System setup pics???

So Gromet,

How do you rank the wii compared to your other game systems. Mainly the 360 and the PS3?
What are the pro's and con's

ics said:
So Gromet,

How do you rank the wii compared to your other game systems. Mainly the 360 and the PS3?
What are the pro's and con's

OK,

I wrote most of this on a post in a different forum but I will add some Wii points at the end...

So. I know it's not fair to compare a Launch console to one that has been around for a year. Especially since GoW has been released. And let me say, my god I love that game, the game and the graphics are outstanding. I have Resistance and it is a great game, VERY fun, online id great, even the single player is fun. Are the graphics up to GoW, no, but did you expect them to be?

Let’s talk CoD3... Out for both systems. They look basically the same for both. My buddy brought it over the other night and we played it on my 360, fun game nice graphics. I got it for the PS3, looks the same.

Need for Speed Carbon. Again, looks great on both systems.

The main thing that is different is Online. XBL has become outstanding and has set the bar for what Online gaming should be. PS3 has a way to go, and I'm hoping Sony gets with it quick. The lack of headset in the box is upsetting, but not surprising to me, they want money and know that players will buy a headset. the lack of chat in games, or while you are playing other games, but just want to chat with someone is upsetting, but I’m sure will be implemented in time. The interfaces of the two systems are very different. The PS3 takes their interface directly from the PSP. I'm sorry but the Blade system on the 360 is just so much nice (IMHO) than the Sony interface. Lack of being able to DL and do something else at the same time was not available on 360 right away, we got that with an update, and while it's frustrating, I'm sure it will happen eventually. I just hope Sony gets this stuff updated sooner than later.

I find the fact that you can't replace the battery in the controller on the PS3 slightly disturbing, but it should last you long enough that it's not really a big issue. The fact that you can choose regular or rechargeable on the 360 is nice.

So is one a better console than the other... I would not say one is better, Sony has some catching up to do definitely, but come on, It's Sony, It's the PS3 for god sake... they will get there and it will be a great system just like the 360 is.

So now the Wii...

I Love my Wii, it is a helluva sweet system. It is so much fun, I had a few friends over last night, we were playing WiiSports nd having a BLAST. I have played sports, excite truck, trauma center, and of course Zelda TP so far, and enjoyed them all.

Nintendo really did a good thing I think with the new controllers for the Wii, really helps bring you into the game.

I played a bit of Zelda, and I have been a zelda fan since number one on the NES. I was a fan of the cell graphics in Windwaker and really loved the game. But what nintendo has done with TP on the Wii brings it to a new level. It looks beautifull, and the way you use your controller to swing your sword, shoot the slingshot, even use it like a fishing pole was just awesome, and really helps imerse you into the game.

Are the graphics up to par with 360 or PS3? no of course not, im playing with component cables and it looks great don't get me wrong, but not like the other two. But I never expected it to.

The Gamecube was not HD and I still think it was probibly my favorite of the last-Gen systems. Playing Luigi's mansion, rebel assault, resident evil... Those were some fun times.

I think the Wii is a great next step for Nintendo, and Gaming in general, I am loving my Wii so far, and HIGHLY Reccomend it to anyone. It it HD, are the graphics the BEST, no, but is it FUN? HELL YEAH!

Gromet

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Samsung 47" widescreen hdtv
wii
technics 110 disc cd changer
Sony receiver
Infinity center, towers, and rear bookshelfs for surround speakers (will be mounted on wall shortly)
yamaha dual 8" subwoofer
sony 10" subwoofer
Cheap dvd player that will be upgraded soon
Sony ps3 going in lower right side soon

Does that Linksys router work ok with connecting online with the Wii? I have the same one so I'm wondering.

Gromet, thats one amazing collection. Don't listen to anyone who give you BS about it. I envy you and think thats collecting video games consoles is a worthwhile hobby.
I've always been facinated with gaming and consoles so recently I've started buying older consoles. Working back through SEGA atm, still need the Mega Drive, the Master System and (if I can find one) an SG-1000.
I never thought I would find someone who owned an actual Halcyon :D, I remember reading about them and being fairly perplexed. (which of the two games do you have or do you have both O_O )
You're a lucky person, I'd love to own a Vectrex, and especially a Magnavox Odyssey O_O but since I'm only 17 I have neither the money nor the room >_< but I fear that by the time I do have the room/money they will be far too rare/expensive

Cabe said:
I never thought I would find someone who owned an actual Halcyon :D, I remember reading about them and being fairly perplexed. (which of the two games do you have or do you have both O_O )

I have both Thayer's Quest and Raiders vs. Chargers, but I can play my Space Quest and Dragons Lair I & II Lasers in it as well...

^^ ha, awesome. Did the system have an voice-activation like they claimed? And how did the "AI equal to HAL" turn out? :p

Cabe said:
^^ ha, awesome. Did the system have an voice-activation like they claimed? And how did the "AI equal to HAL" turn out? :p

LOL, AI Like HAL, yeah... umm, well the system died before they really ever had the change to ramp up for what their grand scheme was... The Voice controll module has headphones and a mic, but the only thing I ever saw it work with was in the main console if you spoke the words run program, it would launch whatever was in the laser drive, and you could speak individual letter, and about 30% of the time would get them right. When Playing Thayers Quest, you can use the membrane keyboard or talk the letters, but it never really worked right, youd get frustrates and just use the keyboard.

I would say they never really came close to HAL, i'd say they never even came cole to H. But it was a noble effort.

I'm glad someone revived this old thread of mine ebcause now that the Wii is actually out, i was going to make a new one anyway. I will post new pics of my set-up when I am done moving. My brother is moving out, so I am getting his place... my set-up is going to look 10x better than what it use to (pics on first page).

Heres Mine, I Used to play outside in the living room on the 52"er but i wanted my room back ( being renovated ) so i moved back in and here is my setup.
pictures002.jpg

pictures001.jpg

PHILIPS 55inch widescreen rear-projection.
Pioneer/Wellings 6.1 surround sound with 10inch sub.
nice red leather lounges, but I think the distance between thre lounges and TV is too close. So it will be interesting playing Wii Sports with 2m of space to move around in :p

Well I'm moving, but as soon as possible I'll post my new pix w/ the wii and all.

good times to be had by all.

Back