Sony releasing $600 BR players

Does anyone remember Beta or Divix. I know sony tried to releae beta didn't work Sony isn't really hurting. They have other products to make income. They are pushing blu ray a lil much but if they lose out on ps 3 and blu ray is the choice for movies than they will still make money Sony is a huge diverse company

Sovieto said:
umm...anyone think its a strategy?

they make the customer think:Why would i buy a $600 blu ray player when i can get one and a game system and tons of features for $600?

How would that work? It costs to supply Blu Ray players, I don't know how much it is but I'm sure it's pretty expensive.

"Hey let's make Blu Ray players so no one will buy them and buy PS3s!" - That's what you're implying Sony are thinking.

Ruman said:
Yes. Yes they did. They are really gonna hurt PS3 sales with this move.

Let me get this straight. Sony will sell a blu ray player that they will make money on, or they could have sold a ps3 which they lose money on. If the owner would have used it as a dedicated blu ray player, it means the owner never would have purchased a game if they bought the ps3. yeah its a bad move alright :shocked: You're an idiot :tard:

Ruman said:
True, but many people want it because it has a cheaper blu-ray player than the others. Come to think of it, this is a 50-50 gamble by Sony. This will either hurt or save their gaming division, depending on what more people want out of the PS3.

Actually its a great blu ray player. It was tested by by a few companies and scored just as high as a dedicated blu ray player. Technology on blu ray players has not advanced very much yet. In a couple of years it will probably be at them bottom of the barrel. Why dont you tell us how its subpar compared to a dedicated one?

Ruman if you're playing the game "how many stupid replies can I make in a day" then you are doing quite well.

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:
Actually its a great blu ray player. It was tested by by a few companies and scored just as high as a dedicated blu ray player. Technology on blu ray players has not advanced very much yet. In a couple of years it will probably be at them bottom of the barrel.

Ruman if you're playing the game "how many stupid replies can I make in a day" then you are doing quite well.

I didnt say the PS3's blu-ray player sucks, I just said its cheaper, retard.

If the Blue Ray player price has dropped this much this year. Next year it will be drastically cheaper than the PS3. As I said before. When DVD players became cheaper than the PS2 ($50), people went out and mass bought DVD players.

Ruman said:
True, but many people want it because it has a cheaper blu-ray player than the others. Come to think of it, this is a 50-50 gamble by Sony. This will either hurt or save their gaming division, depending on what more people want out of the PS3.

Well, I would think that people in their 40's+ and non-gamers wouldn't really like the look of a PS3 and using a game controller to play the games and such. Feels/looks weird. Yeah, you can buy a remote accessory, but that's more money. Also wouldn't fit in well with the rest of the home entertainment devices if you didn't get it for the games :).

I guess they're thinking if the PS3 bombs, at least they'll pave the way for a revolutionary video format disc, and rake in the money off that. Yeah, it is quite a gamble, but several things aren't going their way lately...so gambling doesn't seem to be such a bad option :). Especially with 50-50 odds (if you really think it is that high). I'm a poker player and 50-50 is sometimes just about good enough to go all-in :D

Back