Super Smash Bros. Alternate Plot: The Rise of Nefirus

GigaRidley

Ouroboros
Jan 24, 2008
Larchmont, NY
Wii Online Code
4005-0628-2206-3853
Two years ago, on a cold winter’s day, a man named Phil Smith had an idea. A grand idea. He would gather a group of like-minded (that is to say, nerdy) people and write a story. And not just any story. A story featuring characters from some of the most beloved videogame of all time weaved together by good storytelling on a mass scale. But where would Phil go to recruit willing candidates to bring his ambitious idea to life? A place called Wiichat, the biggest unofficial Nintendo online community.
And so, what is known today as The Alternate Plot was born unto an unsuspecting world.

Back then, Wiichat was at its’ peak, and it had still seen nothing like this before. A fully structured, story driven roleplay was new here, and thanks to the talent of the writers involved, The Alternate Plot became widely known and read in the forums. People involved were even known as “Plotters” by the rest of the community after the title of the story. And, after five months and over one hundred pages of hard work, the groundbreaking story was finally complete. Despite an ending that, in retrospect, did not live up to the full legacy of the tale, the plot finished on a satisfying note that kept both the people who had worked on it and the people who had read it talking about it for months. In the wake of its’ success, many other story-driven roleplays began to crop up around WiiChat, including Realms, The Pokemon Roleplay, and Seekers of the Lost Treasure. While these were met with varying levels of success, all pay the respect to the original Alternate Plot that it is due. The original creative team, plus some fresh new faces, even began work on a follow up to the story dubbed The Alternate Plot: The Majestic Twelve. However, despite a decent run, the sequel didn’t deliver on the same level the original did and was scrapped midway through. Despite this disappointment, people still looked back on the original with fond memories.
But then came the WiiChat Apocalypse.
In the aftermath of the unfortunate event, the plotters still around were dismayed to discover their prize work gone! Sadly, The original Alternate Plot was one of the many threads destroyed in the Apocalypse. And for a while, all despaired of ever laying eyes on the original tale ever again. The Alternate Plot had become but a memory, never to be truly seen again...
... or so it seemed.

What I recently uncovered is that one of the original collaborators on the project, Blue Man, has kept most of the pages taken directly from the original story. He also edited a great deal of it already and condensed it slightly to make for a more readable story that flows better. He has given me these pages, and now, with just a few editing tweaks, the Alternate Plot will be readable once more.
Since this thing is huge (over 100 pages in Word, that's quite a bit) I've decided to split up the postings into chapter sections. I'll post sections of a chapter until the chapter is finished, then take a short break, then continue. It is my hope that, come March, the full plot will be available to read here. Until then, I do hope you'll join me in re-reading one of the best RPs on this site as it goes up.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

Super Smash Brothers
The Alternate Plot:

The Rise of Nefirus

Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writers: WMBQ, Blue Man, GigaRidley, sorabrawl, Disturbed, lbu, and many more! Thank you all!
Edited by Joshua Larrabee (Blue Man) and finished by Bryan Berg (GigaRidley)

PRESS START

Chapter One: The Return of the Shadow Bug

Link woke up late one morning on the Island of the Ancients. It had just finished being rebuilt from leftover Subspace matter about a month ago, and he, along with the rest of the heroes and heroines who saved the world from Subspace just over a year ago were living there peacefully with the ROBs. Still, something didn't seem right to him...

It was raining outside again. It had been raining every day for a week. Disappointed at the lack of good weather, he climbed down the ladder from his house. It was cold out because of the rain, but something still seemed eerie. The air had a strange, unnatural, purplish, blackish hue to it. He could've sworn he had seen it somewhere before.

Suddenly, his heart racing, he realized what it was from. Shadow Bugs! From Subspace! In a state of panic, he ran to the Master Hand's Temple. Link arrived at the temple panting. Inside it was very dark, illuminated only by a spotlight over Master Hand. The walls were white, but difficult to see because of the darkness. It wasn't very big inside, but it wasn't small either. The whole temple was composed only of the room in which Master Hand lived, only the size of an average classroom.

Master Hand turned to Link. Though he couldn't see Link, he could detect the Hylian's presence. "What is it, Link? It must be urgent, as you arrived panting." Master Hand's voice erupted from nowhere and everywhere at the same time. It echoed off every corner of the room, and was very low and dramatic.

“Master Hand, I- I saw- Outside- subspace," Link answered, breathing heavily at the same time.
Master Hand thought for a moment. It's not like Link to lie... I'm going to believe him, though it is very grave indeed. "Is it actually Subspace, Link, or is it Shadow Bug?”

“Shadow Bug,” Link panted.

“There must be a viable explanation,” Master Hand answered, “Though all evidence points toward the return of Tabuu,” he finished gravely.

“What should I do?” Link asked.

“At the moment, nothing. Shadow Bug itself is indestructible, only when it takes form can it be destroyed.” Link nodded. Disappointed, he left Master Hand's temple, went back to his house, and lay down in his bed worried.

OOC: Surprise!
Obviously, the normal chunks of plot I'll put up here are going to be much larger than this, I just wanted to put the prologue up for now. Please post and tell me what you think!

Last edited:
No way.

Just no way.

feckin WIN

I should probably show you guys a similar project I've been working on...
:shifty:

Oh my goodness my writing was so much worse two years ago... xD

I like to think Phil's Link has evolved into a more mature character.

The Black Knight was watching as the Shadow Bug began to take form. It was headed towards the center of the Island, where he believed Master Hand’s Temple to be. Had Tabuu returned to command his mindless servants? It wouldn’t be good news for the Black Knight if he had.

Tabuu was too powerful for the Black Knight's liking. But did he have to fear? His own armor was near indestructible. No one could rival him. Except for the child, Ike. He was in possession of a sword blessed by the goddess that could potentially destroy his own armor. The Black Knight wouldn't be able to warp out of a battle if the child was there, as Ike had stolen his warp powder long ago, after a battle in which Ike thought the Black Knight had died. He would just have to wait to see how the events would unfold. This was going to get interesting.

In Subspace, Ganondorf was speaking to himself. "It's time. I have been planning this moment ever since that day one year ago. Tabuu fought so viciously. But in the end he was overpowered and destroyed. But today, he will make his glorious resurrection." Ganondorf let out an evil laugh. "That very day I went out searching for even the slightest remnant of Tabuu. I managed to find a remaining piece of his Dark Essence." Ganondorf turned around to look at a small glowing blue orb floating right in front of him. "Now to complete the resurrection... the last item needed is one person with a single piece of the Triforce. How fortunate."

Ganondorf looked at his right hand. He reached out with it and placed it on the floating orb, smiling thinly as sparks of dark energy sprung from the connection. He closed his eyes. The Triforce symbol on the back of his hand started to glow as the sparks became huge, arcing thunderbolts of darkness. There was a bright flash. Ganondorf opened his eyes.
"Welcome back... Tabuu."

The Black Knight watched as Mario came out of a Subspace Portal, being chased by a squadron of Primids. The Black Knight ran towards the portal as fast as he could with his armor on, which was only a jog, but he was too late. The portal closed in front of him. Now that Mario had spotted him, his only option was to fight. He turned around swiftly and made the first strike...

But then Mario dodged and said, “Look!” in an Italian accent. Primids, one by one, were approaching. What can we do? Mario thought, looking at the Black Knight, as if expecting an answer.

"Hmf." Apparently these creatures were capable of opening portals at will. The Black Knight quickly fled, leaving Mario to fight them himself. Mario was probably expecting help. Ha! What a foolish Italian Plumber. But while the Black Knight was still laughing to himself, he was surrounded by more primids. Even with his armor, the Primids would be bothersome. He couldn’t be delayed with his agenda. If he was alive, it would be best to kill Tabuu now, when he would be weak from resurrection. He cut his way back to another portal, where he was transported to Subspace.

Again Mario fought these creatures. “Mama mia!” Mario guessed he was on his own then Primids of each kind came for the attack. A kick and punch and one by one they disappeared. Spinning around, Mario barely dodged a giant blast from a Scope Primid who had been hiding in the masses. In a jolt of surprise, he realized that all the Primids had distracted him by presenting easy targets. They were never this smart before.

Back at Link’s new house on the Island of the Ancients, the Hero of Time got out of bed. The raining Shadow Bug was getting worse; and his right hand hurt. He looked down on it and saw the top piece of the Triforce glowing red. Ganondorf, he thought. Whenever a piece of the Triforce was glowing, it meant the bearer of that particular Triforce was having a victory of some sort. He must be behind all of this. I don't care what Master Hand says, I'm going to fight.

