The movie 300 thread

Wiifans

WiiChat Member
Apr 7, 2007
hey guys,

i have just came back from the Cinema.....and i have to say...i am dissapointed.

there was a lot of talks over the movie "300" and i thought i would find something like Gladiator or something.

all was there was some special effects, and totally unrealistic fights..

i am usually a big fan of action, or Comic movies...but i had to almost yawn here.

7 points out of 10

how much would u give it?

In my opinion it was one of the best movies I have seen all year and I would have to give it a 9/10. The only reason I wont give it a 10 is that there were some unecessary scenes included in the movie.

Off Topic:

Just letting you know that there have been many other threads on the same subject so I suggest you read through this tutorial or do a search before posting a thread.

Search Tutorial

thanks a lot for the hint bro....will have a look :)

we seem to be different opinions on the movie though...what was your favorite scene? mine was the scene with the elefenats attacking....pretty short and irrelevant, but i loved the special FX

The end was pretty good. Along with when they built a wall using fallen enemies. The only thing I disliked about the movie was the random and somewhat unecessary nudity.

I think the movie was really weird, nice special effects, but it isn't what I was especting, and actually, the end wasn't really good, that stick should have hit on the persian guy, another reason cause I didn't like it a LOT.

8/10

Syntax said:
The end was pretty good. Along with when they built a wall using fallen enemies. The only thing I disliked about the movie was the random and somewhat unecessary nudity.

Yeah I feel exactly the same, it was just like they threw it in last minute, if they had to emphasis on the king and queens relationship then this would have been fair enough but they didn't need to.. so..it was just pointless.

Was it only me that noticed the Ninja turtles then?

hmmm i feel some of the above comments are un-needed, before u comment on something you should first understand it, all of the above posts are just opinions... espcially who ever said that it is trying to copy lord of the rings, i mean wtf... are you on drugs or something..

Syntax said:

They were just showing that people were comfortable with their bodies way back when, unlike now.

And when the spear didn't hit the guy completely, they were keeping it historically correct, because that would have ended the war right there.

You're an idiot then. The movie was a NOIR film (look it up) and it was the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR SO FAR. Whoever said it was trying to copy LOTR is dumb. Its got NOTHING similiar to LOTR. As for the nudity it wasn't random. The Queen wanted to have one last night of passion with her husband before he goes off to face who knows what horrors in a war that might KILL him. Really do none of you understand that? Not to mention he had just come down from the disgusting Iphors and their poor victim of a girl (who was hot). She might have felt a little insecure.

And yeah if you knew ANYTHING about Sparta, its history, its philosophy, its MEN, its WOMEN, its culture, and WAR TECHNIQUES you'd know that the Spartan Army was a BEAST and the BEST at what they did. There whole lives revolved around the art of battle. So the fighting scenes were done perfectly IMO.

And yeah it sucked when Xerxes wasn't killed but thats history....and yeah a lot of the critics note that there are some historical inaccuracies but those are so few and so small that they make little difference to me or the quality of the movie. And all that bullsh*t about homophobia and racisim towards the Iranians or w/e is completely bogus. Really get a life and learn to appreciate a movie for what it is. Its not supposed to be a social documentary or a politically correct informational video.

Basically some of you are on drugs or soomething cuz your statements are ridiculous. And surfinrach is the Ninja Turtle you're talkin about the ugly/disformed guy who betrayed the Spartans (that was a historical inaccuracy btw. The guy who betrayed the Spartans was not a Spartan I believe but he was ugly so they got that right).

Best Scene: First Fight between the Spartans & Persians.

Back