the official confession booth... deep dark secrets

I once killed an entire village of shrimp people.

Wait... that's called dinner.

Okay back to the point... confessions.

There's always girls who like me and I always just disregard them and pretend like I don't notice anything. Girls always say guys are clueless, but I see it as being kind. I feel bad for them, but still don't want to date them. It gets worse when they say they love me (which I find idiotic). This throws me off because I lost all hope that love was anything more than an idiotic concept created by people who wished that the world could actually hold something so beautiful. Yet love is only a chemical emotion, a need to feel connected with someone, someway, no matter how trying it may be. True love can't exist for there to be true love there would have to be a way for people to truly feel. Mankind is devoid of true emotions, for how can one feel perfection when one is imperfect?

Wow... I just ranted. Oh well, it's a confession booth :p.

Overall point: I give girls/women false hope because I'm too much of a coward, or kind, to tell them the truth. Life is a lie, so why bother trying to live the truth.

Okay, I'm good with my faults for another... week, or so, so this helped out.

Love is real. You feel love on a daily basis towards your parents, your relatives, your friends, etc. They are all different types of love, so how could you say it does not exist when you display it every day? The love for a woman will come in time, don't force yourself or question why you do not like the people who like you back. Chances are, the girl you will love will eventually find you.

As for my confession: I am lying to my girlfriend. She is falling in love with me but I know that we are not meant to be. Her falling in love will be bad since she has not been with that many guys; therefore, breaking her heart. So the question is: Leave her before her emotions become so deep that she loves me or Stay with her and eventually stomp all over her heart?

Love is real. You feel love on a daily basis towards your parents, your relatives, your friends, etc. They are all different types of love, so how could you say it does not exist when you display it every day? The love for a woman will come in time, don't force yourself or question why you do not like the people who like you back. Chances are, the girl you will love will eventually find you.

As for my confession: I am lying to my girlfriend. She is falling in love with me but I know that we are not meant to be. Her falling in love will be bad since she has not been with that many guys; therefore, breaking her heart. So the question is: Leave her before her emotions become so deep that she loves me or Stay with her and eventually stomp all over her heart?

I have never felt love. I feel no love to my parents, relatives, friends, pets, etc. Don't presume to know what I feel. I thought I felt love once, but I realized it was just infatuation (my first real girlfriend).

Anyway, while I don't understand love I do understand emotions. The keyword to what you said is she's falling in love with you. That means you still have time. It will be easier on her, and you, if you just end it now. If you can already tell that your not meant to be than there is no point in staying in the relationship.

Edit: @ROB64 Something very terrible happened to me when I was a child and I also had many other hardships. This left my emotions unstable and eventually they began to dwindle. Sometimes I have to fake emotions for the sake of others because I feel nothing. Maybe I should go to therapy, or something, but hey... I'm not unhappy and people like me.

Kingslayer, if you have parents who raised you, there definitely is some love in you for them. As a child you loved your parents, it is a biologic instinct. Love is a natural human emotion and no logic can erase that.

As for my problem: A problem with leaving her now is that I never said I didn't like her, I just said we are not meant to be. She is not my type of wife-material but she is a great girlfriend. Chances are I am going to stomp on her heart because better her than me. As humans we are naturally selfish, or a nicer way to put it is individualistic.

Well I have no idea why you would ever want to stay in it if you know it'd hurt her more later.

Also, what the hell makes a good girlfriend that isn't in a wife?

The only thing I can think of is that she's putting out for you and you don't want to lose your source of sex.

Am I correct?

Love is not a biological instinct, it's an environmental factor. Love is just a word for a feeling, there are many definitions. Each person has their own concept of love and a person only loves if they meet their own requirements.

Selfishness is natural to humans, but it can easily be overrode. All you have to is have willpower. Conquering your base emotions is what separates people. Laziness, envy, greed, violence... they're all part of the human mind, but it doesn't mean you have to partake in them.

Your instincts... your natural emotions... none of them matter. You choose how you live... you decide.

I ask you... is it better to be a person who cannot feel love, but can be kind or a person who feels love but is ultimately selfish?

Also, love requires sacrifices so you cannot truly love if you partake in selfishness.

I care very little what happens with my life, I only wish to help others. I do insane amounts of charity work and am considered one of the nicest people at my school. So, ROB64, just because I feel no love does that make me monster?

whoa, this got interesting.

godstepk1d: honesty seems to be the best policy here. It is not unusual for a relationship to involve one person deeply in love while the other likes it without really loving it. Perhaps it would help to clarify this to her, that although you really like being with her, and that even though she means something to you, that you cannot declare such strong love as she declares for you.
Now, if you've gone beyond the point of regular sex and such, it's probably much more difficult to say and make it sound good.

kingslayer: If I find something wrong with what you say is not the fact that you're a "monster" because you cannot "love", but it's mostly the fact that your comments suggest overall emptiness.
What you say is correct in several instances. I study psychology and I am very aware of almost everything you say, but I am also aware that part of being human is being biased, and it has been shown that healthy people will fool themselves into optimism and positive emotions such as hope, faith, and love. I say fool themselves because it is indeed statistically foolish, but I find myself admiring this because it is what allows us to progress and to keep on living.
My point here is that your lack of emotion suggests that you may not be emotionally healthy. However, the fact you express yourself as altruistic makes me think that you are capable of actual love, which is selfless and does involve sacrifice. I think you not caring about what happens to you may mean low self-esteem, and declaring yourself as incapable of love may merely be you repressing your own emotions to avoid getting hurt or to present a different face to the world (since this society considers emotions as being "weakness"), which I completely understand because I have myself attempted such a thing.

Just to clarify though, this is me speculating based on what I've read. I am not saying I know who you are, or anything of the sort. I'm just writing this as a personal contribution to the topic, and if I am wrong then by all means ignore me.

oh wow, that sucks. I can sympathize because I've felt the same for someone I haven't seen in more than 6 years, the difference is she's not pregnant.

I also have had something like this, one year a girl moved to my school the next year she left, The first day she came I couldn't get her out of my mind, Then the next year she left I was so sad, It's been 7 years since that and I still remember her face completely and still wish I could be with her.

I have also cut myself a few times. :/

I forgot that slitting your wrists had more to it than an overwhelming craving for attention.

Sarcasm, of course.

I cut myself only a few times, It wasn't for attention no one knows besides you's, Plus it's not like I cut Extremely deep. :tard:

It gets the adrenaline going so hardcore style, you can hardly even feel it. Its almost like a natural high

Back