He climbed down the ladder to see the situation worse than ever. The shadow bug was now literally raining. There were strange monsters he recognized as Primids everywhere, and his friend Mario was being overpowered by Shadow Bugs. It seemed as if they had obtained the DNA of Mario, and had recreated a Shadow Bug Mario. "Mario!" He called out, in fear for his friend. He dashed out toward the plumber to aid him. Without a word, he started repelling Shadow Bugs with his sword and shield, taking care so that they wouldn't touch him; but he was being overpowered. There were too many of them. Desperately, he ran away, but it was no good. There were millions- if not billions- of them, and Primids were taking form by the second.

"Ya!" Link spun around with his sword outstretched like a tornado in a motion he called the Spin Attack. It threw the Shadow Bugs off of him. Link was pleased for a moment, but a Shadow Bug Link appeared next to him. They touched me! He realized. The rest of the Shadow Bugs were no longer interested, so they disappeared. The Primids backed off as well.

Knowing that Shadow Bug versions of people couldn't speak or understand anything but kill, he walked up to his Shadow Bug twin and drew his Master Sword. Without muttering a word, he began to spar with his clone.

It made the first blow, with a jab at Link's stomach, but Link easily parried it. Though it was a clone of him, Link realized that it was not as strong or quick-witted as he. After a few seconds of fancy sword motions, he jabbed Shadow Bug Link in the stomach. It fell to the ground. Grabbing its wound, but dead Shadow Bug was spilling out by the second until there was nothing left of Shadow Bug Link. The Shadow Bug dissolved. Link heaved a momentary sigh of relief, but then remembered Mario was still in trouble. He dashed over to aid his friend.

To his horror, he realized there was a new foe. He didn't know who it was, but it looked ominous; covered in black armor. It could speak, too, so Link knew it wasn't made of Shadow Bug. He ran even faster to help Mario square off against this new enemy, but by the time he caught up, he was already gone.

~Somewhere Deep in Subspace~

“How long has it been?” asked Tabuu.

“About one year,” replied Ganondorf.

“Huh... you brought me back a lot quicker than I expected.”

“You underestimate my power, master.”

“I admit you do have great power. That’s why I put you in charge of bringing me back to life after they killed me. It all went according to my plan. Ganondorf, for now I will put you in command of the Shadow Bug!”

“I figured you would say that. So I already sent them to invade the newly reformed Island of the Ancients.”

“Good... In due time their whole world will be engulfed by the subspace. And I will rule them all!” As Tabuu vanished, Ganondorf looked at a special portal that showed him what was going on at the Island of the Ancients.

Tabuu's plan actually worked. By making them think he was destroyed for good, they got too relaxed and stopped fighting for the past year. Now it seems like their skills have gotten rusty. Ganondorf spotted Link and Mario desperately fighting off the Shadow Bug. Ganondorf let out an evil laugh.

I'm sure Link's Triforce has alerted him of my great victory this day. Perhaps when he and I next meet in battle, I will show him the true power of the subspace.

By the time Mario was about to be blasted by a giant scope primid, he had already run up to it and killed it with his powerful fist. Mario repeated this over and over again. The battle seemed to go on forever. He wouldn’t be able to keep this up for much longer without being killed himself.

Ganondorf watched Mario fight off the primids from the safety of Subspace. "Heh... lets make this a bit more interesting." He reached out and a shadow bug touched him. The shadow bug took on the shape and abilities of Ganondorf. But since it is just a crude clone he is not anywhere near as powerful as the real Ganondorf, but still powerful enough to defeat Mario.

“Go to the real world and kill that pesky plumber.”

The clone responded with a mere nod, not being able to talk. He opened up a portal to the real world and entered it. The portal then disappeared. Ganondorf turned back to the watching portal. Let’s see how great your fighting abilities really are, Mario.

Back in the Smash World, among all the Primids, Mario saw Ganondorf, glowing purple. He came back, Mario thought. Oh great. Then Mario gave a strong blow to the Shadow Ganondorf, but the being blocked it with a fist. Mario shared punches with Ganondorf, fighting him with extreme stamina. Then Mario felt a chill. Was his enemy’s strength coming back?

“Ganondorf!” Mario was yelling, which was unusual. Something had really come over him. Mario ran as fast as he had ever before, jumping high, ready for a strong, finishing punch. But the Shadow of Ganondorf had his fist outstretched. Mario wasn’t entirely sure what had happened. But he did know that he was turning into a trophy, and Shadow Ganondorf was turning back into mere Shadow Bug, before disintigrating.

Back in Subspace, Ganondorf was watching the viewing portal again. "Just as I thought. They have all become a bunch of pathetic weaklings who don't stand a chance of stopping us now.” Ganondorf waved his hand over the portal and a hologram of an irritated Tabuu appeared.

“I have something I need to ask you, master.”

“What is it Ganondorf?”

“I just sent out a clone of myself to face Mario. Mario delivered a strong finishing blow to the clone... but at the same time the clone defeated Mario, turning him into a trophy. What are your orders? Should I go retrieve the trophy?”

Tabuu thought about this for a few seconds. “No leave it there. Let some one else find him. It will be a warning to all of the great power of subspace. You should also know that you and I are the only ones who know I'm back. Other might have a hunch, but they’re not certain. Please keep it this way until I say otherwise.”

“I understand. And another thing... my nemesis, Link, still seems to be pretty powerful. His skills haven't gotten rusty like the others. Would you like me to take care of him personally?”

“No, he is currently taking on many shadow bugs. They will overpower him in time. Also since he was near Mario when your clone attacked him, Link probably saw it all happen, but couldnt get their to save Mario in time. This means that Link is currently aware that you’re still alive. And that you’re not intending to help the real world.”

“Yes, my Master.” Tabbu disappeared and Link appeared in the portal fighting the Shadow Bug again. Tabuu underestimates you Link. Knowing you, there’s no way you’re going to go down by a bunch of shadowbugs. You will die by my hands.

Ridley stood in the pouring rain on a tree trunk. “So this is the new Island of the Ancients… hmm…” He flexed his claws.

“I have my new master to thank for my reborn body… he has proven himself as a worthy successor to Tabuu…” Suddenly he stiffened.

“I sense a presence… could it be… Tabuu? No matter… Nefirus shall absorb him like the others; Tabuu is nothing compared to his might.”

Ridley let loose a harsh, growling laugh. Suddenly, he sensed the Black Knight’s presence in the subspace world. He sent him a telepathic message:

“Ah… just the man I’ve been looking for. This is Ridley, leader of the Space Pirates. Your talents are renowned far and wide, and my master would like to make a deal with you. He’s not Tabuu, by the way… there’s more than one master of Subspace now.”

OOC: Just made a couple grammatical fixes.

Last edited:
Awesome, it's good to know these files still exist. I don't even think I got to finish reading the original.

Jigglypuff came out of nowhere and tapped Mario’s trophy. But as Mario came back to life, a Primid killed her. Mario watched in horror as Jigglypuff died. She didn’t turn into a trophy… These things must be more powerful than we thought.

Mario managed to get on enough without Link, but the Primids just kept coming. "Mario!” He called, "We need to abandon the Island! There's no hope..."

But he quickly changed his mind as he saw a battalion of ROBs appear from their factory. They were forced to be allied with Subspace last time, but for the last year, they lived a peaceful and neighborly life among the other characters, like they had before Subspace existed.

"Link sir what we do now yes?" asked one R.O.B. The way they spoke was difficult for Link to understand, because their Hylian grammar was horrible. However, Link had gotten used to the peculiar way they spoke.

"I am very relieved to see you," Link sighed. "Attack the Primids. If you see any familiar faces of evil, attack them, too. This is all Ganondorf's doing." He spoke the last few words with all of the contempt he could muster.

Obediently, the ROBs simultaneously fired their bright red, narrow beams across the battlefield. They burned many Primids.

"Good!" Link called. "Now do an all out attack! We might have a chance at saving this island as long as no Subspace bombs go off!" Once again, very obediently, the R.O.B.s charged. It was now not as much an invasion as a war.

~Subspace~

The Black Knight looked around Subspace. Ridley was nowhere to be found. He must be back at the Island of Ancients. He wished that stupid dragon had bothered to tell him where he was. No matter. The purple beast was better than Tabuu. Tabuu. I will never alliance myself with any one as reckless as to leave himself exposed and get himself killed. The new master Ridley spoke of is my only chance of moving up in Subspace and this Smash World.

Just as the Black Knight was about to exit Subspace, the portal disappeared. He turned around to face Ganondorf. Tabuu must have sent him to kill me. Perhaps I can trick him. But Ganondorf didn't look like he was going to mess around.

~The Forest in the Island of the Ancients~

Ridley hesitated. “Hmm... I sense Ganondorf is near. The Black Knight might need more help... I wouldn't want him to die, the bandits I tortured for information spoke very highly of him. I must not fail the master... good warriors are too hard to find these days. And the Black Knight has a very special job indeed... I would do it myself, but master still thinks I am not good enough to fight her... no matter, he shall see soon enough.”

