The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Civ 5, why you so drug like? ****ing when I start it up I just keep playing and when I keep playing I can't stop.

Two missions, two Brachydios Pallium and one Brachy Gem. Pallium has a 2% drop rate, Gem 3%. But after three missions, I can't find a single 59% drop.

lolwut?

I just obtained a Feebas via Wonder Trade.

Who wants this worthless piece of ****?!

Throw it into the pond in Route 3, no one will ever have t' see it's ugly mug again.

[video=youtube;-QWf_qAPb7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWf_qAPb7Y[/video]

Yes. I'm here to kill a Feebas.

Just played through Knee Deep in the Dead again only on Ultra Violent. Holy balls, the difference between Harsh and Ultra Violent, it took me by surprise but I adjusted quickly and I haven't died yet (also I'm not abusing saves by loading them up all the time if something doesn't go as I want...which I normally do).

Also learned that you can kick during the shotguns reload similar to shoving in L4D, doesn't do it with any of the other weapons though, it just queues the key press so you'll reload then kick but the Shotgun is special when it comes to kicking during a reload.

With Pyro Demolisher in hand and my armor highly improved, I took another shot at that damnable Alatreon. Said improvements to armor made absolutely ****-all difference, still takin' retarded damage. However, the weapon improvement clearly mattered as I cleaved it's tail off, even though I wasn't ever aiming to do so. Sadly, all'a these improvements still weren't enough... 35 minutes in, I was outta heals (why I didn't stock up fully, I dunno lul). 5 minutes left, the two times I carted resulted in me not havin' any Cool drinks left. The threat of timing out was bad enough, and now I was doomed t' burn to death. 'Less the monster killed me first, anyways. I'd long since given up hope, and was forced to accept failure again. =/

"Objective complete!"

"... waitwut????"

I beat Strange Journey's final boss!

... and I immediately died afterwards due to a previous attack. Went for several other tries, and eventually beat it. Using monsters that reflect all elements is pretty OP, but the boss was so cheap that it has an unavoidable 1-hit KO attack that can only be avoid via luck.

May as well go for a new game+ and see what I unlocked.

So, my Battle Maison team consists of Sharpedo, Swalot, and Mega Pinsir. I decided to try this on Wifi, not sure how well it would do, but I've actually lost very few battles so far, if any. Granted, about ~50% of the players were pretty noobish, but I'm doing well against the seemingly competitive people so far. Sashpedo seems absolutely fantastic in 3 vs 3, the only things that can OHKO it are priority users and Pokemon with multi hit attacks. And even if an opponent that Sharpy can't OHKO has priority, I can usually just switch to Swalot to take it. Since entry hazards are so uncommon in 3 vs 3, I can generally have Sharpedo take out a Pokemon later with Destiny Bond. Swalot itself is obviously not the best option, but even so it's not useless. It's not easy to set up on thanks to Yawn, and it can get some extra damage in with Infestation and Toxic. It may not have reliable recovery, but Black Sludge manages to restore a fair amount of HP during sleep and Protect turns. My particular Mega Pinsir was not bred with Quick Attack, I think because at the time of breeding it I did not realize that it only needs two attacking moves outside of Quick Attack, namely Return and Earthquake. Regardless, although not as useful as Quick Attack, Substitute is still helpful, mostly to protect against status. I also feel like Substitute > Quick Attack in the Battle Maison, simply because there's so much you can set one up on, but that's irrelevant to battling human players.

Last edited:
So, my Battle Maison team consists of Sharpedo, Swalot, and Mega Pinsir. I decided to try this on Wifi, not sure how well it would do, but I've actually lost very few battles so far, if any. Granted, about ~50% of the players were pretty noobish, but I'm doing well against the seemingly competitive people so far. Sashpedo seems absolutely fantastic in 3 vs 3, the only things that can OHKO it are priority users and Pokemon with multi hit attacks. And even if an opponent that Sharpy can't OHKO has priority, I can usually just switch to Swalot to take it. Since entry hazards are so uncommon in 3 vs 3, I can generally have Sharpedo take out a Pokemon later with Destiny Bond. Swalot itself is obviously not the best option, but even so it's not useless. It's not easy to set up on thanks to Yawn, and it can get some extra damage in with Infestation and Toxic. It may not have reliable recovery, but Black Sludge manages to restore a fair amount of HP during sleep and Protect turns. My particular Mega Pinsir was not bred with Quick Attack, I think because at the time of breeding it I did not realize that it only needs two attacking moves outside of Quick Attack, namely Return and Earthquake. Regardless, although not as useful as Quick Attack, Substitute is still helpful, mostly to protect against status. I also feel like Substitute > Quick Attack in the Battle Maison, simply because there's so much you can set one up on, but that's irrelevant to battling human players.

Doesn't X&Y comp consist solely on priority moves?

Back