass...

Haz said:
:mad2: Because this is retarded.

If you're running a program an eject the disk, sometimes the program will still run as data is stored in the cache. Now when you click on a link the disc will need to be read - as the links will be different (noone will use the same code) it won't work.

no, if you click on the "link" it will bring you to a certain file, all you have to do is rename the file, so it will load that file... and trick it into believing that that is the actual file, and it will load

pizzaluvr said:
no, if you click on the "link" it will bring you to a certain file, all you have to do is rename the file, so it will load that file... and trick it into believing that that is the actual file, and it will load

........ok then. Let us know how it goes..........

Edit: 100th post whoop!

heirarchy??? i dont know what it means!!! am i thick or is it a hard word lol, this thread has wasted 30 seconds of my life i hope your wii malfunctions when its just past its warranty!!!! btw i only read the first few posts and got bored:wtf:

uk_louis_1986 said:
heirarchy??? i dont know what it means!!! am i thick or is it a hard word lol, this thread has wasted 30 seconds of my life i hope your wii malfunctions when its just past its warranty!!!! btw i only read the first few posts and got bored:wtf:

A hierarchy is just a structure. It can be applied many situations. I shall explain in two examples.

Hierarchy in a workplace - Top Down, with most important at the top.

Director of Company
Area Manager
Store Manager
Assistant Manager
Supervisor
Standard Employee.

Hierarchy in Computer - Path to a file (each 'line' is a hierarchical level)

C:\
c:\Program Files
C:\Program Files\Macromedia
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX\FlashMX.exe

Im a complete and utter 'dummie' of computers, and whatever you're all going on about. Could someone just tell me if we're going to make our own games or not? Cheers.

omfg, who cares about the hierarchy ****. what he is explaining is this. And its ****ing simple. Whether it works or not, I don’t know. It’s just a damn idea. So calm down.

You have Wii sports in the Wii

You eject Wii sports while on the Wii Sports main menu

You insert your custom Wii disk with your radical homebrew ****.

The code you put on disk makes it so lets say you click. WII BOWLING. it will open "HOMEBREW GAME #1" , and tricks it into thinking Wii sports is in there but in reality. Your homebrew stuff is.

it could work. Homebrew on psp is similar. Who knows.

Now all of you calm down and stop getting pissed off over a damn suggestion.

pizzaluvr said:
whatevs, just an idea, im sure you have more technical experience than me, im only 12 years old ;)

but my e-penis is bigger than yours

you have to be 13 to be on the forum

WiiKyle said:
you have to be 13 to be on the forum

I beleive posters below 13 is allowed with the permission of parent/guardian. atleast on most forums, I never read it when I signed up being 18 and all. but I beleive thats rule.

It might work, depends on how the wii verrifies the code / media.

Basicaly someone would need the SDK to get any kinda homebrew compiled anyway.

Also FYI game cube disks are not impossible to copy they just aren't easy to copy.

bonecollector316 said:
omfg, who cares about the hierarchy ****. what he is explaining is this. And its ****ing simple. Whether it works or not, I don’t know. It’s just a damn idea. So calm down.

You have Wii sports in the Wii

You eject Wii sports while on the Wii Sports main menu

You insert your custom Wii disk with your radical homebrew ****.

The code you put on disk makes it so lets say you click. WII BOWLING. it will open "HOMEBREW GAME #1" , and tricks it into thinking Wii sports is in there but in reality. Your homebrew stuff is.

it could work. Homebrew on psp is similar. Who knows.

Now all of you calm down and stop getting pissed off over a damn suggestion.

Oh fantastic..... another Adolf Hitler on the forums. Yes of course you're right - how silly of us to think otherwise.

People tried similar tricks with the PS2 also.
*First modify the PS2 with a 'fliptop' so you can swap the game disc without ejecting the disc tray thus the PS2 will still think it has the same disc.
*Get a demo disc and when you try to start a demo a controller layout screen comes up and the game will start after pressing X. Now the game disc should stop spinning.
*Now create a exact copy of the demo disc and replace the demo game with a homebrew file. Swap the original disc with the hacked one in the controller layout screen and press X.
*The homebrew file boots instead of the demo game.

The problem is that developers fix this problem by making the disc constantly spinning so swapping the disc while it's spinning won't work and you can lose a finger.

Now for the Wii, the swapping idea won't work because the Wii checks the disc to see if it's legit every time you insert it. The only way is to swap it without the Wii knowing it but it's impossible to do it on a 'toaster style' disc drive.

Last edited:
:mad: im gonna throw ur wii at ur head and crap in your mouth while your out cold BECAUSE YOU WASTED 2 MINUTED OF MY LIFE

Last edited:
Back