The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

I never want to fight another Diablos again. Not when it goes rage mode after every two hits, needlessly extending the fight an extra 20 minutes... come High Rank I was initially impressed by how much ya needed t' respect it's new-found speed in rage mode, but now I'm well sick'a it. For the same reason why the Gigginox annoys me: all you can ever safely get on it is one or two stray hits. Then it's a matter of chasing it down back and forth. Kind'a like Uragaan now that I think 'bout it, but they're sluggish and therefore not very hard to catch up to... or Spirit Combo.

'Least Diablos are super-weak to poison. Belladonna's Bite has been servin' me well, despite havin' as great a weapon as the Pyro Demolisher. They can waste time all they want with their charges, they'l still be losin' 1/16th their HP per turn. wait wrong game

Doesn't X&Y comp consist solely on priority moves?

The competitive scene, specifically the higher tiers, has definitely had a place for priority since the days of DPP when moves like Bullet Punch 'n Aqua Jet came to be. I reckon every Generation has introduced more priority abusers as well. As is common knowledge, once Scizor got Bullet Punch in Platinum, it literally dominated the metagame. Conkeldurr's Mach Punch made waves in Gen 5 whenever it's Drain Punch wasn't, Thundurus was banned literally because it has priority T-wave in addition to it's fantastic sweeping capabilities. I'm sure there were plenty of other lower-tier priority users also introduced. None of which I can name, bar Sableye.

Priority is indeed very common in Gen 6's OU metagame as well. Talonflame and Aegislash specifically are quite common for good reason, though the latter doesn't need to abuse Shadow Sneak t' be a huge threat. But the metagame "solely consisting of priority moves" is still a gross exaggeration. 'Specially since we don't know what the post-Pokemon Bank metagame is gonna look like. The original RS metagame 'fore Emerald, Colosseum, etc. was drastically different than RSE's.

Last edited:
My friend's Aegislash uses Shadow Sneak as its only attacking move. Even after two Swords Dances, it still can't OHKO a Delphox.

My friend's Aegislash uses Shadow Sneak as its only attacking move. Even after two Swords Dances, it still can't OHKO a Delphox.

It does depend on what Aegislash's form is too, Sword grants more attack and Shield grants defence. All that good stuff.

loln00b aegislash has to be in blade form when attacking

If a Delphox has 252 in HP and Defense, with a perfect IV in both stats, Aegislash with an IV of 0, neutral nature, and 252 EVs in Atk has a guaranteed chance to OHKO with +4 Shadow Sneak. In other words, if what ya say is true, both the Aegislash and Delphox owners should be ashamed.

Smash with skilled friends >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Smash with random people in area

I luck out, I suppose. That is definitely true, but I have skilled friends in area, so yeah :lol:

I would prefer to Smash with you guys, but I can't lose my tech skill or anything because of online habits.

Forgot how fun Wind Waker is. Addicted to it and a Manga called 20th Century Boys. After I finish one of them, I will be here more often.

May as well start smt IV now. I might end up getting burn out though. Also, been having fun playing Sniper in TF2. With an actual sniper rifle. It's just unfortunate when I'm the only guy near the front line so the entire enemy team is after me.

I've personally been getting back into Persona 4 Arena. Been working that Yosuke Hanamura. May not be exactly what I want in a character, but I'm totally picking favorites :lol:

When Arena 2 comes out, I'm uber excited to play as Yosuke and Junpei.

Back