SSBB: # of players?

andrewguy said:
oh and to awnser druidan's question, i'd say that about 8-10 days is the average for days to wait for a new character.

There are 73 days till SSBB comes out. If a new character is revealed approximately every 10 days then there are at least 7 more characters that will be revealed by the release date. So far there are 20 revealed characters.

Assuming Captain Falcon, Game&Watch, Mewtwo, Ness(at least 1 earthbound/mother character), Ganondorf, Luigi, Marth (or Roy, or both) and Jigglypuff all return (because hey all have unique move-sets or distinct capabilities for unique movesets, or are icons for their series (aka Luigi, Ganondorf), then combined with the revealed characters there are at least 28-29 characters. If you insist on bringing back all of the clones with new move-sets then it pushes the number to 33.

Now let's add 1 more 3rd party character, as there will almost certainly be at least 1 more (though hopefully more). The number then climbs up to 34.

Already there are many more character possibilities than the 7 more character updates can cover. So we can assume 1 of 3 things.

1. There are going to be several melee members dropped for Brawl and little-to-no new(to Brawl) character updates.
Rebuttal to 1: "We're so far away from the release date, to stop showcasing new(to Brawl) characters at this point would be like poring water on the hype for the game. It's not gonna put it out, but it might slow the momentum down. Furthermore, what good does it do Nintendo to show its entire hand at the beginning? Why not save snake, meta knight, wario and pit for later updates? Surely they must have more surprises for us."

2. We're going to see the number of character reveals each week increase drastically.
Rebuttal to number 2: "It breaks the general rythm of the reveals. It also shows too much of Nintendo's hand too swiftly. What happens to the hype and wonder if all of the characters are revealed before the launch?"

3. We will see the proposed 7 more approximate character updates, and then on the week leading up to the release we'll get some major bomb-shells in the form of character updates, saving the highest hype characters (sonic? maybe?) for last.

I have no effective rebuttal for 3, as it's the view I'm taking on the matter ....>.>.....<.<.....

if the website is preparing to show all of the updates of melee characters then the only new character we can expect near the release is sonic. luigi, jigglypuff, ness and maybe ganondorf are the only ones that won't be unlockable in brawl from melee. if it is true that the site didn't or wont reveal any unlockable characters then there's room for newcomers to be announced a bit later.

if she/he (i don't know) is coming back then she might be a seperate character from zelda.

I'm pretty sure Shiek will play the same role in Brawl as Melee. And think about how many characters we already know about. We also are expecting previous big characters from Melee. Marth, Cpt. Falcon, ext. Now why would they lock characters that have already been announced. They could lock ones such as Marth and others that we know. But think about how many unlockables that there were in Melee. There's got to be many more we'll discover when we buy the game.

WOW

how the hell would there only be 31 characters sovieto?

there's already 19/20(samus/zzs) starting characters

that's 5 away from what they had in melee,

or think about it this way

8 new characters confirmed
+ 25 melee characters
=33 already

and obviously there's not done adding new people into the game, if they do remove people, it would only be like 3 at most.....

OR look at it this way

starting roster/finished roster

ssb: 8/12(gap=4)
ssbm: 14/25(gap=11)
ssbb 20/?

so the gap increases a lot and 31 would be the bare minimum, but obviously the development team have a lot more unnanounced characters up their sleeve

40-44 sounds pretty accurate

Sovieto said:
you call your favorite character a GUY?

My favorite char is a girl , but Sheik (girl) is pretending to be a guy, so its kinda weird telling him she since Sheik doesnt look SOO girly... but whatever, i always say she/he whatever i think first :cool:

this is a vote thread not a proove other peaples vote is wrong thread :lol:

my vote: 42

mushroomedmario said:
WOW

how the hell would there only be 31 characters sovieto?

there's already 19/20(samus/zzs) starting characters

that's 5 away from what they had in melee,

or think about it this way

8 new characters confirmed
+ 25 melee characters
=33 already

and obviously there's not done adding new people into the game, if they do remove people, it would only be like 3 at most.....

OR look at it this way

starting roster/finished roster

ssb: 8/12(gap=4)
ssbm: 14/25(gap=11)
ssbb 20/?

so the gap increases a lot and 31 would be the bare minimum, but obviously the development team have a lot more unnanounced characters up their sleeve

40-44 sounds pretty accurate
but wait, didnt they say theyre going to try to have less clone characters? 31 unique characters is more than 50 with half cloned in my book.

I don't think they are putting in all of SSBM chars. (clone chars will probably nto be on SSBB) so I RLY doubt that there will be 40+ chars. As I voted before, I'm guessing 30-ish

yeah less clone characters....but there's still a lot of characters in the ninty universe, plus i took that in consideration when i said they might remove 3 characters(candidates are pichu, dr. mario, roy and young link) but im' pretty sure they're not going to take out all of them, that's why i said 3 at most, but if you want to get technical the absolute most is 4 that they can take out

but there's still gonna add characters, that's a big role in ssb, fight and then you see a 'new challanger approaching' and your like "zomg it's_ _ _ _ _ _"

Sovieto said:
but wait, didnt they say theyre going to try to have less clone characters? 31 unique characters is more than 50 with half cloned in my book.
Most of the clone characters deserved a spot in melee, however, and most of them (with the exception of (most likely) Doc, Young Link (Possibly replaced by Celda or Wolf Link) and Pichu (Probably replaced by another pokemon)) will be returning from Brawl. The only reason they were clones is because Ninty ran out of time.

I say 40-44

i thought they said some of the clones will have different movesets

and we can't leave out luigi

Back