Sonic - Godfather ?

I would buy Sonic. (Dont know about Godfather) But I warn you, if your like me you will HATE the first couple of stages...

I rented Sonic from GameFly. I played Sonic for 20 minutes. I sealed Sonic back in the envelope and put it back in the mail. lol
I love Sonic but this game just isn't what I hoped for. Something felt really restricted about it.
The Godfather, on the other hand, I'd already played on the PC last summer so I wasn't as excited about it. But after completing Cooking Mama in just a few hours, I traded it back in and bought The Godfather. Same game but completely different. The controls make it so much better. I finished it in just about the same time, completed all the side missions, got a lot of the extra stuff, etc and I still don't feel DONE with the game. In fact, as soon as I did all that, I started a second save file but with games that I've been playing since I haven't gotten back to it yet. It's been hanging over my head, though, which I like. It's the sign of a good game when I've completed it or beaten it and I feel like I haven't because I wanna play it AGAIN from the beginning. I'm sooooooooooooo glad they're making the second one. Let's just hope it works in Miami (presuming that's where they go with it to follow the movie) without seeming like a GTA Vice City clone.

Definitely Godfather and I don't even know if I'd rent Sonic right now. There are better games. If you wanna buy it, wait a few months and I'm sure it'll be discount in a lot of places. Sonic games always seem to be in the $20-30 range within a year of release so just save the cash for now. Besides, Mario Party 8 and Mortal Kombat come out at the end of the month, both are much higher in replay value.

Sonic and the Secret Rings takes about 4 hrs of gameplay to become likeable. The speed break REALLY helpes it out. Nonetheless, the mediocre begining takes it from an 8 to a 5.5 for me.

Well Godfather is G&G (Good and God) , but about sonic I'm thinking now.. I know it's Not Bad , but something I think is missing.. Then maybe even SSX : Blur ..

Godfather is a buy thats sure... So let's not talk about it :D .
( 1 is off.. 1 to go)

Last edited:
I liked SSX Blur, it took a little bit to get used to... But like I said, there are better games coming soon. Godfather will take some time to play. I say even if you have the money to get 2 games now, just go with The Godfather and hold off on a second game until better stuff comes. It's only a week till Mario Party 8 and Mortal Kombat come out. Then a month from now you get Pokemon if you like that. If not, there's Resident Evil 4 Wii edition. Even the end of July for Mario Strikers and August 20th for Metroid Prime 3, neither of those are THAT far off. I wouldn't BUY SSX Blur or Sonic personally. I'd RENT SSX Blur AGAIN but I wouldn't buy it. Especially cuz it's one of those games you know they'll have another within a year and then yours is obsolete and you can't even trade it in at GameStop. Plus, I'd be willing to bet the next version of it has online play :cool: Besides, it's summer. How can you think about snowboarding now? I feel sick thinking about snow right now :lol:

Ok thx :lol:

If you've got a choice then Godfather. My mum won't let me buy it or rent it again. :/ Oh well 2 more years then I'm 16 and hell yeah then I got the Godfather! I do like Sonic but I'm trying to make Twilight princess last until Mario comes out. Sonic is pretty good though so don't listen to the guys who say its bad!

OK thx All :) You all get Rep ! :D

Back