Solar-Powered Wii!

20watt solar panel why bother? The wii's just running off battery..

the wii alone uses 40watts then the tv and speakers...the solar panels hardly doing anything

Awesome Idea...just needed better panels

what are you going to play the Wii outside on your patio? even then you still need to plug in the TV. worst idea EVER.

Wicked concept. Solar power is really awesome. It'd be nice to see the DS2 be solar powered like my calculator.

kidtmnt said:
Wicked concept. Solar power is really awesome. It'd be nice to see the DS2 be solar powered like my calculator.

you realize you don't play your wii outside? even if its in a very well lit room, it needs to be out side for any optimal performance.

well this is the worst idea ever because the wiimote gets "jammed" with the sun soooooo i`ll let you guys to thinks why is a bad idea xD

callme.nasty said:
you realize you don't play your wii outside? even if its in a very well lit room, it needs to be out side for any optimal performance.

Now that I think about it I'm usually outdoors when i play my DS, and with summer right around the corner i'm gonna be going out more often :)

Farid said:
well this is the worst idea ever because the wiimote gets "jammed" with the sun soooooo i`ll let you guys to thinks why is a bad idea xD

I noticed that too Farid. When I play the Wii in a room lit really well, the curser gets really twitchy.

kidtmnt said:
Now that I think about it I'm usually outdoors when i play my DS, and with summer right around the corner i'm gonna be going out more often :)

See a solar powered DS would be much more reasonable...you'd probly be able to use some old calculator solar cells to power it 5.2v at 1.6Watt

But just to power the tv that the wii would play on you'd need a huge panel...most panels that are installed on roof tops are only from 160w-180w per panel...you'd need a rooftop solar panel just to power the tv

Um cool idea but why would you play your Wii outside? And it sure isn't tranportation friendly by the looks of it.:lol:

Back