Well THAT was weird...

specialsauce

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
I had finished playing Wii Sports just a few minutes ago, and I'm about to play some Zelda. Anyways, Wii Sports was on the main menu (where you can choose which sport, or training/fitness test), and I ejected the disk. Then I put Zelda in, but Wii Sports was still up and running on the screen. It wasn't frozen, because the graphics were still moving and everything. Anyways, I just hit the home button to get back to the Wii Menu, but how in the world would the game keep running after it was out of the system and another game was put in?

Some of the games actually load pieces into the Wii's memory. It is always best to completely get out of a game before starting a new one. This will help keep you from getting freeze ups during games.

It's still in system memory thats why, what happens is that your system loads all the required files from the disc, and for example if you move into another area of a game or whatever, it will access the disc again. Now as for your case, its somewhat weird but really you should be going back to the channel menu before ejecting a disc.

xbandaidx said:
It's still in system memory thats why, what happens is that your system loads all the required files from the disc, and for example if you move into another area of a game or whatever, it will access the disc again. Now as for your case, its somewhat weird but really you should be going back to the channel menu before ejecting a disc.

i wasent at the menu,i was at the safety screen when i ejected mine, maybe thats y it made that noise? but it did it after i was at the wii menu and shut down

Back