SSBB - button mashing or full motion control?

Vascariz

WiiChat Member
Apr 16, 2009
Is SSBB a button mashing game or more of a swing the controls around game?
Just curious how active it is. The name : Brawl suggests I would be swinging my controls around non-stop but I have heard it described as a button masher!

Smash can be both.

With items and smash balls, you can still win while button mashing. Good mindless fun.

However, in upper level play where certain fixed settings are encouraged, Smash suddenly becomes anything but a "button-mashing" game in the sense of being able to press a bunch of buttons all the time to beat skilled players.

Not sure what you mean by "full motion control", but the game does demand that you are purposeful and strategic with your button input in competitive levels of play.

Sorry I was vague.
I meant is this essentially a game which uses mainly buttons to play or is it one which requires lots of motion of the controls?
When you say purposeful and strategic I guess it suggests not much active movement?

there is a "shake smash" feature but its junk and shouldn't be used. thats the only motion control thing in the game

Assuming you use the wiimote. The shake works good for Ike's smash.
Most people use a game cube or a classic controller. Personally I use ahem a PS2 controller. It has superior response and the adapter for it is 13.00 to 18.00. Depends on where you get it.
The characters are controlled by analog movement and if you have never seen Brawl go to utube and watch how much movement/action there is.
Its truly addicting.

Dominic, please don't post multiple times in a row, it's considered against the rules. Instead, you can use the "EDIT REPLY" button, located at the bottom of each of your posts, to add any and all information to your last post. It takes just as much, or even less time than a full post, so it's pretty easy yeah?

Since you're new, would you mind reading the rules? Thanks dude. :)

http://www.wiichat.com/faq.php
^ Rules/FAQ

GC Controller > everything else. Simply put. :p

To me, Wiimote + Nunchuck >>>>>> GC Controller. I havent played with the GC in such a long time, the controls have become almost a foreign language to me.

i use classic with controls changed to my liking. my GC controller busted so i was kinda forced into the classic. after i got a new one, i still use classic cause GC control scheme might as well be used by someone with three hands cause i just can't do it anymore

I use gamecube controller all the time, I can use wiimote and classic controller but I play alot worse with them, and brawl is more a co-ordinated button pressing game then a button mashing game and I just mafe that up LOL!

Back