The Official Apple Inc. Thread

tank said:
So what do you guys think about Leopard. I've been using it since about 3 days after it came out.

I love Spaces. I sat down and set up my spaces and set some programs to default to a certain space. It's so nice. especially with using photoshop. I have a whole desktop devoted to PS and i can just Apple-Arrow over when I need to check my IM, or web. So helpful having the spaces.

And time machine is freakin sweet. I store all my music from a 200 gig external drive....and when I started up for the first time it automatically asked me if I wanted to use that drive as a time machine backup. so I set a 50gig limit, which is more than enough for the month that it keeps.

I freakin love it, even if the file tree on the left side of the finder looks a lil odd. It's new functions are way more important

I haven't found a huge need for Spaces, but once I get a little bit of time I'll work on setting it up. I got a 500GB external for Time Machine.

The one issue with Leopard that has popped up is with MSN connectivity. I use a chat client called Adium that lets you combine all your chat user accounts, but there's a bug that drops MSN off the list. It has to do with router settings and Leopard. I found a fix in the bug section of Adium troubleshooting, but it's way too complicated and I don't have enough time to sort it out. I'll just wait and hope there is an update that corrects it.

I recently started playing Age of Empires III on my 24 inch iMac. First I've played the game. It's wicked cool. Although all my people were massacred yesterday. :(

Spaces IS awesome! I have iTunes on Space 3 and my download software on Space 2. Nothing on Space 4 yet.

I'm also loving .Mac. It's expensive at 99 dollars a year, but with my iPhone, iMac, and MacBook now being synced with it effortlessly it's money well spent.

i just got my Macbook Pro yesterday and it is AWESOME! i love how easy it is. took a few hours to get used to but now it is just awesome. however i cannot stand the single button crap! i cant wait to find a good multi-button bluetooth mouse. already customized my dock (pimpmydock is the best!) and am looking for a good wallpaper. i just wish it had more USB ports (only has 2). now i just need to get windows installed so i can play games :)

Mitch2025 said:
i just got my Macbook Pro yesterday and it is AWESOME! i love how easy it is. took a few hours to get used to but now it is just awesome. however i cannot stand the single button crap! i cant wait to find a good multi-button bluetooth mouse. already customized my dock (pimpmydock is the best!) and am looking for a good wallpaper. i just wish it had more USB ports (only has 2). now i just need to get windows installed so i can play games :)
True about the single button. I got a mouse at the same time as I got my MacBook so it wasn't an issue. I got a USB 4 port hub for my MacBook. That works great. I'm staying away from installing Windows on mine because don't want to open the floodgates for all the crap that comes through on Windows.

Oh and wait until you can pimp out your mouse by setting the scroll wheel to do different things. When I push down on my scroll wheel it brings up all the windows at the same time so I can pick which one I want to work on.

Dark Wolf said:
True about the single button. I got a mouse at the same time as I got my MacBook so it wasn't an issue. I got a USB 4 port hub for my MacBook. That works great. I'm staying away from installing Windows on mine because don't want to open the floodgates for all the crap that comes through on Windows.
1. no window virus's will affect the mac. if you get a virus on your mac while using windows then it wont hurt OS X at all and 2. you dont get all kinds of crap if you have proper protection (lol makes me think of Trojan commercials)
Dark Wolf said:
Oh and wait until you can pimp out your mouse by setting the scroll wheel to do different things. When I push down on my scroll wheel it brings up all the windows at the same time so I can pick which one I want to work on.
sounds interesting. i may have too look into that. btw do you know any good anti-ad software for macs? i know of firefox and ad-block+ or w/e it is but i dont like it much because you have to manually block each ad (unless i missed something)

Mitch2025 said:
1. no window virus's will affect the mac. if you get a virus on your mac while using windows then it wont hurt OS X at all and 2. you dont get all kinds of crap if you have proper protection (lol makes me think of Trojan commercials)

sounds interesting. i may have too look into that. btw do you know any good anti-ad software for macs? i know of firefox and ad-block+ or w/e it is but i dont like it much because you have to manually block each ad (unless i missed something)

I never get ads while using Safari with the pop up blocker checked. Not even on espn.com which is always good for at least one pop up ad.

i hate safari though. cant stand it at all. i wish i could install my firewall on my router so it wuld block ads on all my computers lol

Back