the ~Ask Anyone Anything~ thread

Oh just cos there might be a higher chance youve contracted an STI.

Why, did they deny your application?

I was thinking of that video when I read that question. Just too lazy to find it. Thanks

No prob, to also add onto that. Bruce Lee & Chuck Norris fought 5 times before, with Bruce Lee winning 4 of the fights, the 5th one being called a draw.

AndThen? said:
I find it interesting that you're not allowed to give blood if you've had gay sex.

Lie, and say you didn't?..

But uhh, yeah.. that's a bit silly.. "OOoo, I don't want ya gay bloodz in my baby's body! HELP! SOMEBODAYZ!"

Oh just cos there might be a higher chance youve contracted an STI.

Why, did they deny your application?

My blood drive's coming up again soon too. <3

Basically, do it. My arm ached a bit the day after, but nothing insufferable. My veins aren't easily visible/popping out of my arms, and they had a bit of trouble locating them, but it didn't hurt. Well, maybe a little, but it's just a little worse than a regular needle.

As for teh gf (homewrecker </3), how small she is doesn't really mean that she's more likely to faint... There are plenty of chunky people at my school who fainted, and plenty of weeds who were fine. Just so long as she's heavy enough, she'll be fine. And if she's not heavy enough, they won't let her give blood.

Mmm, but I don't think it's really fair considering you can be gay and a lot safer with STIs than some straight people can be. Especially in a country like Australia, where hardly anyone has AIDS. And they test the blood anyway...

The questionnaire is quite funny though. "Have you ever been a sex worker?" "Have you ever given sexual favours to someone as a gift?".

I have a question: Why is it called STI instead of STD now? Was calling it a disease too offensive to people? Honestly... why do we have to soften up everything?

You're not manic-depressive, you're BIPOLAR.

I think it's because STD was kind of a misnomer considering it included many infections without the disease. The bacteria or virus that's transmitted can cause infection without causing disease. 'STIs' just covers everything.

My feeling was that over the years, "STD" built up a very negative stigma about it, due to increased awareness. They changed it to "STI" in an attempt to soften it.
But, AndThen? is probably right.

---------------------------------------------

If you had to live out a movie what movie would you pick?
As long as I'm the hero, Spider-Man :)

You're being forced to kill an innocent person. If you don't shoot them, the sniper will shoot you. Do you shoot the person, run, or try to kill the sniper
Depends on how good the sniper is.

feared or respected? (you'll be surprised at some of the answers I got before. -_-)
Respected.

Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter?
Street Fighter.

Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee?
Chuck Norris.

You witnessed a crime. Instead of killing you, they bribe you to keep quiet. A LOT of money. Do you accept the bribe and stay quiet, go to the police, take the bribe money THEN go to the police anyway, oooor, go all Liam Neeson on their ass?
Take the bribe and then go to the police. If I didn't take the bribe, they'd try to kill me.

I think it's because STD was kind of a misnomer considering it included many infections without the disease. The bacteria or virus that's transmitted can cause infection without causing disease. 'STIs' just covers everything.

1. a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment.

STD was doing the job fine.

Herpes and AIDS have bad connotations now. We should rename them to Butterflies and Unicorns respectively.

Herpes and AIDS have bad connotations now. We should rename them to Butterflies and Unicorns respectively.

http://www.iwannaknow.org/stiwatch.html
http://www.immunisation.nhs.uk/Vacc..._the_difference_between_infection_and_disease
Increasingly, the term sexually transmitted infection (STI) is used, as it has a broader range of meaning; a person may be infected, and may potentially infect others, without showing signs of disease.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexually_transmitted_disease
I dunno, that's the way I learnt it when I did biology.

"Infection"'s hardly "rainbow", anyway. xD

That suggests that the name was changed to help stupid people who think they can't spread it?

I don't know which is worse, changing it for stupidity or for niceties. :/

*ahem*

[video=youtube;vyX9zdcU0T0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyX9zdcU0T0[/video]

:shifty: everytime i hear the word "AIDS" i immediatly think of this

OK I got one

Why were you attracted to the forum initially? What prompted you to make a username and give Wiichat a try to begin with?

Why were you attracted to the forum initially? What prompted you to make a username and give Wiichat a try to begin with?

Nintendo's official forums, the Nsider forums, closed down, so I Googled "Wii Forums" and WiiChat appeared. :)

Back