“Primids, come forth!” A small squadron of Primids began sprouting out of the ground. “Open a path to Subspace! Now!" Ridley ordered.

“Yes, master,” said the Primids in a monotone. They raised their hands and opened a portal to the subspace realm. Ridley flew through it. Just stay alive, Black Knight... you may be the only one who can finish the master's plan and capture Samus Aran.

~Subspace~

The Black Knight heard Ridley loud and clear. Samus Aran? The bounty hunter would make for an interesting foe. It was obvious that Ganondorf could not hear Ridley. Telepathy. He’s using telepathy.

“You must be the Black Knight,” said Ganondorf. “My master, Tabbu, knows of your great skills in battle. So he has sent me to have a little talk with you.”

"Well. What was it he wanted to tell me?"

“Tabuu has sent me to bring you back to him. He wants to talk to you himself. And you will come. Even if it's by force.”

“I'm afraid not. If he wants to talk to me, he can come get me himself.” Ridley, where are you? The Black Knight looked around for any sign of the purple creature, but didn't see him anywhere.

"You’re not even going to fight? Obviously Tabuu overestimated your powers if you don’t know who holds the power in this world. Very well, if that’s the way it’s going to be," Ganondorf drew his sword and said "then I'll just take you by force." Ganondorf charged towards the Black Knight and made the first move.

The Black Knight easily dodged the first strike from Ganondorf. "You seem a little frustrated. Perhaps that's why you can't hit me! I have heard you have a temper." The Black Knight quickly looked around for an opening portal. He soon found one. Many, in fact. Primids were racing back into Subspace. Perhaps Master Hand is coming out of his hole, thought the Black Knight. Ha Ha! Those Primids will be no match for him. The enemy is losing. That's my que to report to my new master. "Here's my stop." The Black Knight retreated through one of the portals, to find himself back on the Island of the Ancients. Hopefully Ganondorf won't bother to follow me here.”

The Black Knight looked up to see Ridley flying in the distance. He didn't bother to see if Master Hand had come out or not. All he cared about right now was meeting his new master.

“Hop on my back!” shouted Ridley. The Black Knight did so, and they were off. He looked around. Behind him he could see the Island of the Ancients. It wasn't his style to ride anything, never mind dragons, but it would do for now. He hoped Ridley was taking him to this new master. He didn't want to ask, because if he did, he might seem suspicious. And seeming suspicious was the last thing he wanted to do right now.

Ridley turned his head back to look at Black Knight. "I'm glad you've chosen to accept the master's offer, you will soon be rewarded... Ah, here we are." Ridley slowly lowered himself down to the ground. Ahead of them was the Terra Firma, newly renamed the Smash Dome, as Nefirus had added a roof to the arena where Kirby and Mario had fought a year ago. A ring of Subspace energy surrounded it.

"Pardon me for not introducing you to my master just yet, but you must prove yourself. In order to further his plans, he requires Samus Aran and her power suit. I would get her myself, but..." Ridley looked back towards the SmashDome. "She has defeated me more than once, and my master does not feel I am ready. Your mission is to bring Samus back... alive. You must also leave her power cannon intact, but do not worry about damaging the rest of her armor. Besides, according to our scouts, she doesn’t train with her armor, so this should be all the easier for you. When you complete your mission, return here. My master will be waiting."

~The Island of the Ancients, Near Master Hand’s Temple

Link looked up, and to his pleasant surprise, the Shadow Bug rain was letting up. It became a sunny day, but on the ground, it was anything but sunny. the ROB's and the Primids were fighting bitterly. He could see dead Subspace matter and machine parts strew all over the place.

He watched on. To his horror, he saw Ridley, one of his old foes. “Ridley's back!” Thought Link. “I thought we killed both him and his robot reincarnation, Meta Ridley!” But before Link could react, Black Knight rode on Ridley's back away from the Island of the Ancients.

Then Link saw Ganondorf rushing out of Subspace via a portal. He ran toward Ganondorf, sword at the ready. Quietly, he thrust his sword at Ganondorf's back. He prayed that the Gerudo had not seen it coming, as his back was turned while Link struck. But Ganondorf had heard him, despite him being quiet, and the battle continued.

Meanwhile, in Master Hand's temple, Master Hand muttered to himself: "It's time for my return. It is graver outside than ever before." Slowly, he emerged from his temple for the first time in a year.

He tried using his powers to the full extent, but it would not work. Without panicking, he realized that the gashes caused by the light ropes that Tabuu had him attached to one year ago had drained his powers somewhat. “My fighting is now justified,” he thought to himself.

Seeing some Primids, he fired red beams using his four fingers at them, and they burned. He moved onward, taking many the Primids by surprise, and killed them, until the number of ROBs outnumbered the Primids. He hovered for a while, watching, but not fighting. Then out of the corner of his vision, he saw Link facing off with Ganondorf. He rushed over and punched Ganondorf in the side.

~The Smash Dome~

"Leave Samus alive... And her cannon intact... You really don't want to make this easy for me, do you? I suppose I'm in no place to complain, though. What is her location? Or do you expect me to find her?"

"Our Primid scouts have learned that she spends nearly every day training in the weapons complex of the Isle of the Ancients,” replied Ridley. “I wouldn’t be surprised if she modified some of the weapons there for her training, so she may have a controlling device for them…Beware. But once again, that shouldn’t be a problem, since our scouts have reported that she doesn’t train with her armor.”

“So this new master can also control Primids,” the Black Knight thought. “I’m surprised those pathetic soulless creatures were able to find Samus Aran.”

Ridley flew past the Smash Dome until the Isle of the Ancients came back into sight. He dropped into the forest on the edge.

The giant organism spoke to Nefirus’s new recruit."I must return to the master... The training facility is just outside of this swampy forest. Find Samus and her cannon, and carry her back to the Smash Dome. My master will meet you there." Ridley prepared to fly off, but stopped and said one last thing.

"Don't underestimate her; she's stronger than you'd think. Trust me; I know from personal experience." And with that, Ridley flew off towards the Smash Dome.

“I bet you would know, you stupid dragon,” the Black Knight thought. The Black Knight walked through the forest; it was thick and difficult to move through with all his armor on. But he didn't take it off, especially with Samus Aran nearby. He spotted some Primids. They attacked him, and assuming they were under Ganondorf's control, he quickly cut right through them. Weaklings. Hopefully Aran will be more of a challenge than this.

That was when he heard a small ting! behind him. Then, more: ting ting ting! It was Samus's power beam shots, bouncing off his back. The Black Knight chuckled silently to himself and smiled under his amor.

"Is this all the great Samus Aran can do? Is this all she has? Then I’m glad you came to me, and saved me the walk.” The girl remained hidden, which annoyed him. Was such a great bounty hunter as herself going to hide?

Samus remained quiet. She couldn't afford being spotted by the Black Knight. Even though the jungle terrain was on her side, and he probably couldn't catch her anyways, she didn't want to risk it. Her heart was pumping with fear. Most of her opponents were at least somewhat affect by her power beam shots…

"Are you going to fight me? Or just hide?" The Black Knight's voice wasn't loud, but the noise pounded in Samus's brain. She had never been this afraid before. In fact, she usually never got afraid at all. But the Black Knight scared her like no tomorrow. He was behind her. Right behind her. She didn't know why he wasn't attacking, but she could sense him. He was so close she could almost feel him.

"Why aren't you attacking me?" Samus asked, her back still turned.

"I felt that you deserved to see your killer." The Black Knight could see that Samus was wearing her Varia Suit. “Stupid dragon. She has her suit on,”he thought.

"And does that justify this hunt?" She asked.

"It does for me. Besides, who are you to speak of justice? You're a bounty hunter. A mercenary. You save people for hire."

"At least I save them!" And with that Samus whirled around and fired a missle right at the Black Knight. It hit him dead on, but Samus didn't want to take any chances. She fired three more at him, then ran.

As the dust settled, Samus turned around to see the Black Knight lying flat in the swamp water of the jungle. His armor isn't even pierced! Could he really have survived that?

The Black Knight got up. "You didn't honestly think that was enough to stop me, did you? Foolish child. Only a sword blessed by the goddess can destroy this armor."

"Than I'll just have to tear it off of you!" As she spoke the words, Samus fired two super missiles at the Black Knight. It him in the shoulder. He fell down again, and this time, when he got up, he was missing a piece of the armor on his left shoulder. Though she couldn't see his face, Samus knew the Black Knight was suprised. But then, something happened that she didn't expect. The Black Knight threw his sword at her, and she fell down on the ground as it hit her.

As the Black Knight walked over, Samus tried to get up. But as she did so, he grabbed her and punched her in the face. She fell unconscious. "Hopefully that power beam of yours is still working," said the Black Knight as he carried her body back. Now to find Ridley.

