the other weaponary in the legend of zelda:tp

Lachadine said:
bring on the fierce diety mask!:D That was so cool in mm!
yes deity link was cool, he was very cool
anyhooo what about armour for Epona/horse

Mr_Stoukaph said:
the slingshot hes talking about isnt the same. hes talking about the kind you hold a string at both ends with a stone in the middle and swing it above your head. then let go of one end to throw the stone. it would actually be pretty cool to have it.
its called a sling

Yeah, well the "sling" was just an idea. I know there are cooler ideas - but it seems like most of them are already part of the franchise. I would like obtaining the master sword to be more epic. I liked it a lot in Link to the Past(except for the fake swords) and even more in OoT. The sword in the stone theme is kinda neat. More empahsis should be placed on how you get the items and in making these moments unique. The worst part of any Zelda game is going through a temple and saying - "well ive already gotten the hook shot and I saw some kind of a target back there that probably needs a bow - so I bet the third chest I open in this temple will be a bow and arrow" (the first two chests being the map and compass of course) This style of obtaining items is too predictable. I like getting the items in strange places - like the big goron sword.

I think someone mentioned the idea of upgradable items too. It would be cool to find a blacksmith or a wizard or someone who could increase the strength of your weapons.

he does becease i saw a video that made him fall of espona and the guy stole one of the enemys rider pigs that was so cool

in touch with the wii said:
he does becease i saw a video that made him fall of espona and the guy stole one of the enemys rider pigs that was so cool
do you have a link for the video?

I'm surprised no ones mentioned other classes of weapons! I was thinking, Link already has a bow, sword, sheild, bombs and god knows how many other things which can be used as weapons, so howabout different primary weapons? I don't know about you guys but didnt combat get a bit boring with JUST the master sword? What if you could equip either a Sword, Axe or Spear/Lance, and each would have its own attributes (it always bugged the hell outta me how all the enemies in ZOoT had the coolest looking weapons and you had this mundane-looking blade).

It could even be taken a step further and give the weapons a rock-paper-scissors relationship, ie: sword is good against spear but weak against axe, axe is good against sword but weak against spear, spear is weak against sword but good against axe. You could have item boxes scattered around the land and you could switch your weapons there to better handle the situation. I really liked phiggey's idea about more creative/less predictable/conventional ways to find weapons, it could really help revitalise the series.

What about finding orbs or something which enable your sword to be forged to allow it to reach a new level of power? What if you don't actually find the master sword, but some legendary Hylian blacksmith can forge one if he has the right materials/equipment? What if you could go and search across the land and through the dungeons to try recover it? If they changed the formula it could really revitalise the series. With games like Majora's Mask and WindWaker it sort of felt like they were scrounging for ideas (No offense to those games as I loved Majora's Mask and I hear WindWaker is really good).

If they changed the weapon system it could really give Legend of Zelda a new spin and I hope they do (I'd love to see Link handling a Spear or Axe) Or even a weapons system where you don't get just one weapon or class of weapon, but in total there is a huge number of weapons (about 30 or 40 of each weapon class) all of which are breakable (say each weapon has HP of 40 or 50 so after 50 hits it will break) except a certain few (say the Master Sword as one of them) but weapons will be easy to come by, for instance you can kill a guy and take his weapon, go to a market and buy some, allies give you theres when they no longer need them etc.

Maybe this might even help give money more value in the games, I mean who really needed Rupees in ZOoT after the first 1/4 of the game?

Something to consider...

I bet its going to be something with Boots......u know how in LoZ:OoT there was iron boots for the Water Temple.....well in the trailer theres thos like magnet boots or whatever so i bet its that!

Which one was that really cool sword, (ive clocked both Zeldas on 64) i just cant remember. It had like a full long blade and another blade attatched to that which was a bit shorter. I think that the base thing in which u hold it is an orangy colour. Plz, that was a cool sword and whenever i draw a sword i draw that one :) can some1 plz plz plz tell me the name of it.

Ezekiel86 said:
I'm surprised no ones mentioned other classes of weapons! I was thinking, Link already has a bow, sword, sheild, bombs and god knows how many other things which can be used as weapons, so howabout different primary weapons? I don't know about you guys but didnt combat get a bit boring with JUST the master sword? What if you could equip either a Sword, Axe or Spear/Lance, and each would have its own attributes (it always bugged the hell outta me how all the enemies in ZOoT had the coolest looking weapons and you had this mundane-looking blade).

It could even be taken a step further and give the weapons a rock-paper-scissors relationship, ie: sword is good against spear but weak against axe, axe is good against sword but weak against spear, spear is weak against sword but good against axe. You could have item boxes scattered around the land and you could switch your weapons there to better handle the situation. I really liked phiggey's idea about more creative/less predictable/conventional ways to find weapons, it could really help revitalise the series.

What about finding orbs or something which enable your sword to be forged to allow it to reach a new level of power? What if you don't actually find the master sword, but some legendary Hylian blacksmith can forge one if he has the right materials/equipment? What if you could go and search across the land and through the dungeons to try recover it? If they changed the formula it could really revitalise the series. With games like Majora's Mask and WindWaker it sort of felt like they were scrounging for ideas (No offense to those games as I loved Majora's Mask and I hear WindWaker is really good).

If they changed the weapon system it could really give Legend of Zelda a new spin and I hope they do (I'd love to see Link handling a Spear or Axe) Or even a weapons system where you don't get just one weapon or class of weapon, but in total there is a huge number of weapons (about 30 or 40 of each weapon class) all of which are breakable (say each weapon has HP of 40 or 50 so after 50 hits it will break) except a certain few (say the Master Sword as one of them) but weapons will be easy to come by, for instance you can kill a guy and take his weapon, go to a market and buy some, allies give you theres when they no longer need them etc.

Maybe this might even help give money more value in the games, I mean who really needed Rupees in ZOoT after the first 1/4 of the game?

Something to consider...
ok remeber the septor in the first ever legend of zelda that would be cool or bring back the sword blast that was cool:cool:

Ezekiel86 said:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Galore!!!!

Link handling new weapons would be pretty cool and all, upgraded weapons, etc etc, but we'll just have to wait and see until it comes out to know for sure what weapons we'll get and or see...

In Ocarina of Time, they were supposed to incorporate the laser that Link shoots out of his sword when he has full health. I would like to see that...

Back