The National Football League Thread

Game was better than last years. The team in that game to beat the Cardinals was the Cardinals. They were the better team but kept hurting themselves with Penaltys and Turnovers at bad times. And that last play was not a fumble ( well close either way ) and they should of taken more time to look at it in a game of that magnitude. And you can say it wouldnt matter but even a Hail Mary is a good shot with Fitgerald out there.

And I think we have a new Super Bowl trend. And thats choosing to Defer in the beginning. I saw it happening before it did by either team.

So I guess next we got Draft Talk ?

I might actually watch the Pro Bowl this year.

I got the Browns. Thoughts? Any Browns fans here?

1337endo is a Browns fan! They really aren't as bad as the season they had. I'd say 8-8 season for them next year, missing the playoffs.

Free Agency is on my mind right now, and I'd love to see the Eagles pick up someone good at the WR position. Anquan Boldin appears to be on the market, which would be nice, or possibly a trade up in the draft for someone like Crabtree, Harvin, or Robiskie. Eagles need that WR weapon, because Jackson, Curtis, and a 3rd weapon along with One of the top O-lines in the NFC, Westbrook and McNabb makes their team one of the best offenses as well as defenses in football.

Game was better than last years. The team in that game to beat the Cardinals was the Cardinals. They were the better team but kept hurting themselves with Penaltys and Turnovers at bad times. And that last play was not a fumble ( well close either way ) and they should of taken more time to look at it in a game of that magnitude. And you can say it wouldnt matter but even a Hail Mary is a good shot with Fitgerald out there.

And I think we have a new Super Bowl trend. And thats choosing to Defer in the beginning. I saw it happening before it did by either team.

So I guess next we got Draft Talk ?

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it was better than last year, but it was one of the better ones for sure. I agree with you on the notion that the Cardinals beat themselves, they had way too many holding penalties and conservative play calling in the first half.

It's not so much turning into a Super Bowl trend, it was actually used quite a bit this past regular season. I personally think it makes more sense to get the ball first in the second half so you can potentially dictate the momentum from the start.

Draft isn't for a bit, but I will be anxious to see how all the prospects fare in the combine and pro days?

I think I'm going to wait for the '09 schedule before I make any win/loss predictions. Also going to wait to see who we draft, who we keep, who we lose, etc.

^^ Yea same with me. Plus gotta see if the Vikings finally wake up and realize we need a QB. Hell I'd even be happy with letting Booty run the offense.
And the QB and a Corner or 2 and we'd be ready to rock.

Just saw on ESPN that Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez want out of Kansas City. A potentially explosive half back and arguably the best TE in the history of the NFL.

^^ Yea same with me. Plus gotta see if the Vikings finally wake up and realize we need a QB. Hell I'd even be happy with letting Booty run the offense.
And the QB and a Corner or 2 and we'd be ready to rock.

You've gotta say the whole name or it just doesn't work, Bliss.

Cassel was franchised by the Patriots which means he's either getting 14.5 million or he's getting traded for two first round draft picks.

Cassel was franchised by the Patriots which means he's either getting 14.5 million or he's getting traded for two first round draft picks.

I think they will sign him, personally I'd trade him and use the picks to help the team else where, and hope Brady isn't too ****ed up to play.

But sometimes you have to know when to let a guy go at the right time, and it seems like this might be it. Plus Cassel is a very good, young quarterback that showed promise this year and there has to be somebody interested in Brady right? I haven't looked into it at all, but I find it hard to believe a team with some cap room and in need of a qb won't take a stab at Brady.

Let's remember it wasn't too long ago an injury prone Drew Bledsoe was replaced by a young undrafted player from michigen.

Next couple of weeks / months are going to be interesting.

Got a Dozen great players out there ( Haynesworth, Peppers, Boldin, Cassel/Brady, R Lewis to name a few all for the taking )

Got Warner and Favre still undecided. I think Warner returns along with Boldin to Cardinals. I think they would be stupid to not try and keep the same team, Even Fitzgerald is willing to take a pay cut for Boldin to return.

Favre - Who knows.

Can have players like Gonzalez, Ocho Cinco, that want out and might just get there wishes for the right price.

Then players who might just be let go: Tomilson, Collins * at worst a good backup * , Leftwich * He might be a starter this year somewhere again unless Pitts decides to keep him *.

This is always my favorite time of year. Fun to see what your team does and what other teams do.

As an Eagles fan I'm intrigued by the talk of Houshmanzada coming to Philly, but I don't know how likely it is. Anybody hear anything about him or other available WR's?

I just remember hearing that Houshmazoo said if Philly would be interested in him, he would be interested likewise.

Back