Mario was back in battle, and stronger than ever. He saw Ganondorf swatted to the side by Master Hand. Mario ganged up on Ganondorf with Link. “It’s three versus one, Ganondorf,” said Mario. While the odds appeared to be in their favor, Ganondorf hadn’t taken a hit since Master Hand had punched him. Then bash! Mario and link flew back. What had happened? Master hand had fallen. How? We had this battle! Mario thought. He was sure link thought the same way. This was going to be a tough battle after all. Shadow bug Master Hand appeared. Now it was a two on two battle. It looked purple, with an unusual glow. Shadow Hand and Ganondorf versus Mario and Link. How could they defeat Ganondorf and Master Hand? Even they had to admit, Ganondorf was rather clever. But they weren’t thinking about that too much. Ganondorf was attacking again.

Master Hand shook off the Shadow Bugs; they were very annoying. He realized that a Shadow Bug clone had been made from his DNA. He sighed telepathically, then suddenly turned to Link and Mario. "You two... I have to go. It's urgent, and I may be too late already." Master Hand sped off, leaving Mario and Link to fight Ganondorf and Shadow Master Hand.

"Mario! You take Shadow Master Hand! I'll ward off against Ganondorf... it's a personal matter.”
OOC: BOSS- SHADOW HAND

Meanwhile, Master Hand was flying off to the abandoned Subspace Bomb factory. His counterpart deity, Crazy Hand, was in trouble. He received a telepathic message from the god of destruction crying out for help. Though many people and ROBs refused to believe it, Crazy Hand was allied with the good.

Master Hand was receiving messages from Crazy Hand regarding directions about his whereabouts, and he was uttering "Nefirus... Nefirus..." Master Hand had never heard of Nefirus. Whatever it was, it sounded evil.

Suddenly, the connections stopped. That had never happened before. Master Hand stopped charging and fidgeted a little, perplexed. Then he realized with horror. If he and Crazy Hand lost their connection, then… No! He wouldn’t go there. But there was no other explanation. Crazy Hand was dead.

Heartbroken and lacking of energy, Master Hand descended to the ground and lay there. He was above the forest when he realized Crazy Hand was dead, so naturally, he landed in the forest.

He heard voices and heavy footsteps. Looking around, he saw Samus Aran, one of the heroines from a year ago. She was the one who defeated Ridley. She was being carried by a new foe he did not recognize, but he looked rather sinister. "Stop!" Ordered Master Hand. "Who are you? Why are you kidnapping Samas Aran?" The Black Knight had reached a clearing, and found himself back at the clearing near Master Hand’s Temple. He would have to think quickly if he wanted to finish the job…

~The Smash Dome~

Ridley perched on one of the spires of the SmashDome, overlooking the twisted forest before him. Black Knight should be here soon... Ridley smiled. Soon, the Black Knight would return, he was sure of it. Nefirus's plan was falling into place. He would take the technology from Samuses arm cannon and drain her of some of her energy. And then, Nefirus had promised Ridley the honor of torturing and killing her... finally, he would get revenge on her filthy human hide. Ridley smiled menacingly, his sharp teeth glinting in the setting sun. What fun he would have.

Ridley suddenly detected a power surge. It seemed to sway the trees around him, like a hard blast of wind. A powerful being must have fallen in battle, he thought. He noticed a pulsating armored shape gliding through the sky towards the dome. Nefirus... there he is, I was wondering where he had gone to. Hmm... he must have absorbed the God of Destruction. That's what the power surge was, I assume. His power has increased drastically, it's affecting the surrounding environment!
Beneath Nefirus's shadow, grass was turning black and setting on fire. The sky around him looked warped, as though he was in water and the light was being refracted. He flew far above Ridley and landed somewhere in the SmashDome.

"There's no need to greet Nefirus now," muttered Ridley. Perhaps I should go find Black Knight; he's taking longer than I expected.

As Ridley opened his wings and began to slowly fly into the sky, he knew that soon, all this would be destroyed. Subspace would consume everything that is good and right, just like Nefirus had planned. And he liked it that way.

The fight between Ganondorf and Shadow Master Hand against Link and Mario was a heated one. Suddenly Ganondorf felt a rise in some unknown power. It felt strangely familiar. It felt somewhat similar to Tabuu’s power signature, but different somehow. He turned to shadow Master Hand. "I have to go talk to Tabuu. I trust you can hold these two of on your own for a while." At that Ganondorf turned, opened a portal, and left the fight."

Ganondorf exited the portal right in front of Tabuu. “Master, I urgently need to speak with you.”

“I know Ganondorf... I feel it to. However, you have failed your mission.”

“Ridley showed up and carried the Black Knight away. Before I could react, Link, Mario, and Master Hand attacked me.”

“I see. Well, it seems as if we have a new enemy. And the Black Knight is working for him.”

Tabuu opened up a portal and saw the Black Knight being carrying Samus Aran. And Master Hand was trying to stop him. Then Tabuu realized: he wasn’t trying to stop to Black Knight, but he was just talking to him. “Fool! Don’t you realize he is allied with Ridley?” Ganondorf thought.

“I do not know if Master Hand will be able to stop Ridley on his own,” said Tabuu. “And who knows what the Black Knight is up to? Seeing as this may be a matter of the up-most importance, I will go to the Smash World myself. I will defeat both the Master Hand and Black Knight and bring Samus back here. Ganondorf, you’re just going to stay here and watch.

Tabuu opened up a portal to the smash world and appeared right in front of the Black Knight and Master Hand. He was more powerful now than he was a year ago, when he was too weak to leave Subspace. That wouldn’t be a problem any longer.

“I'm back... are you surprised? In one sweeping motion, Tabuu took down Master Hand and than followed up his attack on the Black Knight with his lasers. The Black Knight managed to dodge it, and Master hand didn’t seem to be too hurt by the impact. Tabuu must have been in a weak state, as he was newly resurrected.

“No,” said Master Hand. “It can’t be. We killed you!”

“Yes. You killed me. But you failed to destroy me!” At that Tabuu began to open up another portal leading to subspace.

Nefirus sped across the sky towards the forest. His red pupiless eyes scanned the ground for the fighters. Suddenly, he spotted Tabuu, Master Hand, the girl, and the knight. He slowly landed in the middle of all of them.

All present had their eyes fixed on Nefirus, who was truly terrible to behold. He stood over 7 feet in height, in huge, bulky armor made entirely of Subspace. The armor itself seemed to exude evil, and it's ornate breastplate had the symbol of Subspace upon it. Nefirus's hands were more like long, dexterous claws, both made of pure darkness, a shadow made tangible. His feet were long and slender, trailing off into wisps of smoke as though they burned with each step he took. His face was one out of the darkest depths of a nightmare: No features to speak of except eyes that glowed with an unnatural fiery-red color, a glance from them would be enough to make the average man fall to his knees. It was pure-black and purple, shadow of the darkest kind, and ended in a long wisp like his feet. His whole body seemed to radiate darkness and despair as he folded up his huge shadow wings into his armor and stared down Tabuu.

TABUU,” said Nefirus. His voice sounded like a thousand different voices speaking in unison. "HOW DARE YOU... INTERUPPT MY PLANS? I AM NEFIRUS... THE NEW MASTER OF SUBSPACE. I AM MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU EVER WERE. AND I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL STILL... ONCE I ABSORB THE GOD OF CREATION… MASTER HAND. THIS GIRL IS VITAL TO MY PLANS... YOU WILL NOT INTERRUPT THEM!

"I knew you would come,” said Tabuu. "However, Subspace is under my control. Your power resembles my own. But it is of a weaker form. Why you need this girl, I do not know. But I do know you’re not going to get her that easily!”

WE SHALL SEE WHO THE WEAKER ONE IS!

The Black Knight saw a new being in front of him. "Are you my new master? Perhaps we should leave before we are distracted by another battle. Though if you want me to take care of Master Hand, I will."

Nefirus glanced at Black Knight. "HOLD OFF MASTER HAND... TABUU IS MINE TO FIGHT, AND MINE ALONE. MAKE SURE THE GIRL'S ARM CANNON IS SAFE. I NEED IT TO FINISH MY PLAN." Suddenly, a glowing lance materialized in Nefirus's hand. He looked at Tabuu.

"ANY LAST WORDS?" Nefirus dashed towards Tabuu, lance outstretched to impale him.

OOC: Probably has some italics mistakes and such... I'll fix it up a bit more later.

Last edited:
OOC: Since I didn't post anything yesterday, I'll finish up the chapter today. Also, post your comments about this here, guys! I'd rather it not be just a chain of me dp-ing. :(

Tabuu vanished and Nefirus's attack missed. Tabuu reappeared behind Nefirus. "Come on, you should know me better than that, Nerfirus. Your movements. Your attacks. They’re all very similar to mine! I know all the tactics of Subspace. You should know better than to think that such slow, weak attacks could defeat me." Tabuu fired a beam of subspace energy straight at Nefirus.

