Texting during school. RANT.

LOL this reminds me of a time my friend answered his phone during his Geography class. The teacher was up giving a lecture, and then we hear "hello." Everybody turned around and looked at him. "Oh, hi mom." *moves phone to the side* "It's my mom." "Oh, I'm just in Geography class." "Ok, bye mom." LOL the teacher was so pissed.

On topic: I don't really see anything wrong with texting in class, but I do find it comical how stupid people are in thinking that they are being secretive. It is usually pretty obvious that they are either masturbating or texting.

paintba||er said:
LOL this reminds me of a time my friend answered his phone during his Geography class. The teacher was up giving a lecture, and then we hear "hello." Everybody turned around and looked at him. "Oh, hi mom." *moves phone to the side* "It's my mom." "Oh, I'm just in Geography class." "Ok, bye mom." LOL the teacher was so pissed.

On topic: I don't really see anything wrong with texting in class, but I do find it comical how stupid people are in thinking that they are being secretive. It is usually pretty obvious that they are either masturbating or texting.
my friend terry had the same thing happen to him in shop, luckily he could hide under the table and talk with the machines running XD

I agree with Dakuda...again.

I have never texted and probably never will. There's nothing so important that it can't wait for a voice call in the hall after class. That office policy sounds awesome.

On a side note, has anyone realized the person with the worst spelling in this thread is the heaviest texter? ...Just something to ponder.

Brawny said:
I agree with Dakuda...again.

I have never texted and probably never will. There's nothing so important that it can't wait for a voice call in the hall after class. That office policy sounds awesome.

On a side note, has anyone realized the person with the worst spelling in this thread is the heaviest texter? ...Just something to ponder.
better not be me your talking about >.> :sick:

I've used mine once in the hall...to get my dad to bring my project for the next hour. I don't really care either way. My friends and I are the ones who sit in the hall doing the next day's homework. >_<

You ARE a teacher, so I guess I should take that point seriously. :D

Edit: I was talking about D_K.

no FTW!
cant live w/o unlimited texting seriously
addiction
if i had at&t i swear i would get that packet cuz
in 1 week i have 5000 texts =D

i wish i could be a texting secutary
if that exisits!

I don't mind texting in class.
I only mind when people in my class are texting someone who is sitting a few rows beside them. Rather pointless.

Brawny, worst speller is noted :lol:

I couldn't agree more, Trulen. Not really about the part of texting in school, if they don't want to learn I don't give a crap. However, texting while you're 'hanging out' is really annoying. I just want to be like 'Okay dude, you obviously want to talk to them more than me so just leave.'

Not only that, but its impersonal. If you really need to talk to someone, freaking call them. This is one of the reasons why I always get left behind, because I don't have texting. If they don't have the patience to speak verbally for five seconds then I don't want to hang out with them anyway, whatever.

I don't text much any more, but I have my phone out about 16 out of the 25 lessons I have a week because I sell phone games and people like to play alot during the boring lessons. My school blazer is full of severed Queen Elizabeth II's head. It's what the UK has on their coins.

When I was dating a girl, which only lasted 3 weeks luckily, we sent each other over 2000 texts each. It was pretty silly. </random>

Trulen said:
First off. I support cell phones at schools. Never know when you have to call your parents after school. I know I need mine.

Secondly, I don't have text messaging. Never felt the need to when I could just call them.

But when you're sitting in class, and you whop out the cell phone-- when the teacher's trying to oh, I don't know. Teach you something important? -- and hide it behind a purse or a jacket.... You really deserve to have it taken away.

You're not fooling anyone. If you see someone looking down into their jacket/purse/bag and not moving....

Texting.

And then I went to spend the night at a friends.
We ATTEMPTED to play some wii.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. He got him some texts.

Texts should be used responsibly or something.
There's good times for them.
And there's more bad times for them.

So yeah. Rant over.
Teenagers/young adults these days.

lol my english teached used to text people while we were in class

and i find it good, say if i want to go to somewhere to eat at lunch, i would prefer a full car(and leave ASAP), so i'm going to text my friends, it makes it easier

if you need to contact someone it's really easy, this is why i like texting

-easier to get in contact with a person
say if sally and george want to talk to each other
sally phones george, but since george dosn't text people, he's on the phone with someone
george get's a missed call, so he phones sally...but she's driving and her phone is in the back seat
once sally goes where she is going and parks, she gets her cell, phones george but unfortunatly george is playing some wii and his cell is downstairs and he can't hear it.......

if they texted each other instead, they could have gotton a full out conversation

Oh I never had my phone in school, they just get stolen. In fact, I never had a phone 'til, like, I had friends on the internet, because I'm that cool like that.

I have unlimited texts on my phone, but I don't use them in college. I use them when I can't sleep or something.

Phones, cameras, MP3 players, they were all banned in my lovely Catholic school.

Back