The One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect

Count Bleck
Ridley
Knuckles

...AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST..MEGA MAN!!! COME ON!! The first thing I think of when "nintendo" "classic" and "gameboy" come to mind = Megaman...I dont know what they were thinking...This is just ridiculous....But instead of looking at the bad, I think i'll just take what Nintendo gave me and be happy the Wii reads the disc correctly..

Woulda loved playing as Knuckles rather than watch him run by while you fight in the Green Hill Zone...

the punisher

054.jpg

GigaRidley said:
COUNT BLECK. (Bet you thought I was gonna say Ridley, huh?)

C'mon, you know he's awesome. He's a monocle and top-hat wearing vampiresque gentleman who happens to have an entire dimension up his cape (like Cloak from Spiderman, and we all know how cool he is). He has a book that predicts the end of the world, has an awesome theme song, and controls something called a Chaos Heart. I mean, you can't get cooler than that! :lol:
What do you think?
You know what would've been even better? SANTA! Ol' St. Nick would own it up. He would kinda look like Kind Dedede, but just own a lot more and have some special moves. :smilewinkgrin:

The Plague said:
...AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST..MEGA MAN!!! COME ON!!

I really thought Mega Man would be in it. Actually, all the new characters I thought would be in it, weren't lol:lol:

megaman would def have to be my first choice. it would be perfect if they put the old series in thurr. he could use rush for his final smash and AHH it woulda been aweosome. uhm it would be kool if knuckles was in there too. i think they shoulda put paper mario and pixelated mario as a costume...but w.e

So, not really a character per say, but something that they should have done with two of the characters that would have made the game better.

Link and Toon Link should have been made distinct.

As they stand now, they have exactly the same moves. BOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

I'd have made regular link Twilight Princess Link, and given him the ability to change form between normal and wolf form. His final smash would have involved tossing everyone into the dark world which would suck out their life.

Toon link would have been Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link.
His Final would involve a boat somehow. Maybe like Snakes final, where he'd go somewhere they couldn't hit him, and he could shoot at them with the boats cannon.

Finally, I'd give them different specials. Link has more than just the Bow, Bombs, and Boomerang.
Maybe Toon Link would get Bombchus. And that cane that flips things upside down. Shoot people with it and they flip and land on their heads. And his Down Special? Iron boots. Make him slow and shortens his jumps, but makes him much harder to launch or throw. Basically a built in Metal Box.

Sat thinking about charecters all day while waiting for my copy of brawl, M-Bishon from street fighter, another sonic charecter and possible a belmont from castlevania.

TiwazTyrsfist said:
So, not really a character per say, but something that they should have done with two of the characters that would have made the game better.

Link and Toon Link should have been made distinct.

As they stand now, they have exactly the same moves. BOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

I'd have made regular link Twilight Princess Link, and given him the ability to change form between normal and wolf form. His final smash would have involved tossing everyone into the dark world which would suck out their life.

Toon link would have been Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link.
His Final would involve a boat somehow. Maybe like Snakes final, where he'd go somewhere they couldn't hit him, and he could shoot at them with the boats cannon.

Finally, I'd give them different specials. Link has more than just the Bow, Bombs, and Boomerang.
Maybe Toon Link would get Bombchus. And that cane that flips things upside down. Shoot people with it and they flip and land on their heads. And his Down Special? Iron boots. Make him slow and shortens his jumps, but makes him much harder to launch or throw. Basically a built in Metal Box.
well they arent 100% the same... but might as well.. the only differences is that toon link is faster and hes smaller which makes him a harder target, his spin attack is a bit different by how it hits, when jumping and pressing back A in the air, he'll do a sword swing as apposed to the adult link doing a double kick.. and his upsmash is just 1 strong swing rather than 3, tbh i like toon better cause of the speed but either way theyre basically the same..oh and the down smash with toon link catches them in both, the twilight link just knocks them up
(no pun intended)

tloztw said:
well they arent 100% the same... but might as well.. the only differences is that toon link is faster and hes smaller which makes him a harder target, his spin attack is a bit different by how it hits, when jumping and pressing back A in the air, he'll do a sword swing as apposed to the adult link doing a double kick.. and his upsmash is just 1 strong swing rather than 3, tbh i like toon better cause of the speed but either way theyre basically the same..oh and the down smash with toon link catches them in both, the twilight link just knocks them up
(no pun intended)

Granted, they aren't EXACTLY the same. However, the differences, you must agree, are slightly less than the differences between Fox and Falco.

I just really feel that they could have been made VASTLY different, completely distinct characters.

Link is a variable enough character that if you include two versions, you should be able to have zero overlap beyond the fact that they have swords.
Especially when you've had two so very different games in the last two years.

Twilight Princess Vs. Phantom Hourglass.

They shouldn't Both have Bow, Boomerang, Bomb, Whirlwind Sword as their special movesets.

EDIT:
An example idea.
TP Link
Link
Special: Hero's Bow
Side Special: Spinner (spinning disc appears under link, Link moves swiftly across the ground and does damage to those he hits)
Up Special: Sword Whirlwind
Down Special: Transform Wolf
Wolf
Special: Some sort of Howl thing.
Side Special: Wolf Dash (charge attack)
Up Special: Midna-Reach (Midna reaches out with her Hair-Hand thing and grasps a ledge)
Down Special: Transform Link

PH Link
Special: Megaton Hammer
Side Special: Boomerang
Up Special: Grappling Hook (Shoots up and grabs ledges)
Down Special: Bombchu (seeking Bomb)

Last edited:
I totally agree i feel clone charecters were a little waste of effort when nintendo could have put other new charecters to the series.

Why do you bother complaining about clones? I mean you CAN NOT change the fact they have close moves but who cares??? It is a great game quit your whining.

Back