But Nefirus simply blocked it. "VERY PRIMITIVE; A SIMPLE BLAST. LET ME SHOW YOU SOMETHING I LEARNED WHEN I ABSORBED THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION."
Nefirus raised his lance, and five missiles that were near identical to the ones Crazy Hand had used, except they were surrounded by subspace energy and homed in on Tabuu.

Tabuu was not expecting this. He had a hunch that Nerfirus absorbed crazy hand but he didn’t know he could copy his abilities. These missiles were faster than the ones crazy hand used. Tabuu vanished and appeared behind nerfirus. He was about to shoot another beam when he noticed somthing about the missiles.
"They’re following me." Tabuu vanished again and appeared behind the missles this time. When the missles turned around he released a lot of energy from his body, a technique similar to the Off Waves, but weaker, and it instantly destroyed the missles. "How are you doing this? How could you absorb him like that?" Tabuu asked Nerfirus. He turned to Master Hand. "Leave you fool. Run now. If you don't, it could mean death for us all. Even me." He turned his back to Nefirus.
“Ganondorf where are you?" he muttered to himself. He wished he hadn’t told that fool to stay in Subspace.

Meanwhile, Ridley saw sparks of energy flying from the forest. It looks like Tabuu and Nefirus are fighting Ridley thought. Nefirus better get serious and finish Tabuu; if we wait too long here things could get difficult...

Master Hand looked at Black Knight, Tabuu, and Nefirus, clearly confused. "Why are you carrying Samus? Who is the one attacking Tabuu?" He demanded. To himself, he muttered, "The only thing I really want right now is to find and destroy Nefirus... so I can avenge the death of Crazy Hand!"

The Black Knight looked at the white glove in front of him. Hoping Nefirus didn't hear him, the Black Knight said: "I am the Black Knight. You must be Master Hand. I found this girl in the forest. She was knocked unconscious by some sort of purple dragon. Perhaps we can join forces? I am looking for Ganondorf." The Black Knight was hoping that Master Hand would believe his lie. Trying to use the same telepathy Ridley had used on himself, he thought: Ridley, take Samus and bring her to the Master. I'll have to meet him later. Right now I am trying to fool Master Hand.

Ridley heard Black Knight's call weakly. “Alright, I'm on my way... be careful with Master Hand, there's a reason he's called a deity.” Ridley sped off towards the forest.

“Okay. Tell me more of this as I bring you back to where Link and Mario are fighting the Primids. We also need to rejuvenate Samus as soon as possible. Follow me. I shall let these two warriors battle without my interference; as I am still weak and rusty of battle." Master Hand floated off smoothly going east toward his temple and Smash City, the capital of Smash World, where the Dresentes, the prominent species, lived.

Suddenly he stopped and turned around. "Exactly who was the warrior dueling with Tabuu?" He asked. "Answer me not, and I shall destroy you," he said peacefully, as if there was no pressure on the question.

Ganondorf watched in amazement as the fight between Nefirus and Tabuu got underway. Tabuu had told him earlier to stay behind, but how was he going to prove himself doing that? Ganondorf turned around and opened a portal leading to the smash world. "I will not fail again."

"How should I know who is fighting Tabuu? I've never seen either one of them before."
Ridley,’ he thought, ‘come take Samus from me and get out of here, thought the Black Knight. I’ll stay with Master Hand. Be careful, because Master Hand thinks I’m on his side. Don’t do anything that would make him think otherwise.’

"Liar!" Master Hand shouted. "He addressed you by name. I will give you one more chance. Who is he?!"
"Master Hand, I’ve told you, you have to run!" Shouted Tabuu. Tabuu turned his fist into a sharp sword and lunged at Nefirus with it. Master Hand wasn’t listening to Tabuu. He was waiting for an answer.

Nefirus put up his lance and the subspace beam simply bounced off of it into a tree, setting it on fire. Nefirus turned back to Tabuu. “DON'T WORRY…ABOUT MASTER HAND. WORRY... ABOUT YOURSELF!”

Nefirus began to shake and his aura got even larger. The earth around him began to shake. There was no doubt about it; Nefirus was using his true power now. "IMPRESSIVE, NO? BUT THIS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT I SHALL BE LIKE ONCE I ABSORB YOU AND MASTER HAND. NOW, HELP ME BECOME COMPLETE!!!" Nefirus raised his lance and sent a stream of shadow bugs out at high speed to attack Tabuu.

Tabuu released a lot of energy from his body again. Now having done so, he was starting to feel a little weakened. It can't be. This great power. Just from absorbing Crazy Hand. He's not even complete yet. Any longer and Nefirus will kill me… Tabuu caught something out of the corner of his eye. It was a subspace portal. A dangerous looking figure stepped out of the portal.

When you arrive, Ridley,” the Black Knight thought using telepathy, “don't call out to me. Instead attack me, as if you were the enemy. You don't need to worry about harming me. Get Samus and get out of here. I can handle them myself.

"Alright, I'll tell you,” said the Black Knight, addressing Master Hand again. “But don't let him know that I told you. You see, I'm trying to trick him. His name is Nefirus. I don't know much else, but by the way Ridley praises him, he must be pretty powerful. Maybe even more powerful than Tabuu. By the way, where is Tabuu?"

“He’s the one who’s not in the armor.”

“That is him? Than Nefirus is indeed much more powerful. I imagined Tabuu being much greater. He seems pretty pathetic to me.”

“That would be because he was recently revived… probably by Ganondorf.”

As they were speaking, Ridley swooped down and snatched the unconscious Samus from the Black Knight, knocking him down in the process. "Oof... What happened? Where is the girl?" The Black Knight asked, pretending to be surprised.

“Looks like I'm just in time." said Ganondorf as he watched Tabuu fighting Nefirus. He turned to the Black knight and Master hand. He than spots Samus's arm cannon laying on the ground. It had fallen off of her when Ridley swooped to attack. "Good, it's still here. I was worried somebody would have already taken it. Normally I'd stay here and have a little fun fighting you two. But this is a mission of great importance." Ganondorf raised his right hand. The triforce symbol was glowing on it.

"Now, behold my true form. Ganondorf began to transform in front of the Black knight and Master Hand, until a giant beast was standing in front of them. Ganon lets out a loud roar and pounces on Master Hand, knocking him to the ground. He than charges toward the black knight and headbutts him, sending the black knight flying back into a tree. Ganon than picks up the power canon in his mouth, careful not to break it, and jumps back into the still open portal. the portal closes immediately after. Tabuu lets out a sigh of relief. "I'd like to stay and fight you for a while, Nefirus, but I have other business to attend to." At that Tabuu vanished.

"NO! YOU COWARD! I NEED THAT CANNON!" screamed Nefirus as he noticed the arm cannon being stolen. The trees shook as he vented his anger. As he began to calm down, his aura returned to normal. "RIDLEY, DO YOU HAVE THE GIRL?" Nefirus spoke telepathically.

“Yes, but most her armor fell off. I don't have the arm cannon. Master, I'm so sorry...”

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, TABUU WAS AN UNFORESEEN OBSTACLE. IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT. I SHALL HAVE THAT CANNON SOON ENOUGH ANYWAY... RIDLEY, RETURN TO THE SMASHDOME WITH THE GIRL AND THE KNIGHT. I'LL MEET YOU THERE." Nefirus sped off towards the SmashDome.

Meanwhile, the Black Knight put his empty hand on his head. “That was some hit, he thought. Was tha the beast Ganon? He's more powerful than I imagined he would be. He warped to the Smash Dome quickly, and found Ridley there.

~The Smash Dome~

"I presume you want me to get the canon back myself? Or have I already proven myself to Nefirus?"

“Don't worry about it," Ridley said. "Nefirus understands that the events that transpired were beyond your control." Ridley gestured to Samus, still unconscious in his hand. "Nefirus believes that in capturing Samus, you have proved yourself worthy. He is ready to see you." Ridley walked through the ring of subspace energy surrounding the dome and went inside.

~Subspace~

"Ha! I didn't want to show them my true power, but I had no choice," muttered Ganondorf, now back in his normal form, holding the arm canon.

"You've done well Ganondorf." Tabuu had just appeared behind Ganondorf.

"I wasn't about to lose two times in a row." He handed Tabuu the arm cannon.

"I wondered what use Nefirus had for this."

"Who knows?” replied Ganondorf. “But he's not gonna get it. Shall I destroy it?"

"No. I don't know what this is but it has some strange power source in it. I think it would be extremely dangerous to destroy it."

"They’re going to try to get it back."

"I am more than aware of that."

