Super Mario Galaxy >>>> #1 game of all time???

nup i think oot will hold the title for a while, but when brawl comes out oot better be ready! although galaxy looks superior to many games, theres 1 or 2 other wii games/or will be that will surpass it. e.g brawl. but galaxy looks like a game definitely worth it, after all im getting it :)

stok3d said:
It's interesting how people say Brawl is better than Galaxy, especially when Brawl isn't even out yet and is from a totally different genre.
So you're saying that, for instance, I couldn't compare GT Pro Series (probably the most horrible racing game I've ever seen in my life) and Super Mario 64? Different Genres, sure, but no doubt in any gamers mind SM64 murders it.

Sure Brawl isn't out, but I still think, or rather know, that it will be better. Why? Well, first, I'm a fan of the SSB series more so than Mario. Also, I think that the type of game Brawl is has more possibilities, more replay value, more extra things to do so it feels like you never beat it (especially with the online feature, there's always someone better then you), etc. It just seems like it's going to be a higher quality game (my opinion).

I agree with the rest of your statement.

Not the greatest game all time, but definitely the greatest game on the Wii so far even though its only been leaked and not released.

I'm going to buy it because I know it I will simply enjoy it and because it will take me forever to finish it.

I played some of it at Gamestop today. Definitely need an instruction manual or I need to start at the beginning to see a tutorial on how exactly to play. It controlled pretty well and resembled Mario 64 with most of the same moves. However, I wasn't able to punch. You could go through bushes and pick up things and use the Wiimote to shoot what you picked up. However, the Wiimote wasn't working properly and I wasn't able to get it to aim right. I'll have to play it at home once I pick up my reserved copy to experience the game properly.

I'm confident it will be an amazing game.

I am also confident it will be better than SSBB: The level design of Galaxy really looks amazing, while SSBB is basically just a beat-um-up.

deffently not the #1 game of all time...
its a great game (as ive heard), but not good enough to be the best.

Brawl will kick the snot out of it.

EDIT-- Not sure tho, ive never played either. ill just have to wait and see.

PS: i didnt like super mario 64... will i like this?

MySims said:
PS: i didnt like super mario 64... will i like this?

I didn't play it long enough to see all the features since the cursor wouldn't work. The infrared sensor on the TV apparently wasn't registering properly and I didn't have enough room to back away to adjust. It was pretty cramped where they had their kiosk.

To me it played almost exactly like Mario 64 except you travel to planets instead of jumping into paintings.

Super Mario Galaxy is the greatest platformer of all time.

If you didn't like mario 64, you probably won't like this. They're very similar, but then again there's enough that's different in Galaxy that maybe you'll like it. Rent it first if you have doubts. I can't imagine someone not liking Galaxy, but I'm sure someone out there will. Seems like everybody liked Metroid Prime: Corruption, but I hated it.

First things first, just because a game is rated highly does not make it awesome. For example, I hate Ninga Gaiden Black on XBOX, but all the critics seem to love it. You will never convince everybody.

Secondly, while I'm positive that SSBB will be awesome, it is unfair for anybody to say it is better than Galaxy when nobody except media and E 4 All consumers have played it. Not to mention that they are two completely different genres and game styles (honestly, when's the last time you longed to play the single player adventure mode in melee?).

I personally could care less how its rated, because I've played it and have already fallen in love with it (goodbye Samus, I hope you don't powerbeam me for leaving you).

i can't believe that people keep craping on about Brawl. I didn't even think Melee was that great! Sure it was good and I had a lot of fun with it, but I wouldn't even rank it in my top 20 fav games, yet people here seem to think it will be better than Galaxy?!
I still rate Mario 64 as the best game off all time, in my opinion, because it was so different to anything i'd ever played before. I remember when I got it I thought that that was it, you couldn't get better graphics or sound or anything. It was the be all and end all of gaming. Turns out it wasn't, but I am yet to play another game that has made me feel that way.
Now, most people here haven't played Galaxy yet but from the reviews I have read it sounds like Galaxy will give you that impression again. A feeling that it's just impossible to top. Sunshine tried, and it was good and all, but that feeling wasn't quite there.
I'm a Zelda fan and Zelda is by far, in my opinion, the best gaming franchise ever. All the games just frickin' rock!!! But I would still rate Mario 64 over any Zelda game, so I believe that, in my opinion, Galaxy will be the best game ever.

it really depends on your taste. this debate between ssbb and smg: your judgement is completely based on what your personal taste is. i played melee before, and i hated it. i'm getting brawl, but not because of my absolute adoration for the franchise; i'm simply getting it to get it. mario, on the other hand, is more my type of game. sm64 blew melee out of the water, and in my personal opinion, galaxies will do the same.

true dat. i will love both. but i have to say that mario 64 may be my favorite game of all time, and i never owned a 64. needless to say i have it on vc now, but i have loved both smash bros games as well. they are 2 different games, and both will be awesome. i am still hoping that the release on ssbb has been pushed back to change the online format, but that is just a pipe dream.

Back