Super mario galaxy got IGN game of the year

Yeah, saw that awhile go.

Good for Galaxy and Nintendo. Truly was a great game...

(But Bioshock deserved it)

nic7 said:
Yeah, saw that awhile go.

Good for Galaxy and Nintendo. Truly was a great game...

(But Bioshock deserved it)

BOTH games deserved it.

Hopefully Nintendo continues to make good games like this one for all the different Characters/Series they have. Galaxy should also set the bar for the third party developers, seeing the potential the Wii really has..which is displayed very nicely by this game.

CantGetAWii said:
Hopefully Nintendo continues to make good games like this one for all the different Characters/Series they have. Galaxy should also set the bar for the third party developers, seeing the potential the Wii really has..which is displayed very nicely by this game.

I agree. Nintendo has set the bar, lets see third parties meet it.

It's a superb game, it doesn't cease to amaze me. I had heard it was good, but now that I have it, it's just amazing!

bilzar said:
1. That's look so wrong :wtf:

2. Congratz Nintendo!

1. Not really. Bioshock is a really really really good game. Either that or Galaxy was gonna win and I thought Bioshock would. I seriously did. :) I wonder what else Miyamoto will pull out of the hat for us.

2. Agreed

hmm, "Best use of Sound" Readers choice - Mario Galaxy

they must've never even seen BioShock and were desperate to give Mario Galaxy more rewards, ha.

But, it just so happens the # of galaxy fans over powered the # of other fans that really cared about GOTY. For ninty fans, Mario being GOTY is equal to a personal achievement such as winning a football game. Which i dont understand why, well IGN also gave it to them, this proves that some of the same old can still overpower more innovative things = in fun.

Last edited:
Monsteroids said:
1. Not really. Bioshock is a really really really good game. Either that or Galaxy was gonna win and I thought Bioshock would. I seriously did. :) I wonder what else Miyamoto will pull out of the hat for us.

2. Agreed
1. Yes really it looked like the smiley was having sex. thats what he ment, not bioshock lol.

Back