"Huh... Well, as long as I'm under your command they'll never get it back. They'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Which as you know is not possible except by a few select weapons."

"Yes. Now I must leave. I have business to take care of. And one more thing. Keep an eye on Master Hand. If you have the even the slightest suspicion of Nefirus planning to absorb him, tell me immediately."

"I understand," said Ganondorf. Tabuu vanished. Ganondorf turned around and opened another portal that allowed him to watch the others. Master Hand appeared in the portal, looking for Link.

~The Smash Dome~

Five minutes later, the Black Knight saw Nefirus in front of him. He knew it was him. An aura of energy surrounded him. The Black Knight got on both knees and bowed. Nefirus's lair was inside the SmashDome. Everything was extremely run down; no one had used it for fighting for the past year. A gigantic machine was on the platform where Mario and Kirby had fought. It only looked half finished.
"Master. Forgive me for losing the power canon. I have brought you the girl."

Nefirus looked down at Black Knight. "YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF... DO NOT WORRY ABOUT LOSING THE CANNON. I SHALL HAVE IT BACK SOON ENOUGH.”

While they talked, Samus opened one eye, then closed it. Subspace. Perfect. Everything's going according to plan. As soon as I get out of here I can find and kill Tabuu. Samus remained as silent as she could. Her plan wouldn't work if they noticed she was conscious again. She dared not to breathe.

But Nefirus was smarter than her. He walked to where Samus was lying and lifted her up by the waist. "YOU CAN STOP PRETENDING TO BE UNCONSCIOUS, I KNOW YOU'RE AWAKE. YOU NEED TO LEARN SOME RESPECT, GIRL!" Nefirus reached down with his other hand and touched Samus's forehead. Power coursed through his hand and he absorbed much of Samus’s energy. He dropped the weakened Samus to the ground.

"AH, NOW I FEEL A BIT STRONGER. YOU'RE STILL AWAKE, I KNOW. I DIDN’T DRAIN ALL YOUR POWER. BUT YOU WON"T BE ABLE TO MOVE FOR A BIT. RIDLEY, TAKE THE PRISONER TO THE CELL!"

"Yes, sir!" Ridley picked up Samus and walked through a door to the right of the platform.

“NOW WHERE WAS I? AH, YES."
Nefirus pointed to the unfinished machine. "BLACK KNIGHT, WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT IS?"

The Black Knight looked at the machine and studied it for a moment. "It looks like some sort of giant weapon to me, my Master." The Black Knight thought back to Master Hand. He had to get back to him soon so he would still believe that he was allied with Master Hand, Link, and Mario. He was smart enough not to tell Nefirus; he knew from experience that Masters did not like having servants with their own agendas.

"YOU'RE QUITE RIGHT. THIS IS THE REASON I REQUIRE SAMUS ARAN'S ARM CANNON- I REQUIRE ITS TECHNOLOGY. USING THE DESIGN FROM HER CANNON I CAN COMPLETE THIS CANNON, THE OFF CANNON. BUT IT'S NOT JUST ANY ORDINARY CANNON. YOU MAY RECALL THAT WHEN THAT FOOL TABUU TRIED TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD JUST A YEAR AGO, HE USED SUBSPACE BOMBS TO DRAW IN THE REAL WORLD PIECE BY PIECE. THIS CANNON IS FAR MORE EFFICIENT. IT WILL FIRE A BEAM OF SUBSPACE INTO THE SKY, BLANKETING THE WORLD IN THE SUBSPACE VOID IN ONE SHOT." Nefirus paused for a moment.

"YOU MUST NOW FINISH THE MISSION YOU WERE ORIGINALLY ASSIGNED. FIND SAMUS'S ARM CANNON AND BRING IT BACK HERE. IF YOU FIND OTHERS WHO HAVE DARKNESS WITHIN THEIR HEARTS, GIVE THEM THE OFFER TO JOIN US... OR DIE." Nefirus raised his hand in a simple gesture, and about 20 Primids and 2 Greaps rose out of the ground.

" THESE ARE FOR YOU TO COMMAND. GOOD LUCK, BLACK KNIGHT."

-MEANWHILE-

Ridley brought Samus to the prison cells. They were dark and rusty, with Primids patrolling the corridors. Ridley opened a cell and roughly tossed Samus inside. "Stay here, and don't even THINK about escaping. Unless of course, you want to die early." Ridley shut the cage door and locked it.

~Subspace~

What does Nefirus want with that Black Knight? Tabuu was standing on the middle of a platform in subspace thinking to himself. Whatever it is, I'm sure he can't proceed with his plan without this cannon. I better check up on the Black Knight. Tabuu opened up a portal... "Whats this? I can't see him! Tabuu waved his hand over the portal and Ganondorf appears in it.

"Ganondorf, I need you to go track down the Black Knight. See what he's up. My guess is that he's still somwhere around the woods where I fought Nefirus. One you find him, do not reveal yourself. Try to stay hidden and just follow him. Once you find out where Nefirus is hiding report back to me. And only fight if necesary.”

"But what about the Master Hand?" asked Ganondorf. "I thought you wanted me to keep watch over him?"

"I'll watch him myself while you're away." replied Tabuu. "Now go."

"I understand.” Tabuu vanished from Ganondorf's sight. "Guess I'm going back to the Smash world again." And once again Ganondorf opened up a portal leading out of subspace.

~The Smash Dome~

Samus watched as Ridley closed the cell door behind her, leaving her trapped inside. She still had some missiles on her, but no way to fire them. Her power beam was gone. It would be dangerous to try to detonate them herself, but did she have a choice? Not really. Samus remembered that the Space Pirates had stolen one of her battle suits recently. But they probably wouldn't show up in the Smash World. She took the last pieces of her damaged armor off, and fell asleep.

The Black Knight stepped out of the Subspace. Now to find Master Hand and use him to kill Ganondorf. And well I'm looking for those two, I can find the bounty hunter's power beam as well.
"Hmf." Now that the Black Knight new Nefirus's plans, he wasn't sure he liked the new master so much after all. But he would remain loyal for the time being. Until then, power beam it was. And the Black Knight set off to find Master Hand.

There he was, Ganondorf, standing outside of the smash. He was amazed to see the thick layer of subspace around it. That's probably why Tabuu couldn't see the Black Knight. The subspace was interfering with the portal. It was actually easy for him to find the smash dome. He just had to follow the black Knights foot prints. "What an idiot..." though Ganondorf. He opened up a portal to communicate with Tabuu. "What is it asked?" asked Tabuu. "I found out where Nefirus is hiding" replied Ganondorf. "It's the Smash dome. It's covered by a thick layer of subspace. I just had to follow the Black Knight's footprints. " "I see." replied Tabuu. "Wait for the Black Knight to come out. Than follow him to see what he's doing. Again try to stay hidden and avoid any fights if necessary."

"Understood." After Ganondorf replied with that single word the portal closed. Now it was just a matter of waiting. Waiting high up in an Oak tree where it would be difficult to see him.

~Above the Smash Dome~

An orange and yellow ship rose above the clouds of the prison. A spiky haired boy was driving the ship while a boy angel was sitting back, relaxed. “So why exactly do you need my help again,” the spiky haired boy asked.

“Tabuu, the ruler of Subspace, has been resurrected by Ganondorf. Master Hand sent me a telepathic message explaining. Tabuu wants to draw the Smash World into Subspace, and make it his own world.”

“Alrighty then, let’s kill this guy!”

“Hold on, Sora. First, Master Hand wants us to rescue Samus Aran, a woman who helped us to defeat Tabuu last time around, from her prison in the Smash Dome.”

“Which is…”

“A battle arena, transformed by Nefirus, a new being, similar to Tabuu.”

“Alright, Pit, let’s go!”

“Sora…We’re already here. That’s it below us. Why don’t you take the ship down?”

“On it!” Sora parked the ship next to the entrance, and the duo stepped into Subspace. In the first hall, Primids formed. But instead of attacking, they ran away.

“Sora, finish them off before they can go get reinforcements!” Sora complied, and the two quickly took care of the small unit.

“What were those things?”

“Primids,” answered Pit. “They serve both Tabuu and Nefirus, and are made of Shadow Bug, a relative of Subspace." They continued on, fighting only a few more Primids before finding the Prison section of the Dome.

-Meanwhile-

The Black Knight had exited the Smash Dome, and prepared to warp to the Island of the Ancients. While he was doing so, he thought he saw someone watching him from the distance. When he couldn’t figure out who it was, he decided to let him follow him, if he could. He threw the warp powder at his feet, and disappeared.

When the Black Knight vanished, Ganondorf, who had been following him, was perplexed. “Now what?” The King of Evil decided to warp to Subspace, where he looked at the viewing portal. After checking several other locations, Ganondorf finally found the Knight, on the Island of the Ancients. He summoned a portal, and stepped through.

