The National Football League Thread

I hope the Steelers win, or else I'm out $40.

Yay, kickoff!

Steelers baby!

Cardinals played well, but couldn't finish the game. Holmes made an amazing catch in the corner of the endzone to essentially win the game. They held Fitzgerald in check for a good portion of the game, but he ended up making some good catches and had a pretty good game.

Boring Superbowl IMO. Nothing special happened, and no plays I can call defining. Santonio Holmes made a nice play, but not an uncommon one.

Bad superbowl for me, hopefully next years is better.

Boring Superbowl IMO. Nothing special happened, and no plays I can call defining. Santonio Holmes made a nice play, but not an uncommon one.

Bad superbowl for me, hopefully next years is better.

Really? Boring? 23 points scored in the last quater, arizona coming back from being down by double digits and a two minute drill to win the game.

How is a 100 yard int return that caused a 14 point swing not defining? Or what about the insane catch fitzgarald made in the end zone where he caught the ball with the back of his hand.

You're obviously are a Steeler hater and didn't watch much of the game, lets see you make that grab in triple coverage. There was also a 100 yard interception return by the defensive player of the year, Harrison; the longest play in Super Bowl history.

You're obviously are a Steeler hater and didn't watch much of the game, lets see you make that grab in triple coverage. There was also a 100 yard interception return by the defensive player of the year, Harrison; the longest play in Super Bowl history.

Well I had no real preference either way as far as rooting, and I watched the entire game. Why would whether I could make the plays they are making change my opinion on the game. I don't see why because I found it boring, you have to act like a complete jerk towards me. Chill out man, its called differing opinions. I found the game boring, a lot left to be desired. I've seen exciting Superbowls and I didn't think this one was, regardless of the score.

Wasn't meaning to be a jerk towards you, I just fail to see how in any way that game was boring. There were points where it was slow, but there were enough plays made to make it exciting for fans of both sides.

I'm with BRizer on this one. Except the 4th qtr, the game was dry. I mean i honestly nodded out a few times in the 2nd qtr. And im sorry but, yes the interception was great and all, but it doesnt make up for an ENTIRE 1st half.
In the 4th qtr both teams finally woke up and realized 'oh **** we are at the superbowl'. It just seemed like no one was putting the 2nd effort into the game, they just laid down.
But this is all my opinion.

I enjoyed it. Think the refs should have reviewed that last "fumble" but what's done is done. Also think Big Ben should have got the MVP, but Holmes was deserving as well.

Decent game that was overshadowed by that fella saying at the end to the Steeler's fans to be proud of their state being champions of the world. Wait, the world? Typical yanks.

But yeah, although I wanted the Card's, that was a rather good catch under triple coverage to win the game.

Also, everyone at the bar I went to who didn't follow a particular team took part in a Soccer AM-style lucky dip, where you had to pick a team out of the hat and that is the team you will follow for next season. I got the Browns. Thoughts? Any Browns fans here?

Decent game that was overshadowed by that fella saying at the end to the Steeler's fans to be proud of their state being champions of the world. Wait, the world? Typical yanks.

But yeah, although I wanted the Card's, that was a rather good catch under triple coverage to win the game.

Also, everyone at the bar I went to who didn't follow a particular team took part in a Soccer AM-style lucky dip, where you had to pick a team out of the hat and that is the team you will follow for next season. I got the Browns. Thoughts? Any Browns fans here?

Ohhhh do not come in here and pop your Euroboi mouth =P
But im happy you are watching a true sport =P

haha Browns? Your screwed.

Back