~The Island of the Ancients~

Master Hand woke up from the blast from Ganon. I need to find Link and Black Knight... Link will especially want to continue his fight against Ganondorf. He will also want to meet the Black Knight; they are both swordsmen against Ganondorf and Tabuu. He floated off randomly in search of either one of them until he saw the Black Knight. "Over here!" He called.

-Meanwhile-

Bewildered, Link turned to Mario. "What just happened? We should go to the find Master Hand. I just felt another victory for Ganondorf." Without waiting for a response, Link ran off.

The Black Knight saw Master Hand floating above the ground, and someone else, with green clothes, very far away. Probably Link, he thought. Now where is Ganondorf?

~The Smash Dome, in the Prison~

Samus put her last missile on the ground next to the cell door, and backed away, as far as she could in her small cell, anyways. She took out her plasma whip and threw it at the missile.
Boom!
It exploded, just as she planned. She quickly ran through the halls. So far, so good. But she doubted that she would escape without a fight.

----------------------------------------------------------
END OF CHAPTER ONE
----------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER TWO: SKY WARS-- Sneak Preview!

Enter Marth! The story heats up as the heroes escape from the SmashDome and begin their journey! As Tabuu and Nefirus's plans begin to unfold, the heroes race to stop them, but will their efforts be enough? An intense battle on Samus's gunship only sets the stage for the aerial chaos to be found in this chapter! Will the heroes be up to the challenge?

"Do you think Ridley is still alive?” Sora asked Marth, as he entered the ship.

Ridley began to stagger up. His head was pounding from being rammed with Samus’s ship.
"No! You won’t get away again! This ends now!" Samus’s ship shot off, away from Destiny Islands.

"After you left,” began Marth, “Samus got her power suit back and we escaped from Nefirus’s army unnoticed. We saw Ridley flying in your direction and knew something bad was going to happen, so we followed him."

"To be honest Marth,” said Sora, “we were pretty scared of Ridley, he was powerful; I thought we were done for. Thank you, Marth."

"Hey, I wasn't scared!" Pit exclaimed. Everyone laughed at this, and for a few short minutes, everything seemed calm.

Ridley got up and sped after Samus’s ship, slowly gaining on it. It’s time you die, he thought furiously.

“No...” Marth looked around. There was bump. "SKRRRREEEEEEEE!" Ridley smashed his fist against the top of the ship. Marth looked up. "Ridley! He's after Samus... he just won't give up!”

Ridley let out a loud shriek. There was another bump. Marth turned to Sora and Pit. “Stay here and protect Samus; she's the one he wants. Don't try to stop me. I'm going to settle this with Ridley once and for all.” He turned to Samus and paused. “…Take care of yourself, Samus." Marth jumped out of the ship to the top; he was standing on the ship's roof. Ridley was flying towards him.
"Ridley!!!! I'm not running any more! I won’t let you hurt my friends!"
”SKREEEEEEE!”
Ridley charged at Marth, talons bared for the kill.

Hope you look forward to it!

Last edited:
Now, to continue...

GAME LOADING...
Chapter 2: Sky Wars

Ganondorf was perched up in a tree, observing the Black Knight, concealing himself with both magic and the leaves of the tree. "Hm? Whats this?" Ganondorf noticed Master Hand calling over to the Black Knight. "So that old fool actually believes the Black Knight is on his side? Master hand isn't as wise as he use to be. Well theres nothing to do now but listen to what their saying.”

~Bowser’s Castle~

Ganondorf wasn’t the only villain preparing to attack the heroes. In Bowser’s castle, the koopa king was laughing. “Bwa, ha ha! I've got a perfect plan to defeat Mario, get my revenge on Ganondorf for turning me into a trophy a year ago, and rule this whole entire world. Now if I could only work with Nefirus; he’s probably way better than that excuse as an evil villan, Tabuu. Any smart remarks, my koopas?”

A koopa shouted, “Well how do we know that we can trust this Nefirus?”

Bowser looked at the koopa with an angry look, but decided to answer him. “I've taken extra precautions on this character, don't worry!” Bowser then pressed a small red button causing shadow bugs to crawl and create copies of his army. "Now who’s king? Bwa, ha ha!”

~The Smash Dome, in the Prison~

Marth stirred in his cell. “Where am I?” he muttered. Oh, that's right. The Smash Dome. Marth had come upon it about a week prior. Before he knew what happened, that purple dinosaur had grabbed him and taken him inside. Nefirus had absorbed some of Marth's power and imprisoned him in here. Marth stirred and turned his head. In the cell next to him was a beautiful woman. He had seen her before.

“Samus,” Marth reminded himself. Samus didn't hear him. Suddenly, she blew open her cage and ran off. Marth sprung up. The explosion had freed him as well! Marth grabbed his sword and ran after her.

-Meanwhile-

More Primids surrounded Sora and Pit, and they fought vigorously. The fiht lasted several minutes, but it was clear that the duo had once again been victorious. As the last Primid vanished from Pit's arrow, something unexpected happened. There was no more purple smoke but black smoke appeared instead, and suddenly a heartless, a being that served Xemnas, his archrival, with no emotion, crept from behind and scratched Sora in the back. A cry of pain echoed the halls of the prison.

“Are you okay?" asked Pit.

“Does it sound like I'm okay?” Pit slashed the heartless that scratched Sora's back.

“Heal!” Sora shouted, the pain was still there, but the wound stopped bleeding.

On the other side of Smash World, Link had found Master Hand. He ran to catch up with him, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw Ganondorf. "You!" He yelled. He ran up to the Gerudo thief and struck his sword at him once more.

The Black Knight approached Master Hand.
"I've been out looking for Ganondorf. But I'm afraid I couldn't manage to find-"
The Black Knight stopped speaking as he saw Link and Ganondorf fighting. The Black Knight attacked Ganondorf with several blows.

But Ganondorf was too quick for them. Realizing he didn’t stand a chance between the two of them, Ganondorf opened up a portal, and returned to Subspcae.

~The Smash Dome~

The heartless that had attacked Sora was the only one of its kind in the room. Pit saw two people in front of him. A beautiful blonde woman in a blue suit and a man with a cape on a staircase
Sora shouted "Hey are you Samus!?” But apparently she didn’t hear him.

Ridley heard an explosion from his chamber in the back of the SmashDome. Running towards the prisoner's cell, he came face to face with Samus Aran.
"Samus! How did you get out? No matter, without your power suit you're no match for me."

Ridley snatched Samus from the ground and raised his hand to slash her.
“Get your hands off of her, Ridley!”
Marth slammed into Ridley with his sword, causing him to drop Samus and fall to the floor. Ridley staggered up and turned to face Marth.

“Well, well, look who's here to save the day... I beat you once, I can do it again." Ridley crouched, ready to attack. "Once I kill you, I'll finish Samus as well." Marth raised his sword up into a fighting position. There was no turning back now.

Sora and Pit saw the action. They rushed up to the staircase, joining the fight. Suddenly black smoke appeared once more and Heartless versions of Sora appeared behind them.

Ganondorf blocked Link's attack with his own sword. "How unfortunate. I wasn't expecting to run into you link. Well seeing as I have no choice..." Ganondorf kicks Link away from him and swings at his head. "I'll just kill you right now before this fight alerts anyone else of my presence."
~The Smash Dome~

Ridley noticed Sora and Pit rushing up the staircase. "Oh good, just what I need; more losers." He summoned some Primids and Heartless. "Finish those two!" He ordered, pointing to Pit and Sora. He then turned back to Marth. "Let's begin," he said, flexing his claws.

In a burst of power, Sora transformed into his Valor Form. He jumped high into the air and slammed the two keyblades onto the heartless with immense force, the creatures of shadow remaining silent as they dissolved from existence. Pit, meanwhile, had readied an arrow and shot it directly at Ridley, but it simply bounced off of his hard skin.

Ridley blasted several fireballs from his mouth at marth, and Marth dodged out of the way. Marth tried several slashes on Ridley, but to his horror; the blows just bounced off his powerful hide! My sword must not be strong enough, he thought. He backed up to where Sora and pit were fighting the Heartless and slashed two of them with a clean stroke from his sword. "Who are you? Pit I know, but who are YOU?" He said to Sora. "Anyways, I need some help with Ridley, my sword barely hurts him!"

"I'm Sora, but no time to introduce myself, we've got to choose either to fight that guy or run!"

Marth looked around. Samus was lying behind Ridley. "We have to save Samus!" Marth shouted. "Ridley will kill her if we don't do something, and fast!" Suddenly Sora cast Aero on Samus to protect her for a few seconds.

”Denying me of my revenge, boy? That’ll cost you your LIFE!”
Ridley lunged towards Sora. Marth used the opportunity to dash around Ridley and pick up Samus. "Sora, we don't have time for this! Get Pit and get out of here before Nefirus arrives!"

Sora ducked. "What about you two, I won't leave you two, you're vulnerable!"

Pit said, "I'll stay here, you go, if something happens to you, you won't be able to lock any keyholes, YOU MUST GO!"

"I can't!"

"SORA!" Pit shouted

Marth jumped past Ridley, still carrying Samus, and ran. "Sora, Pit, we have to go NOW! Ridley will stop at nothing to capture Samus!" Ridley flew up and started making his way towards Samus.

"GIVE HER TO ME! I WILL KILL HER NOW!"

Suddenly a giant Guard Armor heartless about the same size as Ridley blocked their way. "What now?" Pit screamed.

"Oh!" Sora gasped. He got out a switch. He used it and suddenly the Gummi Ship crashed inside the prison. "Get In!"

"But Ridley's going to chase us though!"

Marth hurried inside and placed Samus down in the back. "Sora, get us out of here! Samus may need medical treatment; Nefirus absorbed her power!"

Ridley screeched "Guard Armor, don't let them get away!" The Guard Armor leapt at the ship.

"Marth, Pit you go up and defeat the Armor,” said Sora. I'll protect Samus"

"Get the ship running! NOW!" Shouted Marth. Marth slashed the Guard Armor's arm, and it let go of the Gummi Ship. They were clear for liftoff! The ship flew out into the air.

"So is Samus your girlfriend Marth?" asked Sora.

"N-No, of course not!" But there was no mistaking the tiny smile on Marth's face.
"We need to get to the Island of the Ancients, fast," said Marth, quickly changing the subject. "Samus needs medical attention; she was severely weakened when Nefirus drained her energy.

So the gummi ship flew out to the night sky in high speed. Sora was focusing on the ship, while Pit spoke to the Altean Prince. “How's she doing Marth?"

Marth sighed. "Not very well. When Ridleys' leader, Nefirus, captured her, he may have absorbed her power. She's very weak in her present state; I'm surprised she was even able to run out of her cell. We need to take her to Master Hand, he might be able to restore some of her power."

Sora was trying to move the ship as fast as it would go. "Oh..." Pit sighed Suddenly they saw a floating island, high above the Vast Ocean.

"Is that the place?" Sora asked.

"Yeah" replied Pit. The ship landed on the island. “I'll go out and check if it's okay" said Pit. As the doors opened, a flash of light shone over the deck; it was morning. Pit walked outside slowly and vigilent. He looked round the corner and suddenly a panther black arrow came straight at him. His face was horrified.

"Pit!" Then the same high pitched laugh was heard again.Black and Purple smoke covered Pit's trophy.
Then a being like no other faced Marth and Sora. A Priless.

The creature had the heartless symbol on its head. The skin was black. The eyes were purple. There were yellow spiky horns on the top of the head, and steam of purple and black were circling around the creature. It was a cross between a primid and a heartless. And it was not good. “Marth, you protect Samus, I'll fight it!" Sora shouted.

“Come on boy, swing that weapon and finish me, it won't do you any good, the leader is back, the master of no beings is back!" the Priless said. "He killed that insignifacant Maleficent and he was once again the ruler of the heartless and the nobodies. Kingdom Hearts and Subspace will turn into one creating an empire to rule the universe!" The Priless laughed. "Xemnas and Nefirus will conquer the universe! Now all we need is the keyblade! You are finished Sora!" The priless somehow created two blades of smoke. He charged at Sora, but the attack was blocked. He swung again, htting Sora in the arm. Sora screamed in pain. The cut on his right upper arm was severe. “Marth, some help?” Sora shouted.

Samus lifted her head. But she couldn't even do that for very long. She thought she heard some kid mention something about "Samus" and "Girlfriend." She was slightly disturbed by the thought of this, but she quickly remembered Ridley attacking her. She grumbled: "Where's... Ridley?"

~Back at the Smash Dome~

Nefirus was staring at his unfinished Off Cannon when he heard an out of breath Ridley stumble into the room. "Master... I'm so sorry... the prisoners have escaped..."

“WHAT!?” Nefirus whirled around to stare at Ridley. Ridley cringed and shook with fear.

"I almost defeated Samus, but that do-gooder Marth got in the way. Two others appeared, a boy with a key and an angel, and I was overwhelmed." Nefirus looked like he was about to strike Ridley, but then he stopped.

“WAIT... A BOY WITH A KEY? COULD THAT BE THE BOY XEMNAS WAS TALKING ABOUT?” Nefirus thought for a moment. “XEMNAS WILL NEED TO HEAR OF THIS... BUT FIRST, I MUST SPEAK WITH BOWSER.” Xemnas, leader of the heartless, had sent an army of minions out for the Island of the Ancients. Nefirus flipped on the large screen in the back of the dome. Bowsers' face appeared on it. “BOWSER... I HAVE A NEW MISSION FOR YOU.”

Marth heard what was going on outside the ship. Nefirus and Xemnas, working together? This is worse than I could have thought... I have to leave Samus and go fight this new creature! Marth jumped out of the ship and charged headfirst into the creature, slashing it twice.
While Marth was fighting, Bowser had appeared on the screen in front of Nefirus. “I've been waiting. What do you want Nefirus? All my other plans have been a success so far, all I have to do is watch the heroes fall in my hands.”

~The Smash Dome~

Nefirus smiled. “YES, YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF WORTHY THUS FAR. XEMNAS, LEADER OF THE HEARTLESS AND OUR NEWEST ALLY, HAS SENT SOME OF HIS HEARTLESS TO ATTACK THE ISLE OF THE ANCIENTS. I NEED YOU TO GO AND PROVIDE BACKUP WITH YOUR FORCES. THAT ISLE WILL BE OURS! ALSO, IF YOU CAN, CAPTURE MASTER HAND AND BRING HIM TO ME FOR ABSORPTION.” Nefirus looked down at his hand and opened and closed it. “I THINK IT'S TIME FOR ME TO BECOME COMPLETE.

Marth blocked and dodged as the Priless vicously attacked him. Marth's armor was protecting him, but he wasn't sure how long that would last. He prepared to use his uppercut jump technique, known as Dolphin Strike. It took more energy than a normal attack, but he still had enough energy.

Marth uppercutted the Priless, splitting it in two. He quickly ran up to Pit and tapped his trophy, then hurried back to Samus to see how she was doing. Marth noticed she was mumbling something.

“Samus, it's Marth. Don't worry, we escaped from Ridley. We're at the Isle of the Ancients. We're going to get you some medical help.” A look of concern spread over Marth's face. "Can you walk?"

Samus heard someone's voice. "M...Ma...Marth? Walk? I don't think so. Someone's going to have ta...uh..." Samus's conciousness was slipping again. She wished someone would tell her where she was, or had they already done that? She was only catching every other word.

Sora was not feeling good, that cut was severe. "Heal!" It didn't work, this wound was worse than he thought. "Marth I need help, we need to see Master Hand." Sora looked in front of him, the forest was huge. Then he saw something he didn't want to see: an army of Priless, Heartless and Nobodies were assembling.

Suddenly Samus snapped out of it. She didn't get up; she still wasn't strong enough for that. But she managed to press a button on the last piece of her armor. As she pressed it, her ship appeared, hovering above them. With another button, she ordered her ship to shoot the Priless. They were immediately destroyed. "Get me... in my ship... I can... regenerate... my armor there..." Hopefully someone heard her.

Sora saw her open her eyes "Marth it's Samus, she's awake!" Pit warned Sora as more heartless and primids appeared.

Marth picked up Samus and rushed her to her ship. "Where should I put you so you can regenerate your armor?"

Sora and Pit were fending off the heartless. “They're coming,” shouted Sora. “The dinosaur and his army are coming!”

"I'm sorry guys but the army looks huge, we have to go now!" Sora shouted. Pit and Sora got inside the gummi ship.

"I'll take us to Destiny Islands,” said Sora. “Maybe the King would know what's going on with Samus.”

“Samus needs her ship to regenerate her armor,” replied Marth.

"Where should we meet back then?" asked Sora

“I don’t know any safe place in the Smash World anymore,” said Marth quickly.

“How about Destiny Islands?” suggested Sora. “Then we’ll find this Master Hand guy.”

So Sora and Pit flew back up into the skies just back where they left off. They went to Destiny Islands to rest up. While they caught their breaths, Sora was wondering whether Marth and Samus were okay and what Xemnas was up to, and why he came back. There were lots of unanswered questions. How were they going to stop Nefirus and Xemnas, and everyone else? And what did Nefirus want with Samus? Sora had a good night’s sleep even though all those thoughts were surging through his mind.

OOC: If enough people post here tonight, I might just reward you...
:shifty:

Last edited:
Back